“Lemmons Galore!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Price, Utah
“Lemmons Galore!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The setting is wonderful with the lemons all over, the food was very good and fair priced large salad lesss than $10, Even though they call this heathly fare, why do they have bacon in butternut squash raviloi??? Not much of a selection for vegetarians althought they will work with you.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“La Jolla Groves in Salt Lake City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

For some reason this new restaurant is not listed yet. But, I visited the one in Salt Lake City in the City Creek Mall. We were walking to another restaurant when La Jolla caught my eye. We hadn't seen it before, in fact it had only opened 5 weeks earlier.

The food and service was excellent. All 3 of us started with the excellent mushroom soup. For some reason it's hard to find mushroom soup these days and this one was wonderful! I then had the beef medallions with vegetables. They were cooked to perfection and served with a fabulous sauce. My companions had the chicken crepes and a cheesy-asparagus dish which they also thoroughly enjoyed. The crepes were originally cold, but the waiter immediately brought a new hot plate of them and gave my companion a free dessert for the inconvenience. Very classy.

And yes, the desserts we tried, chocolate mousse and a lemon cake were also wonderful. La Jolla Groves in the Gateway Mall is now my favorite SLC restaurant!

(They also have a take-out menu.)

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springville, Utah
“We Are Regulars for a Reason”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was a fantastic restaurant who's food was healthier, organic, natural and for all that was a fantastic price with most dishes between $10 and $15

Ambiance: A
This place was amazing. It is decorated like a lemon grove inside of a beautiful vineyard hacienda. Found in the middle of the newly renovated Riverwoods central area, it is a beautiful addition.

Service: A
Despite being incredibly busy the staff was attentive and got us a table quickly. Our waiter was well versed on the entire menu and very helpful and friendly. The food was well-prepared and very timely in its delivery.

Food: A
This restaurant focuses on using foods grown organically in Utah. Typically when I see something like that on a menu I expect a handful of earthy salads and a couple chicken dishes that are passé. Fortunately I found this place to have a much wider and more delicious menu of options.

Amuse bouche: Ok, so I only used that term because I heard it somewhere but what is the generic term for the bread or chips or other items restaurants bring to the table while you are ordering... in any case La Jolla Groves brings a basket of freshly baked breads that you can also order from their bakery which is attached. The roll I loved was one that I believe was a spinach asiago roll. It was warm, fresh and flavorful.

Appetizer: We had the bruccetta which what fresh and flavorful. The crostini had a good crunch and flavor, which is a must for me, and the grape tomato bruccetta topping with freshly grated romano cheese gave it a fresh, sweet yet savory taste.

My entrée: I had the tenderloin which is a dish I am always cautious with. Lucky for me someone at the table next to me had it delivered as I was debating it and it looked amazing. It was a very tender and juicy steak marinated to make it slightly sweet which, when paired with the mango chutney, was delicious. It was cooked perfectly (I ordered it medium rare) with a well seared outside with little corners of savory crust you expect from a good tenderloin. It came with potatoes and a couple asparagus spears which, for some, may seem like a small serving. If you are a big eater get a soup with this.

My wife's entrées: My wife had the Mushroom Soup and the Philadelphia Steak Sandwich (came to about $14 together and was not too much or too little food). The soup was very rich and savory. It is now my favorite mushroom soup around. Her sandwich was on a freshly baked herb-flavored roll and had a tomato mayo which both set it apart from other Philly Steak sandwiches. It was very flavorful and the roll and mayo complimented the steak and provolone very well. The sandwich also included a side salad which was good but nothing to write home to mom about.

Desert: We had the Chocolate Mousse Cake which is a small chocolate bundt cake that is very fluffy and light with the center filled with a molten rich chocolatey sauce and then garnished with a piece of milk chocolate that is slowly melting into the molten center. All served over a vanilla sauce to compliment the rich chocolate. Perfect size for about 1-2 people but is VERY rich so if you are not a rich desert person you will definitely want to share.

Overall: A
This was one of the best dining experiences in Utah for me. The ambiance was light and fun, the service prompt friendly and helpful, the food well prepared, presented and delicious and all for a price that was pleasantly surprising. Obviously I spent more as you can see from my order but if you are an appetizer and entrée person or an entrée and desert person you will easily get out around $20 a person.

This is a place I will be visiting again VERY soon!

Visited October 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Like eating in a lemon grove in Orlando”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Business travel takes me to Provo about three times each month and I have really enjoyed discovering some great new restaurants. Oh come on now, keep an open mind. I can see you shaking your heads and thinking that it's all Luby's or Chuck E Cheese. Well - some of it is but there's plenty of great food in Provo.

I found La Jolla Groves when I took shelter in the lobby with some colleagues during a really frightening thunder and lightning storm. It was so enchanting that we decided to forego Five Guys burgers and enjoy a dinner in the groves. You will literally dine under an arbor filled with lemon trees and the ambiance is very pleasant especially when it poured outside for nearly an hour.

La Jolla Groves specializes in dishes done in a flavorful but light way and I really enjoyed the food. I had wonderful pasta done perfectly (and I am more than a little picky about al dente pasta) with a lemony cream sauce filled with fresh vegetables that were steamed to perfection. They were crispy and flavorful and I didn't miss the heavy cream sauces I usually enjoy....much!

Let me tell you about the bread. It's amazing - fresh, fragrant and crusty dipped in oil and vinegar or all on its own. I had a lemon tart for dessert that was obviously baked from scratch and was puckeringly good.

The service was attentive and our guy was knowledgeable and able to accomodate the strange requests of my Irish and Australian dining companions. Although he did draw the line at veggiemite...

The only drawback here is one that happens frequently in Provo - the lack of a substantial wine list. However that's minor enough given the lovely location and great food I enjoyed here.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santaquin, Utah
“awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

loved the ambience and the food was amazing....loved this place, coming back again soon. Hope you will give it a try too....

Visited August 2012