“Great Food, Bad Service” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Provo, Utah
“Great Food, Bad Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Cafe Rio is delicious but I would not recommend going to this one. For the few times that I've been to this one the service there is not up to par. I came in for a To Go order & the two To Go girls, who were just standing there with nothing to do, let me stand there for 5 minutes. Finally one of them told me that the cashier on the line would help me. So I went & stood at the other register where the cashier, instead of asking me what I had & let me pay for it, waited for the man coming down the line & checked him out before me. I felt very disregarded & that my business didn't matter. I love Cafe Rio but I would recommend going up to the Orem location. I live in Provo & drive the extra few miles to the Orem store.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Utah
“Always Wonderful Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

One of my favorite Mexican restaurants. Fixed just how you like it. This place is always busy, but just go. The atmosphere is fun. The service is always great. Clean. It's reasonable priced, plenty of food, and they have great horchata.

Visited December 2011
Washington
“Fresh, delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is fast food at its best. The made to order meals are superb and the chicken tortilla soup fabulous.

Visited September 2012
Utah
“Great place to meet friends for lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Love their chicken salad! Always happy associates to serve you. Lunch hours can be crazy- I prefer to go early around 11 as the place fills up fast.

Visited August 2012
Pleasant Grove, Utah
“Top notch Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I'm talking about the Cafe Rio in Orem on State Street. They are much better than the one up in Leigh. Orem Rio gives better portions of meat in the salads. Great crew. Place is noisy because of all of the chatter from behind the line as they are preparing your order. It is almost like the Samari Warrior working in the burger join. But instead of "Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger" you just hear them asking the customers if the want "Pintos or Black beans", Lime, or whatever goes with you dish. But, the food can't be beaten.

Visited May 2012