“Paid lots but nice ” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Provo
“Paid lots but nice ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Paid more than what we should have.
I appreciated that they have free wifi. Also the beds were nice and room was clean. $79 seemed high for a night to sleep in a bed. I might go back but if there is something cheaper I would grab that instead.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Shingle Springs, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The manager quoted 59$ on the phone then actually charged me more. She was rude and snotty. We stayed because it was late. Do not trust the word of her. Room stank of febreeze and it would not air out.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

After a 5,000 mile road trip and countless hotels stayed at in my life, this hotel experience was the worst I've had in my life. My main, overriding issue was that there were bed bugs in my bed. I saw a red (meaning it'd gotten a meal) one wandering right in front of my eyes. Of course, this sight highened my level of interest in my surroundings, and I noticed that there also appeared to be a beetle infestation, and I saw 4 of them that night. As others have noted, the lady who works the front desk obviously makes no attempt to pretend that she likes her job, but honestly this issue is only worth mentioning in the overall context of how bad the place is. Also, the continental breakfast is the worst I've ever seen. At least Motel 6 doesn't advertise a breakfast, so you have no expectations of one. As far as the food goes, I'll just say this: The "orange juice" was Sunny D. You can fill in the rest of the story, I'm sure. Heard quite a bit of crashing coming from the floor above me, which led me to believe the insulation isn't great between floors. This is one hotel I would definitely avoid. There is a Days Inn with rooms that cost the same in town. Next time I'm in Provo, I will give that one a shot.

Room Tip: Try the upper floor. Sound insulation between floors is terrible. Also, check the mattress careful...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Waterflow, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I paid more than I wanted to for a hotel with no breakfast. I was just passing through with my kids and was sleepy. Had to stop somewhere... The room (212) was pretty nice, but I quickly discovered that cleaning is not their strong point. There was someone's used tissue under the edge of the bed. Gross! My son found an earring under the table. One of the bed frames was sticking out and covered by the bed skirt... I hit my shin on it 2 or 3 times while getting the kids to bed. I wore my shoes the whole time I was there because the floor just looked grimy in places.

I'm not saying it was a terrible stay... but for the money I paid I could have gone elsewhere and had a good breakfast and a clean room, and I could have avoided the surly lady at the front desk.

All in all, I am not pleased. If I wanted a cheap stay, bad service, dirty room and measly breakfast I could have done it cheaper without driving very far.

Room Tip: Rooms were quiet. I appreciated that.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I was going from Boise to Provo to watch a football game & got a very late start. Not a huge problem, but I had booked a room at the Econo Lodge in Provo that night & I would be getting in very, very late that night or very, very early the next morning.

I called the front desk enroute and the young man who answered the phone was very nice. I explained that I could still make the reservation if he was unable to cancel it but that with the late start, I'd prefer to cancel it and stay somewhere where I could get to sleep at a decent hour.

He agreed. He did offer a cancellation number, but I was driving and unable to write it down. I got a bill for a no-show. I contested the charge & the hotel owner denied cancelling the reservation. I traveled extensively & very much like the Choice Hotel chain and this was the worst excuse of customer service I can recall receiving in the past 20 years.

This is a warning, I would not trust this hotel operator and I will never stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed one night at this motel/hotel property
Decent location, although a bit difficult access if you don't now where it is located.
Clean, large room with fridge, microwave in addition to regular amenities.
Rate was less than $40 per night with my AAA discount!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed for one night in a ground floor room and found everything very nice with a comfortable bed and pillows. Everything was very clean and didn't smell of smoke. We just pulled off the interstate to get out of the rush hour traffic and found this place without shopping around on the internet and found it to be a good price after staying two nights in Salt Lake. Seemed to be a lot of blue collar workers staying there and coming in late and leaving early but our room didn't show a lot of wear. There were a lot of big trucks parked in the lot making a tight squeeze. The continental breakfast wasn't much so we skipped it. All the restaurants are at the next exit which wasn't too convenient. I can't believe it's the same place as the other reviews but it's the right address.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Provo? Share your experiences!