“Better than expected” 3 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Provo
Super 8 Provo Orem Lehi Area
Save Saved
You added Super 8 Provo Orem Lehi Area to your Saves list
1288 S University Ave., Provo, UT 84601   |
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Provo
North Richland Hills, Texas, United States
“Better than expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

When I look for budget lodging in an area I don't know, I rely on Super 8. I've almost always found their properties to be clean and comfortable. In the case of this motel, I found the location and was pleased with the price so I booked it. Then I read the reviews and figured I had made a serious mistake. However, the accommodations were okay. In fact, they were better than okay. The room smelled of fresh paint. The carpet looked new. The linens were fresh and the bed firm. The maid service is kind of lax...the ring in the toilet did not disappear in the three days I was there. The room was large. Breakfast was fine. Location is superb. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Brookside, Ut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

NO INTEGRITY ON THE PART OF SUPER 8 or ORBITZ.

I booked a room at this hotel through ORBITZ in February in order to attend a 2-day conference in Provo on April 30th. Now, less than 5 days before the conference I have been notified that my room reservation would have to be cancelled due to "FLOODING." Being that all area hotels are booked, and my conference fees are "non-refundable", I called the hotel directly to see if I could please be booked into another room, and they informed me that they have actually NOT "flooded", but had to cancel my reservation because they have been under construction since January and the construction is running behind schedule. (And the didn't know this sooner?)

I told the desk clerk at SUPER 8 that I have no other options in the area -- that the hotels ORBITZ recommended as alternates - which still have rooms - are another 10 miles north in Draper and are at least $30. more per night, and asked if as a courtesy, she could please assist me in finding another hotel in the area for the same cost. She said, "call Motel 6". (they have no rooms and have horrible ratings) This last minute cancellation due has jeopardized my trip and if I am able to find another hotel, will cost me significantly more.

I feel that SUPER 8 could have, and should have notified me sooner and also assisted me in finding another hotel at the same rate as this is clearly an error on their part right. They have passed the blame onto Orbitz, and Orbitz blames Super 8, although they are really "one in the same".

I am not interested in ever doing business ANY hotels in the Wyndham chain on future trips due to to their "last minute cancellation" and complete disregard for customers who booked and paid months in advance.

In summary: I have been on the phone with ORBITZ for over 2 1/2 hours. I have been transferred numerous times and the latest is, "they will have a "specialist" call me back within 48 hours", which is after I'm scheduled to leave for my trip. I have been on the phone 34 minutes with Super 8 Customer Service (Janelle) and she was very clear that she would do nothing to assist me because this is Orbitz fault. A whole lot of finger pointing, and no one willing to assist me at either location.

This is a nightmare! DO NOT USE ORBITZ or SUPER 8.

FYI: When you go to www.super8.com and dial the number on it, you get ORBITZ. Very deceptive.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Medford, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We drove overnight to utah and went to see if we could check in early so we could get some sleep. I felt like we had inconvenienced the guy at the front desk. He was rude and didn't listen to a word I said. He charged me the early check in fee, which is fine, and told me my card was declined. I gave him another card and checked my bank account only to find my card was not declined and the transaction had already gone through. I showed it to him and told him to delete the second card. He said he did and would call me if there were any issues with the first card not going through. Upon check out I found out he had actually run both cards and charged me double for early check in. Thankfully the young man working the front desk when we left was much more helpful and told me how to fix the issue easily and even apologized for the first man's attitude. The rooms and breakfast were worth what you paid for. Our room was cleaned once in the 3 days we were there, there was mold on the ceiling of the bathroom, and stains on all our towels and the tub. Other than the man our first morning there (who was rude everytime we saw him) the staff seemed pleasant. Overall, I would not recommend this hotel and will not be staying there again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
COCHRANE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We got an upgraded room with a king, nice design and very clean. We asked for the top floor and had a very quiet sleep. Wifi is good. Excellent service. Restaurants and shopping mall are nearby. Breakfast was free and good, but not room enough for all guests (but they are renovating).

Room Tip: Choose upgraded room on top floor, is more quiet. Weekdays are a lot cheaper than weekends.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The rating is based more for "getting what you paid for"! The hotel is old and you can tell when you go in. It was a place to stay for 1 night with a friend while driving back from Vegas. Got there late at night and left early in the morning. Got a free breakfast.... waffles, cereal, friut and coffee. If I were to stay in Provo for a week with my wife and kids, I would have choosen a nicer hotel. As I said previously the hotel is older but it is clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Cedar City, Utah, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We arrived to check in around 10-11 pm and there wasn't anyone around. We waited for 5 minutes and left! Then when we drove away someone hollered at us from the lobby that they were there! We wouldn't have been able to use the pool, the pool and spa closed early and we wanted to use it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Moreno Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this motel three separate times in the last six/seven months. We were so impressed with the services that were provided us. The first time we stayed there, we had a room upstairs. When we found my husband was having problems negotiating the stairs, the manager immediately found a room downstairs for us. The other times we have been there, he has made sure we have a room downstairs. My husband has always booked our reservations with an on-line company. The day before we were scheduled to arrive at the motel, we discovered the on-line service had scheduled us for not one, but five rooms. I spent at least 30 minutes on the phone with them trying to rectify the situation. The company assured me that everything was corrected. When we arrived at the motel, we found that there were five rooms reserved for us. I called the on-line company again. The representative of the company refused to correct it and said they had would only talk to the manager of the motel. Sam, the manager, took the time to talk to this representative and get everything corrected. My husband and I greatly appreciated this help. Aside from this, we have always had a clean room and the breakfast offered there has been exceptional.

Room Tip: If you have any special needs, communicate these with Sam.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Provo Orem Lehi Area? Share your experiences!