“Such a great find...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Provo B&B and Inns
Provo
“Such a great find...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Most people write reviews after they enjoyed a place or just after hating something about a place. I am currently staying at the Manor and felt like it was worth sharing a couple things. This place has all the comforts of being home and at the same time feels like you are at some sort of an out of town vacation in Europe or some other foreign adventure.

At the last minute the house we were going to move into...suddenly was not available, and moving from out of town we needed a place to call home for a couple weeks while we figured out where we want to live.
I looked around at several locations, called a few and we were fortunate to find Aspenwood.
Sarah was amazing...she was able to squeeze us into the penthouse for a reasonable price and it basically has everything you need to feel like it's your own, including internet, cable, a fridge, and space to move around. Its not as big as a house will be for us, but we are stoked that we were able to find this cozy place! It's worth checking out if you are passing through or need a place to call home for a couple weeks!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at the Aspenwood Manor to finish up courses from school for my graduation. The unit I stayed in was very charming, had EVERYTHING I needed, and was very comfortable. I know of no place in Provo that you can stay and have all the 'perks' of home, and even feel like your on a bit of a vacation while working! It is very secure, in a nice quiet area. Sarah, who contacts you from the first email makes sure that things are great from the start, and I contacted her a couple of times just to see if I could make my stay longer. Unfortunately they were booked, but she gets back to you asap. I would highly recommend staying here and forgetting the hotels! This is way better and the price is much better also! You will not regret staying here! I was able to accomplish a great deal, and when I wanted to rest I was able to do so. You will love your stay here! Thank you Aspenwood Manor!

Christa, VA

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I sincerely appreciate all your care to make our stay so pleasant.

I love having my own "home" when I come to visit in Utah. I love having my own kitchen, access to washer and dryer, beautiful decor and comfortable furniture. Thank you, Aspenwood Manor, for making this a reality.

• Stayed September 2012
Lake Oswego, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We have been going to Utah and Provo for years for vacations and now for students at BYU. With graduation weekend approaching we called 6 months in advance to book at our regular hotel, and #1 rated on Trip Advisor (Marriott Springfield) for Provo. We found that they DOUBLED their rates for graduation weekend. I felt gauged and decided to look elsewhere. And where did I look? On Trip Advisor of course! That is how we found this surprise in Provo.

The Aspenwood Manor is a charming 100 year old home in downtown Provo. It features several suites. The front yard is not much to look at, but the house itself is very charming. We stayed in the "Tuscan Moon" suite. It was a nice refuge from the commotion of a large hotel during a busy weekend in Provo.

I called Aspenwood and the manager was VERY helpful. The website is accurate. Check-in is incredibly easy and features a key less entry. (Note: Ask what room number you are in, as they are marked by numbers not by their suite names). The suite was a very nice size.

Kitchen: Beautiful with newer appliances, granite counters and new cabinets. Fully stocked kitchen. What a delightful surprise to find a complimentary treat basket waiting!

Living Room: Is charming with leaded glass windows, but I will say they need to update the furniture and provide extended cable. The furniture does not match the rest of the suite. (It's not horrible, just dated and not that comfortable).

Bathroom: Completely renovated and immaculate. Very pretty.

Bedroom: Has a huge king size bed, with pretty bedding (and COMFY). The closet is small, but it is a 100 year old house, so there are some compromises that you should expect. Very nice flat screen on the wall in bedroom with extended cable.

Convenient "at the door" parking. Wonderful.

There isn't a full size ironing board, but a small half size. Just a small inconvenience that hopefully will be changed.

No maid service. I found this just provided extra privacy for us, so I actually surprisingly enjoyed that!

I'm pretty picky about hotels, as I feel it is an important part of any stay. In a nutshell, after years of staying at a hotel, I will return to Aspenwood Manor (and hope that there is a suite available!). It's quiet, charming and unique. While it needs a few "tweeks" in the living room, I can hardly complain with the unbelievably low price and overall experience.

Thank-you Aspenwood Manor!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

The units are great (we have stayed in almost all of them), rates are excellent, convenient location, and way better than a small hotel room for our family. Aspenwood is always our first choice when we visit Provo. Mike, AZ.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

My family and I stayed in the Penthouse and it just felt cozy and warm. The floor plan was unique and memorable, unlike any other boring stereotypical hotel rooms, which tend to be square and blocky. The room look very new and fresh, as if they just upgrade everything like the tile floor, kitchen cabinets, bedroom, etc. They had a DVD player so we stayed and watched movie and had a grand time. Our only regret is that we did not stay there long enough. The location is just perfect, in the heart of Provo Downtown.

I would LOVE to go back and try the other room. I think I'll try the Tuscan Moon next time, although I'm tempted to stay in the Penthouse again.

The check-in was different, where you're provided your own code to open the door. That works out nicely if arrive late. There isn't any front desk service so I guess that won't work for some travelers, although there is a contact number to use at any time.

Thank you!!!

Room Tip: I noticed that the rooms fiil up fast so best to book ahead of time.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Laie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed in the Bachelor Pad, since there was only two of us; which was the more economical choice. It was clean and updated as far as furnishings, appliances, flooring, and paint, but it could use some renovating as far as structural. . . window frames, walls, exposed pipes. . . just had an "old" feel to it.
Laundry room was right next to us, which was very convenient. Also loved the keyless entry. And parking was good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
AspenwoodM, General Manager at Aspenwood Manor, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Thank you for your review. To readers, please note this review and the review before it "Not what I thought" are from the same couple for the same stay.

Because this is a historic mansion house, we could not make significant changes to the "exposed" piping. It is the radiant system that heats the suite. Because of this, we decorated the unit to have a compatible theme (copper counter top, stained concrete tile floor, and modern decor). One of the other top reviews "Does it get any better?" is for the same suite.

Been to Aspenwood Manor? Share your experiences!