“Beautiful, comfortable, excellent location--Great value!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Aspenwood Manor to your Saves list
Aspenwood Manor
293 W 100 S, Provo, UT 84604   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Provo B&B and Inns
“Beautiful, comfortable, excellent location--Great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I sincerely appreciate all your care to make our stay so pleasant.

I love having my own "home" when I come to visit in Utah. I love having my own kitchen, access to washer and dryer, beautiful decor and comfortable furniture. Thank you, Aspenwood Manor, for making this a reality.

• Stayed September 2012

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lake Oswego, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We have been going to Utah and Provo for years for vacations and now for students at BYU. With graduation weekend approaching we called 6 months in advance to book at our regular hotel, and #1 rated on Trip Advisor (Marriott Springfield) for Provo. We found that they DOUBLED their rates for graduation weekend. I felt gauged and decided to look elsewhere. And where did I look? On Trip Advisor of course! That is how we found this surprise in Provo.

The Aspenwood Manor is a charming 100 year old home in downtown Provo. It features several suites. The front yard is not much to look at, but the house itself is very charming. We stayed in the "Tuscan Moon" suite. It was a nice refuge from the commotion of a large hotel during a busy weekend in Provo.

I called Aspenwood and the manager was VERY helpful. The website is accurate. Check-in is incredibly easy and features a key less entry. (Note: Ask what room number you are in, as they are marked by numbers not by their suite names). The suite was a very nice size.

Kitchen: Beautiful with newer appliances, granite counters and new cabinets. Fully stocked kitchen. What a delightful surprise to find a complimentary treat basket waiting!

Living Room: Is charming with leaded glass windows, but I will say they need to update the furniture and provide extended cable. The furniture does not match the rest of the suite. (It's not horrible, just dated and not that comfortable).

Bathroom: Completely renovated and immaculate. Very pretty.

Bedroom: Has a huge king size bed, with pretty bedding (and COMFY). The closet is small, but it is a 100 year old house, so there are some compromises that you should expect. Very nice flat screen on the wall in bedroom with extended cable.

Convenient "at the door" parking. Wonderful.

There isn't a full size ironing board, but a small half size. Just a small inconvenience that hopefully will be changed.

No maid service. I found this just provided extra privacy for us, so I actually surprisingly enjoyed that!

I'm pretty picky about hotels, as I feel it is an important part of any stay. In a nutshell, after years of staying at a hotel, I will return to Aspenwood Manor (and hope that there is a suite available!). It's quiet, charming and unique. While it needs a few "tweeks" in the living room, I can hardly complain with the unbelievably low price and overall experience.

Thank-you Aspenwood Manor!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

The units are great (we have stayed in almost all of them), rates are excellent, convenient location, and way better than a small hotel room for our family. Aspenwood is always our first choice when we visit Provo. Mike, AZ.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

My family and I stayed in the Penthouse and it just felt cozy and warm. The floor plan was unique and memorable, unlike any other boring stereotypical hotel rooms, which tend to be square and blocky. The room look very new and fresh, as if they just upgrade everything like the tile floor, kitchen cabinets, bedroom, etc. They had a DVD player so we stayed and watched movie and had a grand time. Our only regret is that we did not stay there long enough. The location is just perfect, in the heart of Provo Downtown.

I would LOVE to go back and try the other room. I think I'll try the Tuscan Moon next time, although I'm tempted to stay in the Penthouse again.

The check-in was different, where you're provided your own code to open the door. That works out nicely if arrive late. There isn't any front desk service so I guess that won't work for some travelers, although there is a contact number to use at any time.

Thank you!!!

Room Tip: I noticed that the rooms fiil up fast so best to book ahead of time.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Laie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed in the Bachelor Pad, since there was only two of us; which was the more economical choice. It was clean and updated as far as furnishings, appliances, flooring, and paint, but it could use some renovating as far as structural. . . window frames, walls, exposed pipes. . . just had an "old" feel to it.
Laundry room was right next to us, which was very convenient. Also loved the keyless entry. And parking was good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
AspenwoodM, General Manager at Aspenwood Manor, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Thank you for your review. To readers, please note this review and the review before it "Not what I thought" are from the same couple for the same stay.

Because this is a historic mansion house, we could not make significant changes to the "exposed" piping. It is the radiant system that heats the suite. Because of this, we decorated the unit to have a compatible theme (copper counter top, stained concrete tile floor, and modern decor). One of the other top reviews "Does it get any better?" is for the same suite.
laie
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Don't stay in the bach. pad. The ceiling were low and the exposed pipes, I bumped my head at one time. The bathroom was small and cave like. The bathroom had little ventilation that caused a disturbing odor. The air conditioner was loud and kept us up at night.. There were cracks on the wall by the sink. I did not enjoy our stay I would not go there again. Honolulu Hawaii

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear Sir,

We are sorry you did not find the accommodations to your liking. I would like to make a few points in regard to your stay:

-This facility is a 100 year old mansion house converted to individual suites. Your unit was completely renovated (new plumbing, electrical, flooring, kitchen, bathroom, etc) in 2009. While the building is old, everything has been updated and renovated. We take great care in keeping our units clean and well maintained. The ceilings are low in the basement (economy) suite, but your wife was advised of this when she booked.

-No one from your party ever mentioned during your 2 week stay that anything was amiss or could be better. You did not complete a survey in the room when you left. We would have been happy to repair the AC unit had we known it was malfunctioning.

-When your wife made the reservation, I tried to make it completely clear that she was booking our economy suite. She expressly stated she wanted the cheapest suite available. Every other guest that has left feedback on that suite has felt that $47/night for a suite with a fully equipped kitchen is an excellent value.

We sincerely wish you had come directly to us with your concerns about the value of your stay.
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

When I first saw the photos of Aspenwood Manor, I was excited to see what exactly was inside.
When my husband and I walked into our bachelor pad, we were very excited to see that it was cozy and modern, and was exactly what we wanted since he was on his midtour leave and wanted to just get away from it all.
The keyless entry was convenient for us, since we had checked in pretty late. Our bed was comfortable, plenty of feather pillows. We also turned the little sofa in the living room (which is a hide a bed) into a bed for most days when we wanted to just cuddle and watch movies on the included flatscreen TV or movies. We also enjoyed playing video and computer games with the ALSO included free wireless internet!

Activities were plentiful. We went fishing almost every day. There is a mall not too far from Aspenwood, and also a park where we went to see belly dancers and markets!

Thank you so much Aspenwood for making a Soldier and his wife the happiest we'd been since he'd left the United States for Iraq. This was much needed, and you have given us that and much much more.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Aspenwood Manor? Share your experiences!