“Best Breakfast EVER!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Goodlettsville, Tennessee, United States
“Best Breakfast EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We heard about Cafe 300 by searching trip advisor and yelp when we were in provo in October 2013. the place was very busy but we were able to eat outside. I had the french toast and my wife had the omelet. My wife's said hers was very good. Mine was the best I've ever tasted. the bread was very thick but so tasty and soft. Truly, it was one of the best breakfasts I've can remember.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

California
“Come hungry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

As other reviewers have noted, the portions served are very ample. One entree could conceivably be split between two people, with maybe a side salad to complement the meal. We had the Reuben sandwich and fish and chips, along with a side order of onion rings. The Reuben was absolutely amazing: a generous slice of real corned beef and some very delicious sauerkraut on a very good rye bread. The sandwich came with two sides and would have been adequate to feed the two of us. The cod fillets were very, very good but we had to get a box because of all of the food. The clam chowder was very good also. The fries were homemade, but I have had better fries elsewhere. Not so with the onion rings - they are not to be missed.

Other entrees being enjoyed by other diners: a Cobb salad that looked very delicious, and certainly large enough for two people, a tri-tip roast dinner that looked very good, and tasty-looking hamburgers. I hope to return soon to sample more of the menu.

The restaurant is just north of the viaduct at 465 South University Avenue in an old Winger's building.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Provo, Utah
“Great Comfort Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is one of the best comfort food restaurants in Utah County. They have extraordinary portions and some of the most welcoming service anywhere. It is family owned and operated and after being there once we felt a part of the clan. We love Thomas and Norma! The pancakes are as big as the plates! Come here when you are really hungry! It is now located at 465 S. University Drive, Provo.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Provo, Utah
“Enough Pecans for a Pie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Thanks to TripAdvisor reviews, I went to Café 300 yesterday for lunch. Because of specific mentions in the reviews, I was determined to try the onion rings and the grilled chicken salad. It was tempting to order from the alluring breakfast menu, since they serve b/fast until 3 p.m., but I was on a mission. The onion rings were beyond all expectations. I don't remember every ring I've ever eaten, but I'll remember these: large, breaded (instead of crumbs), firm, well-cooked, not greasy, two-fisted rings. The salad ended up coming home and being eaten 24 hours later (circumstances beyond...) It was perfect. The greens were fresh, the cranberries and pecans were abundant. In fact, I think that there were enough pecans for a pie! The homemade raspberry vinaigrette was indeed special. I will be back as often as possible. I still need to try the French toast! Their new location on south University Ave is extremely easy to find--look for the silver "diner car" and ignore the fact that other restaurants have failed in that spot. Also ignore the picture posted here, which is their previous location. For I-15 travelers going past Provo, take the University Avenue (not Parkway) exit and a mere 5-minute detour will be well-worth your time.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, good prices, excellent local business! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We visited Cafe 300's new location in the former Winger's building, which has housed many unsuccessful restaurants. The interior hasn't been upgraded and that is frustrating, particularly since the food is better than the crusty decor. I hope they will invest in the facilities and that they will get great traffic in the awkward location. Everything is homemade and it takes a little longer, but it is worth it. Even the fries and onion rings were the best we have had in a long time and the salads are served in chilled bowls!