“Excellent hotel with unbeatable price!” 5 of 5 stars

Provo Travelers Inn
70 East 300 South, Provo, UT 84606   |
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Provo, Utah
“Excellent hotel with unbeatable price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I rolled into Provo at around midnight about a week behind my family and after driving all day from Omaha, Nebraska. I was exhausted, and wasn't sure what to expect for hotels in Provo, and hadn't made reservations since I wasn't sure when I'd be arriving. I literally stumbled across The Travelers Inn and turned in to see what was available. They had a room available for only 49.99 with a kingsize bed, cable tv, fridge, and microwave. I was amazed! Right in the middle of downtown Provo, literally two blocks away from the Nuskin corporate building.
The room was large, very clean, and quiet. I was only going to stay for the night, but liked the room so much that I stayed for four days while I finalized the move of my business to Provo. While I was there I saw all the activity and the effort of the owners to maintain the Inn as would any top-tier hotel, (such as hired contractors for pest control, landscaping, and linen/laundry service).
The pride the owners have in their Inn is very obvious, and I will tell all my friends and family about this little gem I found.
If you want to be close to everything in Provo, there's no need to spend a fortune. Look no further. A+!! recommendation from me.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

This indian woman owns it and she is VERY VERY demanding and rude. If you want to be bothered, ALL the time, to the point it is HARASSMENT, choose Travelers Inn- You'll get all that and unclean sheets and no toilet paper! Who wants that??? The indian woman does NOT keep up with housekeeping, nor does the "incredible" staff. She finds a way to charge you for every little thing. She is a theif and if you try to talk to her rationally she won't hear it. She will yell, and repeat things that don't matter. My advice, don't stay here. It may be cheap, but this Indian woman will find SOME way to charge you. Blindsided.

• Stayed May 2011
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

We stayed there for 4 days, and it was a very pleasant experience. The staff seem really stand-offish at first but once you get to talk to them, they kinda lighten up. It is now called "Travelers Inn" but still the same layout as before. Good sized rooms, descent beds, really quite, microwave, 27" TV, refridgerator, hot showers and excellent lighting in the bathroms (skylights). They are willing to haggle over prices if your into that. I would stay here again if the need ever arose. And I would recommend it if your not expecting the Taj Mahal!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

I would not recommend this place to anyone. This Indian lady that owns this place is a very shady lady and a thief. I went to stay for a night and she said it was $54 including taxes....I looked at the receipt before I signed and she was charging me $78 for a one bed room that she said was 49 plus tax. I ask here about the price and she acts like it was just a mistake. I came back to ask her a question and she just started yelling saying I was trying to rip her off. I asked her if they had a remote for the tv and she started yelling at me saying, if I don't want the room then get out. I then asked her for my money back and she started cussing at me and speaking in another language and said that there was no refund. I had just been in the room for about 30 seconds before realizing that there was no tv remote. I could not understand why she was acting like that and told her that I wanted my money back and would not be staying there that night. Anyways to make a long story short, I stood at the front desk asking for my refund for about an hour, and at times she would walk away to the back for ten minutes or so and just ignore me. Finally after about an hour, she comes out and tells me that it has been more than an hour since I checked in and if I was not going to stay there then I would lose $30 of the $54 and she would only give me $24 back. I ended up staying there for the night but I talked to the Provo City and the tourist bureau and let them know what happened that night......DO NOT STAY THERE..

• Liked — nothing-terrible customer service
  • Disliked — Front Desk Manager
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2006

Provo is a very nice looking city of over 100,000. But be advised! You cannot get a taxi there at night! Though Provo is fairly good-sized, it's Amtrak station is nothing more than a platform with a shelter. Although the phone number to the local taxi service is posted, they don't answer their phone. I discovered this when connecting overnight between Amtrak and Greyhound. I ended up walking from the train to the Best Western at 11pm. Fortunately, it appeared to be in a safe neighborhood!

The B-W Columbian itself was fine. It looks a little seedy at night, what with the exterior passageways. But don't let that fool you. This place offers basic accommodations in clean rooms at an affordable rate. And as I was just making an overnight connection, that's all I needed!

• Stayed June 2005
Champaign IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2005

We stayed here in the spring of 2004 and returned because it's such a great deal. Our suite had a microwave & refrigerator this time. The hotel now has a breakfast room next to lobby. Very helpful & courteous staff. Easy access to main roads & I-15.

Stayed August 2005
central Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2005

The BW Columbian is a great little motel. From the outside it doesn't look like much, but inside it was great. My room was clean, spacious, and quiet, the bed was comfortable, and the decor was unique. The pool (outside) is open until 10 pm. The desk staff was friendly and helpful, and even offered me some pastries and fruit when I checked out before they had put out the free breakfast items. A really nice experience overall.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Provo Travelers Inn? Share your experiences!