“Hotel Staff” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 20 hotels in Provo
Rancho Murieta, California
“Hotel Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here on business for one night. Marriott Gold Elite, Hotel did not recgonize or tell me about the Lounge and other perks normally at check in. Staff wasn't the most friendly. Went to hotel bar for dinner and drink. Food was excellent, again however bar tender did not say much. In the morning, left room key in room and had to get back in. Went front desk to rekey a new key. It took them over 10 mins as they do not keep blank keys at the desk. Little night life in Provo, as expected in Provo, Ut.. Rates were excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The staff was efficient and friendly. The place was clean and neat. The food was very good. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub which were also great. The place was a little tricky to get to, but well worth the visit to stay there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
La Mirada, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have over 100 nights at Marriotts this year. I am always amazed at the great service and food I get at the Provo Marriott each time I stay. They are extremely accommodating and offer an amazing value. I have never had a bad night in this hotel. It has to be one of the best staffed Marriotts in the country.

Room Tip: You have a choice of a great view of the mountains to the east or a view of the lake and mountains a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
gmprovomarriott, General Manager at Provo Marriott Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your views of the hotel. Occasionally we don’t meet all guests’ expectations but it is nice to see that you have had some great experiences and stays at the hotel. I appreciate your business greatly. If I can be of any assistance next time you are in town please stop by and introduce yourself. I will also be sharing your comments to the team.
La Jolla, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My teenage son and I were on a road trip and needed a place to stay overnight. I am a Marriott Gold member so thought I would take advantage of the perks and pay a little more to stay at the Marriott.

I was able to get a room with two beds and they found my Marriott number in the system and confirmed I would be able to access the Club Lounge as a Gold member - saves on the cost of breakfast. Parking is free in the attached structure. Room was fine, but the bathroom is a bit smaller than other Marriott hotels - cramped facilities, but nice the hand basin is outside the bathroom, with a long hallway to the hand basin and bathroom so a bit of wasted space.

My son and I go up to use the Club to find out it is closed from noon on Friday for the weekend. Since we arrived on a Friday night for one night - disappointed that they did not tell me at check-in when I asked at time of booking the room. Lesson learned.

So we order room service. Pizza and a soda for my son, and soup, hummus and OJ for me. Well they delivered two sodas one regular and on diet...and I ordered the clam chowder and they delivered chicken noodle soup. The food did arrive on time and was warm.

Shower pressure was okay.

Windows do not open - I prefer fresh air to air conditioning, but the air conditioning worked fine.

Overall stay was fine, but more expensive that I would have paid elsewhere - as I mentioned the Club Lounge was the attraction for me. We will be staying elsewhere on the way back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I'm sorry that your overall experience was not to your expectations. The staff works hard to give all guests the best service but on occasion we don't meet everyone's expectations. I am appreciative that you communicated your comments as I share both the congratulatory comments as well as comments that indicate improvement needs. Hopefully next time you are in town you will give the hotel another opportunity.
Best
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Clean, needs fresh coat of paint, friendly courteous staff, great location.close to restaurants, not much shopping around there. There were no ink cartridges available over the weekend, I was unable to print anything there
The Starbucks is great it's in the lobby

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

There is a parking garage but parking is free for guests. The lobby is large and attractive and check-in was quick and efficient. The room we received was on a high floor with a nice view of the mountains. The bed was comfortable and the room had a nice lounge chair and plenty of space to move around. The TV was a nice, large flat screen. There is no microwave or refrigerator which is the norm for full service hotels. The bathroom had recently been remodeled and the tub replaced with a shower. It was very nicely done with 1/2 inch glass doors and nice tile. The shower head was a large rain shower type. The room was nice and quiet and I had no complaints (the door to my room did close loudly but I didn't hear any other doors).
We had access to the concierge lounge. I found the offerings on the low end of what I normally find. Only stayed one night and the “hot” appetizer was brie cheese with maple syrup and cranberries - not too good. They had the rest of the expected items - fruit, cheese and crackers. Breakfast was a tad disappointing as there was no hot oatmeal which I always find at Marriotts. There was also no breakfast meat available. I think a better job could be done with the lounge offerings and that was my only complaint about the hotel. The rates are great and I will stay again.

Room Tip: Try and get a high floor - these are concierge level but nice and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kalispell, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Outstanding front desk staff! Sufficient covered parking. Rooms are comfortable and quiet. Very convenient to BYU campus. Close to several of the best restaurants Provo has to offer (about 6 blocks to the Bombay House - Indian Cuisine...so good it deserves 6-stars). My only (minor) gripe is that they have these nice large screen TV's and they have locked down the Menu / Setup system so that I cannot plug my laptop into an HDMI port to browse, watch movies or edit my photos on the large screen.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
gmprovomarriott, General Manager at Provo Marriott Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review. The team works hard and I appreciate your comments recognizing their service levels. I also agree with your assessment of the Bombay House. My wife and I go there frequently as it is one of our favorite restaurants. Sorry about the television situation. We have upgraded the televisions which came with these restrictions. I will pass along your comments to our systems team.
Best
John Garfield

Been to Provo Marriott Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!