“Friendly and helpful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Provo

You added Courtyard Provo to your Saves list
Courtyard Provo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1600 North Freedom Boulevard (200 West), Provo, UT 84604   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Walnut Creek, California
“Friendly and helpful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

With a major convention in Salt Lake, I had to stay down in Provo recently and was glad I ended up at the Courtyard. I don't normally stay in Provo when in Utah for business and the people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful when I checked in. The hotel was nicely appointed and my room was quiet and comfortable. I may have to change my mind about where I stay when in Utah again and head straight for this Courtyard!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel has a super friendly staff and very clean rooms with a lot of space. It's in a great location (unless you're a Ute fan ;) ). So nice to have free internet - and they have all the main cable channels too. The breakfast was good too. This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The bistro inside was a very nice touch. I have stayed here in the past and was very surprised by the remodel. The front desk gal had a smile on her face the entire time and was so welcoming. After a long day, the room was clean and quiet. I will stay here on future visits for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The hotel was recently remodeled and is one of the nicer places to stay in Provo. Walking distance to the football stadium and the BYU campus. The staff here were all very friendly and the front desk helped us get an early check in which was very appreciated. We stayed in a king suite, which was plenty of room for us and our two small children. The only drawback is that there is no free breakfast offered to Marriott elite members at Courtyards, obviously not in the hotel's control, but something that could make you decide to stay at the downtown Marriott or next door SpringHill Suites (which is nice too).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Springville, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here two nights, in part to celebrate our anniversary. We were looking for a nice but affordable room not too far from home, and one that had space for our three kids to stay with us comfortably one night if we wanted. I called around to other hotels for prices and room options, and in the end we felt that the Courtyard was a good choice.

We booked a King Suite through the hotel website (although usually I'm a Priceline woman). We stayed two nights, including a Saturday night stay, which is cheaper overall than one night or a mid-week stay. The base rate was $139/night, plus we paid $10 extra per night for breakfast for two people each morning. Compared to the Marriott in Provo, which charged $299/night for their nicest room (suite on the concierge level) that was still smaller than our 716 sq. ft. room, plus charged $10-14/day for Internet that was free at the Courtyard, we feel this was a reasonable price for our special weekend away.

They gave us room 405, which upon check-in we were told was their "nicest room." We liked it a lot. It was roomy and recently renovated (I think in 2012). It overlooks Mt. Timpanogas from the bedroom window and the BYU stadium/Y Mountain from the balcony (yes! there's a small balcony, large enough to stand on but not sit). The balcony also overlooks the hotel's back patio area and waterfall feature. It's maybe a small thing, but we appreciated the room decor and color schemes of sage green, silver, and warm reds. It was tastefully done.

The living area has one sofa that converts to a bed (which would have been important had our kids stayed with us; grandma decided to watch them instead) plus flat-screen TV and a kitchenette with sink, microwave, and mini fridge. The bathroom is larger than many hotels' with a standard tub/shower. The bedroom is a separate room with another sofa that converts to a bed plus flat-screen TV. The bed was super comfy and so were the pillows. I slept really well but that could be due to the fact my two toddlers and baby were at home.

We ate breakfast each morning using the breakfast vouchers. It offers you four options from the Starbucks in the Bistro...something like a hot entree plus drink, two pastries plus drink, one pastry and fruit or yogurt parfait plus drink, and ... one other option. I really enjoyed both breakfasts. My husband ordered a hot entree each day with milk or juice, and I got a hot chocolate each day with yogurt parfait and pastry. We liked the food. One thing I noticed is my drink size varied each morning depending on who prepared it. On Day 1 I was given what looked like a 16-ounce hot chocolate, plus a cup of water with ice. I wasn't asked what size of hot chocolate I wanted. On Day 2 the woman helping me asked me what size I wanted. I told her I didn't realize I would have a choice, and I told her I thought maybe I had a 16-oz one the day before. Not only was my hot chocolate on Day 2 bigger, but so was the water cup I requested. Kind of nice.

The dining area has two areas that are especially comfy, with padded seats like a couch and a built-in TV right in the booth. It's very private and cozy. Free newspapers are in the lobby to read. Breakfast time was peaceful and pleasant, in part for the food and atmosphere, but maybe mostly because my children were absent.

We used the pool area twice, once Friday evening around 9 pm and once Saturday morning around 10 am. It was busy Friday night with several families. Yes, it's loud and echoes. We were concerned because we were bringing our young son with Down syndrome the next morning to swim and he's sensitive to loud noises, but fortunately on Saturday morning the place was empty except for our family, and we stayed for two hours. The pool towels look ratty, but every other aspect of the hotel is so nice it didn't matter. The hot tub sign states it seats 4 people but clearly more can fit. It was extra hot, maybe hotter than it should be.

Friday night we saw a huge family using the couch/TV area just outside the pool area for a big family game night. The flat screen TV is giant but I never saw a remote control for it.

We didn't use the exercise room but we checked it out in case we would. There were three treadmills, I think, plus an elliptical and free weights with a bench. There is a TV on the wall for people lifting weights, and each machine was a built-in TV. It appears you can get headphones from the desk to use.

There's a Denny's in the parking lot and they're currently renovating an ancient fast-food building into a new Shirley's Bakery and Cafe even closer to the hotel, which should be really nice. Shirley's is kind of a legend around here for the yummy rolls and orange rolls. For dinner one night we walked to Burger Supreme on the other side of University Parkway. Took maybe 5 minutes. In that same row of stores is also a Jamba Juice, Sub-Zero Ice Cream, Great Harvest Bread, and the Cocoa Bean which serves cupcakes and hot drinks.

We liked what we paid for.

Room Tip: Room 405 is the best. Top floor, in the corner overlooking Mt. Timp and BYU Stadium area. Has a balc...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have to admit, I like the Marriott brand, as a business traveler it never fails, so I used room credits for a free stay at the Courtyard in Provo and it did not disappoint. The room was large, well appointed, great selection of shampoo (love the Paul Mitchell brand) and best of all it had great pillows. That has been my one criticism of Courtyard, the pills are usually awful. This one had a variety of pillows and that is very unusual. Breakfast was also good in the breakfast area, and nice pool and exercise room. It is literally across the road from the BYU stadium, so for sports travelers this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sebring, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Clean, comfortable, friendly & great views! Great night sleep! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They even recommended great local restaurants.
They are very accommodating on the room type we were looking for. The laundry facility was good and the lounge area on the garden floor was very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard Provo? Share your experiences!