“Pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed for one night the end of August. I was a little leery about staying here due to some bad experiences at other locations. I was surprised at the room - very nice - spacious - clean. Plenty of room to put things - dresser - armoire - counter that had mini fridge and microwave underneath. I was really impressed. Wifi worked great. Very quiet and right off the highway.
Didn't have any of the breakfast but noticed it was very minimal. I really wouldn't have a problem staying here again.
Cons: The toilet whistled after flushing and the heater didn't work. A/C was fine but not the heat part. We did report it on the maintenance form that was in the room - maybe it will get fixed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

One thing, because of the construction, it was a little difficult getting to. The motel itself was okay, except it is a two story. Whoever was above our room had a child, lord I hope it was a child, that sounded like wild houses stomping around and maybe jumping off of the bed. The rooms were good. Clean and everything, but it was just the running around upstairs that ruined it for us. Although, I have to be fair, that it stopped before we drifted off to sleep.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Rockledge, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Much improved over the last year or two.
Pros: big, attractive rooms, clean, decent beds, wifi, hbo
Cons: poor breakfast

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

My wife and her family stayed in hotel. The check in process was slow, staff was rude and rooms were dirty. Spoke with hotel staff about a billing issue and was screamed at by a woman and a man who claimed to be her husband on the phone. They were very argumentative, I was accused of lying, was told I was wrong and am not welcome to stay at their property again (which was no problem to me) and was even threatened by a man named Onel with physical violence. Very difficult to communicate with them due to their attitude and heavy accents. I have never been treated so poorly in my life by a hotel staff and I am in the industry at another Choice Hotels property. I would never bash another Choice Hotels property, but this was by far the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel.

• Stayed June 2010
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

We were in town for a convention and had stayed at this hotel before. This time, however, the rooms were badly in need of some TLC. The faucets dripped and the rooms were not particularly clean. The hotel was in a not great part of town and there appeared to be alot of partying going on. We called the front desk and complained about the noise and the dripping faucet, but all of our calls were pretty much ignored.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Lander, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

I stayed with this Choice Hotel (www.choicehotels.com) because of their special promotion in the spring; while I felt the cost was more than it was worth, it was one of two stays for which I got a third night free, and it evened out. I did NOT find it dirty nor the front desk people (a family I think) to be rude; but did find the 'breakfast' to be not worth my time. The beds were fine, and the microwave and fridge were a great convenience for me. It is located at one of the strangest intersections (off I-15) I've ever experienced in all my travels, but that is Provo's weird design. It's next to a minimart/gas station but you have to go a few miles to find a restaurant. If I had no choice, I WOULD stay there again... but wouldn't necessarily recommend it to a female friend. I do think the rate is based on an attitude that they think it is better than it really is... not great value.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Provo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

I have been to 27 different states hundreds of cities, and never have I encountered such awful situation. The room was dirty, when I checked in, there was toilet paper in the toilet, the doors are not sealed and it smells terrible. I checked in at 4:00 p.m. at 4:10 p.m. I went to the front desk and told them about the problem. I requested my money back and they refused to give IT back uder the statment that I used the ammenities because my wife had set on the bed. I then called the police to mediate and explained the situation. The police officer strongly advised them to give me my money back, and they still refused. So I called my bank and disputed the charge for a service that I did not use. THEY ARE RUDE, THE PLACE IS HORRIBLE, AND THEY WILL ATTEMPT TO KEEP YOUR MONEY EVEN IF YOU DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES. STAY AS FAR AS POSSIBLE FROM THIS PLACE. ALSO I WENT THROUGH ALL THESE PROBLEMS AND THEY COULD BARELY SPEAK ENGLISH, INCLUDING THE MANAGER, WHO WAS THE RUDEST.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Provo? Share your experiences!