“Cafe Rio” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Provo, Utah, United States
“Cafe Rio”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

College students love this place. It's always crowded, you get big portions, and if you like Mexican food, you will probably like this. It's noisy and there is no atmosphere.

Visited September 2012

Provo, Utah
“Fresh Mexican Food, Fast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Mexican food at Cafe Rio is, to be more specific, Mexican-American food, but it is delicious Mexican American food that is prepared quickly before your eyes. You order in front of a food counter, and in nearly every menu item, your meal begins with a freshly-cooked tortilla (and now whole-wheat tortillas are an option!) upon which everything else is placed. My favorite item is the vegetarian salad which comes with beans (black or pinto) seasoned rice, fresh Romaine lettuce, pico de gallo, a dash of Parmesan cheese, and a scoop of fresh guacamole. The salad is topped off with a handful of crispy corn tortilla strips.

The restaurant is usually very busy on weekend evenings, and it can be crowded, so consider phoning ahead for take out (or just pick it up at the take out counter and eat it there in the restaurant). This is a restaurant my wife and I visit monthly at least. We've never been disappointed with one of their meals.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Its An Ok Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

All my friends love this place. For me it is just ok, i rather have authentic mexican food else where. They only have pinto and black beans. They are too fast in the line and dont listen to customer requests, they just rush through to the next customer. I heard the pork salad is the best menu item.

Visited October 2012
Ferron, Utah
“My friend brought me a salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

It was a pork barbacoa, at least I think that's the name. It was so full of flavor! I really like all the items they put in their salad. Black beans, lettuce, a freshly made tortilla underneath! Just wonderful flavor!

Visited October 2012
Provo, Utah
“Great Food, Bad Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Cafe Rio is delicious but I would not recommend going to this one. For the few times that I've been to this one the service there is not up to par. I came in for a To Go order & the two To Go girls, who were just standing there with nothing to do, let me stand there for 5 minutes. Finally one of them told me that the cashier on the line would help me. So I went & stood at the other register where the cashier, instead of asking me what I had & let me pay for it, waited for the man coming down the line & checked him out before me. I felt very disregarded & that my business didn't matter. I love Cafe Rio but I would recommend going up to the Orem location. I live in Provo & drive the extra few miles to the Orem store.

• Visited September 2012