“If u don't die or get robbed I'm surprised. nasty nasty place. Drug addicts asking for change! Worst experience ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Executive Inn & Suites

Executive Inn & Suites
250 S University Ave., Provo, UT 84601 (Formerly Safari Motel)   |
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Provo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We booked a last minute room cause others were full, and we didn't even stay there. I'm not worried about my family or I getting hurt cause I have a concealed weapons permit. But the people all around obviously were drug addicts, and the room was so disgusting! They wouldn't refund or hard earned money!! We never took a bag in there, just a walk through. AVOID AT ALL COSTS! SLEEP IN CAR IF YOU HAVE TO.

• Stayed July 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Idaho Falls, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I thought we paid for a hotel room…not a nasty haunted house. There were holes in the wall, tiles coming off the bathroom floor, and electrical wires were showing above the bathroom sink. The floor vibrated and the smell was horrible. The microwave was stuck shut.

I reserved 2 nights at this dump through Booking.com. At check-in, before we saw the room, I asked about canceling the second night so we could go home earlier then we planned. The front desk man told me I had to cancel through Booking.com because Booking.com had already charged HIM for the room and there was nothing he could do for us. So I called Booking.com from the nasty room and after a long wait and the website customer service calling the front desk, I find out he wasn’t telling the truth and was just refusing to cancel our second night. So I went down to the desk with the customer service agent on my cell phone and busted him in his lie.

That being said, THEY WILL NOT LET YOU CANCEL AT ALL! They charged our card LONG before we even checked in and they keep the credit card information in a binder! My card number was right there on the paper he kept showing me among TONS of other reservation information for other people. Their front office is not secure! They are crooked thieves. We left and I canceled my card. After talking to a police officer at the gas station up the road we found out the place is shady and they get called there all the time. He gave us directions to a clean hotel and they were very helpful after we shared our experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Pune
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 4 days. The rooms were cleaned everyday except the last day. The carpet which is dark green in color is heavily stained. The hot water situation was pathetic. We hardly got hot water for 15 minutes before it started becoming cold. The beds were comfortable though.

The bathroom door is damaged and does not close. The towels were heavily stained. The walls are thin and if the neighbor uses the bathroom, the sounds were loud and could be clearly heard in our room.

Overall, the place is just not value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This Dump is a BIOHAZARD!!! The most disgusting Dump I have ever seen! We never put 2 feet in the door of our room. They steal your money! They keep your credit card number, in full, on a sheet of paper in some binder!! I cancelled my car immediately for fear of them passing it on to a family member for further criminal use! This is not a hotel, it is a DUMP!!! The lady at the front refused to give her name or any information after I demanded a refund! There aren't enough disgusting words in the English dictionary to describe this place!!!!!!
Please do not allow an animal of yours to stay here, much less you or a family member!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Came to Provo for business and had to spend the night. We used priceline and found this place for $50 a night and booked 2 rooms. The rooms looked like some CRACK ADDICT cleaned it. Carpets are filthy, the sink had no water pressure, beds and linen must be at least 10 tears old. The pillow covers had head oil and hair on them. Called the front desk, "So sorry please bring down the covers" they wouldn't even bring them up and they have no wake up service. If you plan on staying in Provo stay away from this place.

• Stayed October 2012
Rialto, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were passing through on our way to Wyoming and stopped in Provo. We had another motel in mind but they had no vacanies.That motel recommended Executive Inn. They must have the same owner because I don't see how anyone could recommend this motel. It was so dark and dingy. The bathroom was so bad, moldy and stained that I didn't even want to take a shower. We had a kitchenette but I don't believe anyone would ever want to use the fridge, sink or microwave. I wouldn't want to cook here. I almost didn't want to sleep on the bed thinking there'd be bugs jumping on me at night. This is absolutely the worst motel I ever stayed in. When we checked out in the morning the clerk came out in his pajamas! Do not stay here.

Room Tip: I don't believe there are any good rooms!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Barcelona, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

As most, this was a very random stop as we were passing through late. Save yourself an awful experience and drive another 15 minutes - or sleep in your car. Either will be infinitely better than this 'hotel' - though I hate to use the word hotel on such a dump.

Dirty, dark, moldy, stained, noisy. They won't refund your money. We even brought up our own sheets, though hardly slept thinking about how disgusting the mattress must be.

All the reviews are true, so just drive right past.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple