“Good night's stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Provo
burbank, ca
“Good night's stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The lobby was expansive and modern. The staff was very friendly. Some cold orange and
lemon-flavored water added a nice touch. Our room, though spacious and clean, could have
used a little updating. But, the beds were very comfortable. Since we were a part of a tour
group, we enjoyed a private dinner in one of the conference rooms. The following morning, we were greeted with an excellent buffet breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The very first impression of this hotel I had was the extremely pleasant girl at the check-in desk, the first person you see when you come into the front doors. Every time I ever passed by her or another one during my four-night stay, they made me feel so welcome. That is important to me, I like to feel welcome at the hotel I stay at. They were very accommodating, also. This hotel was clean and had a very pleasant smell. They have fragrance enhancers in any hall of the hotel, and it was not overpowering to me, but so pleasant. I also really appreciated the large containers of water with fruit in it, just around the check-in desk for guests. The only complaints I have are first, the bathroom was too small, you can hardly turn around in it to shut the door (and I'm not overweight), which catches the bath mat. I love to swim, and the chlorine was so strong the whole time that I could hardly keep my eyes open, they burned so much, and it irritated and dried my skin. I really don't have any other complaints, it was overall, a very good experience at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the mountains. It was very pleasant.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Good Hotel on a very ínteresting City, however one thing ocurred that never ever before had ... I requested a Room change that without questioning was granted, but what great surprise to find that on new Room shower there were: used bath soap, shampoo and conditioner - not mine obviously.

Great surprise for all including front Desk !!!

Are they cleaning rooms correctly?

Stayed July 2014
gmprovomarriott, General Manager at Provo Marriott Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for making your comments. As I've mentioned before it helps the hotel correct and improve each and every day. I'm glad you had an overall good experience. I'm sorry that you were changed to a new room that was not ready for occupancy. I've spoken to those involved and we have the situation corrected. Again, thank you for the comment and I hope if your travels bring you back to Provo that you will choose the hotel again.
Loveland, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were very much impressed by the service here. When we found that we had a room without a fridge (my wife needs to keep medicine cold), we were allowed to switch to a more expensive room without charge. We found the front desk staff to be unfailingly friendly and helpful. The same went for the bartenders, Ingrid and Michael; the latter was especially convivial and outgoing. Unfortunately, we can't say as much for the food at the bar. We got the worst chicken wings I have ever eaten (at a price of $9.50 for six!). They were dry and so tiny I can only assume they came from Cornish game hens. My wife's apple and pecan salad featured frozen apples and tasteless pecans. Ingrid took it off the bill, which helped. Our room was large and the furnishings were relatively new, but tasteless. The bed was good, and the bathroom was nice, featuring a good mirror for shaving. The room was quiet except when the very loud air conditioning unit kicked in. The service helped turn what would have been a mediocre stay into a good one.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
gmprovomarriott, General Manager at Provo Marriott Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
I'm glad to hear that the service at the hotel was "top-notch" and that the general experience at the hotel was very good. I've spoken to the kitchen concerning the food offerings and they are putting those involved through some additional training. I'm sure we will have it resolved very quickly. Thank you for your comments and I hope you visit the hotel again
Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Very impressed by the people at the Provo Marriott--helpful and friendly to a person. The bar was especially welcome for good service and appetizer. Fatal flaw is that room windows don't open so stuck with air conditioning in what otherwise would have been refreshing mountain air for sleeping. It also didn't help that teen cheerleader camp members were staying in hotel, and they were overly-exuberant at a rather late hour. Plus there was a screaming child down the hall during the daytime. Convenient to the new Utah Valley Conference Center about a block away. Parking garage is covered, which is helpful in summer or winter. It's also nicely located downtown in reach of several other good restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent visit to the hotel. I'm sorry that the noise levels and I've spoken to my evening staff to insure that we are monitoring the floors better. Also, if you visit again you can reserve the hotel's south tower executive rooms where the windows do open. I'm glad that the service was "helpful and friendly." I will pass along your comments to the team
New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Had a great experience at the Provo Mariott - I wound up having to stay in Provo unexpectedly and walked out of the airport as the Mariott courtesy shuttle was picking a couple of people up so I asked if I could jump in too, the guy driving was super helpful and told me there would be rooms for sure, very friendly, loaded my bags, chatted away on the drive. Was looked after at the reception desk by another really nice guy, again very helpful and making sure I had everything I needed etc. Room service later and the people on the phone and the girl who brought the food up were all brilliant. Very impressive. Room very clean and tidy, GREAT for working in, complimentary high-speed wireless internet and a really decent sized work desk with an actual proper rolling and swiveling desk chair not one of those waiting-room-type chairs hotels usually have you use for a desk chair. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
gmprovomarriott, General Manager at Provo Marriott Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you so much for the great comments. I'm glad to hear that the staff was exceptionally pleasant and that they took great care of you. I will be passing along your comments to the team. Thank you for choosing the hotel and hopefully if you return you will stay with us again.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I enjoy staying at the Marriott in Provo. The staff is helpful, the rooms are clean, although a bit outdated. Check in and check out always go smoothly. We would like a couple more pillows and the glasses were not washed. But that is the only complaint.
I am really looking forward to our stay there next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Provo Marriott Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!