“very pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Provo
Super 8 Provo Orem Lehi Area
Save Saved
You added Super 8 Provo Orem Lehi Area to your Saves list
1288 S University Ave., Provo, UT 84601   |
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Provo
COCHRANE
“very pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We got an upgraded room with a king, nice design and very clean. We asked for the top floor and had a very quiet sleep. Wifi is good. Excellent service. Restaurants and shopping mall are nearby. Breakfast was free and good, but not room enough for all guests (but they are renovating).

Room Tip: Choose upgraded room on top floor, is more quiet. Weekdays are a lot cheaper than weekends.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The rating is based more for "getting what you paid for"! The hotel is old and you can tell when you go in. It was a place to stay for 1 night with a friend while driving back from Vegas. Got there late at night and left early in the morning. Got a free breakfast.... waffles, cereal, friut and coffee. If I were to stay in Provo for a week with my wife and kids, I would have choosen a nicer hotel. As I said previously the hotel is older but it is clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Cedar City, Utah, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We arrived to check in around 10-11 pm and there wasn't anyone around. We waited for 5 minutes and left! Then when we drove away someone hollered at us from the lobby that they were there! We wouldn't have been able to use the pool, the pool and spa closed early and we wanted to use it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Moreno Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this motel three separate times in the last six/seven months. We were so impressed with the services that were provided us. The first time we stayed there, we had a room upstairs. When we found my husband was having problems negotiating the stairs, the manager immediately found a room downstairs for us. The other times we have been there, he has made sure we have a room downstairs. My husband has always booked our reservations with an on-line company. The day before we were scheduled to arrive at the motel, we discovered the on-line service had scheduled us for not one, but five rooms. I spent at least 30 minutes on the phone with them trying to rectify the situation. The company assured me that everything was corrected. When we arrived at the motel, we found that there were five rooms reserved for us. I called the on-line company again. The representative of the company refused to correct it and said they had would only talk to the manager of the motel. Sam, the manager, took the time to talk to this representative and get everything corrected. My husband and I greatly appreciated this help. Aside from this, we have always had a clean room and the breakfast offered there has been exceptional.

Room Tip: If you have any special needs, communicate these with Sam.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Moreno Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is my third time this year that we have stayed at this motel. We have always been greeted at the front desk with a smile and after the first time with them remembering who we are and my special needs. I cannot climb stairs very well and they make sure that I am on the main floor. This is greatly appreciated. I have been scheduling my wife and I online and this time the scheduling company continually messed it up to the extent that when I got here I had 5 [yes, five] rooms scheduled for us. Sam, the manager, spent almost a half of an hour "discussing" the problem before the outsourcing people finally understood what they needed to do to fix the problem. His doing this saved me about $1200.00 showing up on my credit card.

Sam and his wife have always been extremely helpful to us when we are here and the staff has been very friendly and also extremely helpful. When we have a concern, it is taken care of right away [Thanks all].

The morning buffet is much better than most other motels that we have stayed. This is also appreciated.

My wife and recommend this place wholeheartedly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Exceeded expectations - pleasant, very helpful staff.
Appeared quite committed too service and cleanliness.
Rooms clean, comfortable.
Location is fairly close to where we needed to meet.
The complimentary breakfast actually had healthy choices , was well presented and maintained.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Wife and I stayed here on return from a convention, too road-weary to get all the way home. This came up on the smart-phone as the best deal in the area monetarily, though we had little expectation for the facilities. Basically we just needed a clean place to shower and sleep.

What a surprise we found! This was far superior to my last recollection staying at a Super 8, which was many years ago. This is an older facility, but you can plainly see they are upgrading and taking care of the place. The night clerk was just fantastic-very friendly gal, who checked our room to be sure it had been cleaned and supplied, and reminded us about potential discounts--we used AAA and may have actually forgotten to do so as tired as we were,had she not reminded us.

Our room had a small refrigerator/freezer, microwave, coffee maker/etc and everything worked great--the freezer actually froze some things quite solidly for us.

The bathroom was a full tub/shower and toilet, with reasonable water pressure and we never ran out of hot water. There was a separate sink/counter outside the bathroom, which we find far more convenient to use as a couple.

There was a new flat screen TV and remote in the room as well. Furniture was older and a little worn, but very comfortable. Wifi was available and free. Thermostat worked fine and the fan for the room heater was just loud enough to provide white noise and drown any outside road noise.

Breakfast was provided--typical fare, and generally not terribly health-conscious, but a good variety available. Fresh fruit was truly fresh, coffee was good and yogurt was available.

Checkout was a breeze and the morning clerk just as friendly as the night clerk. Wouldn't hesitate to use this place again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Provo Orem Lehi Area? Share your experiences!