“We are repeat customers” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Provo, Utah, United States
“We are repeat customers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Sometimes you are lucky enough to find a restaurant that rates high enough for repeat visits. That's the case with Saigon Cafe. It is a quintessential Chinese restaurant with a nice variety of offerings that come out hot and tasty. You can get bland or you can get spicy and everything in between - something for everyone. The family who runs it is attentive and friendly. The food, service and low prices keep us coming back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pleasant Grove, UT
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

When going out to eat with work colleagues, someone suggested Saigon Cafe. It wasn't quite as good as they raved about, particularly the fried rice, but otherwise it was tasty and a good value. Our service was prompt.

I didn't give this five stars since there are as good, or better, choices available in Utah Valley.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fairfield
“Lots of good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had dinner here following the recommendation of our daughter who discovered this restaurant while attending school in Provo. As soon as we got out of the car and smelled the mouthwatering aroma coming from the kitchen, I knew this was going to be a great experience. The Saigon cafe is a small family run place, a little out of the way, but well worth the trip. Service was so friendly and really fast. For a mere five dollars, we were served a bowl of soup, fried chips, egg rolls and a large entree with fried rice. None of us could finish all the food. I'm not qualified to say whether the food was truly authentic but everything we tried was delicious. My son had the garlic shrimp, my daughter cashew chicken, my husband orange chicken and I had the low mein. I admit that I generally take home leftover food because I hate wasting food--and then I throw it away later because leftover restaurant food rarely appeals to me the next day. But in this case we had the leftovers for lunch the next day! I would definitely eat there again when in Provo.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“BEST DEAL IN TOWN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Lot's of food, cheap price! I love this place because its such a great family run store. They're really nice and the restaurant has got its own cool vibe. A must for any take out order or nice 1/2hour break from work or school. The General Tso's chicken is my personal favorite.

Visited March 2013
Provo, Utah
“NOT a Vietnamese place!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I don't know about the Chinese food here since I haven't tried it but the Vietnamese food is gross! I got the vermicelli noodle salad and I didn't even finish it! The noodles were slimy and mushy and the sauce was pure fish sauce. It was only $5 but it was a waste of $5. If you like cheap Chinese food then this place sounds good but if you want Vietnamese food go somewhere else! Rice King Noodle on Center St. is a much better choice.

• Visited October 2012