“Nice stay near BYU” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Provo

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Provo to your Saves list
Courtyard Provo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1600 North Freedom Boulevard (200 West), Provo, UT 84604   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Alexandria, Virginia
“Nice stay near BYU”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I was at a meeting on campus for 2 days and had low expectations for this motel. But he room was comfortable, attractive, and fairly recently renovated. Staff were all very nice and extremely helpful, and the lobby cafe is really nice. I had a very good breakfast sandwich one morning. Reasonably priced location. Definitely recommend.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We came from the Montage Deer Valley to meet the Pepperdine Basketball team. This was a really fun hotel. Super clean, management did everything to make our stay enjoyable. They have a great little cafe' in the lobby that makes everything! We had an IPhone 5 and no charger, the front desk person charged our phone for us everyday. Pool,gym,newspapers, and super clean rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We enjoyed our recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott, Provo. Fantastic location for my husband and me while visiting our daughter. Beautiful decor, friendly staff, great price through priceline. We didn't get a chance to use the gorgeous pool and jacuzzi - next time, for sure! We appreciated the coffee on a Sunday morning for the non-LDS crowd (ok, it was just us). We'll plan to stay here again!

Room Tip: View from our room on the 2nd floor was fantastic - those mountains are beautiful in the late aftern...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Waterflow, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My family (myself, wife, 4 kids) got this hotel on priceline for a great deal. As a confirmed cheapskate I was annoyed that I had to pay for breakfast when so many other hotels in Provo offer free continental breakfast, and in my opinion are every bit as nice. Nevertheless, every aspect of my stay was very good. Quiet and comfortable rooms, well maintained, great pool, nice garden out back even in November, friendly staff, good parking, and great location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I started staying here a couple of months ago at the recommendation of a colleague who, like me, had grown tired of the continuing decline of cleanliness and service at the downtown Marriott hotel in Provo. I am so glad I made the switch! I travel to Provo about twice a month for business, and this is a hotel that caters to my needs much better.
The rooms are large, comfortable, modern and clean with flat-screen TVs, a small sitting area, a nice desk area with a moveable table that sides underneath, good placement of lights, electrical outlets, etc. The beds are very comfortable and the housekeeping service is excellent.
The bathrooms are a bit on the small side for a family, but for the individual business traveler, it's perfectly fine.There are lots of towels, the toiletries are Paul Mitchell, and there is a hairdryer, iron, and ironing board in the closet, along with a good supply of hangers. The rooms also include a fridge, but no microwave.
The facility has free parking and lots of it, and is in area accessible to a few fast food places, as well as a Denny's in the adjacent parking lot.
There is a nice pool and workout room, and while there is no room service, there is a snack-bar type place in the modern lobby that serves breakfast and sandwiches. I have never eaten at the hotel, so can't comment on the food served there.
The best thing for me is the convenient location, excellent housekeeping, and fresh, comfortable rooms. This is the 3rd hotel I've tried in Provo, and it's definitely my favorite.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here 1 night unscheduled due to a late arriving flight into SLC. This property sits very close to the BY campus, and across the street from the football stadium.

From the outside, the hotel looks like your typical Marriott Courtyard. When you walk inside though, as soon as you walk in, you can tell that this hotel has just undergone a major renovation. The lobby is set up very similar to a Hyatt Place lobby. There is a small check in desk area, but the desk is more like two kiosks, and it is very open and iniviting. Immediately next to the check in area is a small "market" with some drink/snacks/toiletries. There is also a large flat screen TV that has local area information and weather information scrolling on it. Across from the front desk is the "Bistro". This area is set up like a bar, but its primary purpose is to serve breakfast and dinner. They do offer a full complement of beverages, including Starbucks coffee (fancy drinks included) and at least some alcoholic drinks (I only saw beer & wine, but hard liquor might be offered as well). Because of the late hour, I did not have a chance to see the work out area or swimming pool.

As for the room, this was also recently renovated, and upon walking in, seemed to be one of the cleanest hotel rooms I have stayed in recently. We received a 1 king bed room, but the room also included a very comfortable sofa that transformed into a pull out bed. The temperature was controlled via a display directly on the A/C unit, and it worked excellent. The FREE wireless internet was of a decent speed, and connecting was easy. The TV was a nice flat screen and had a ton of channels offered. We were on the back side of the hotel and had a nice view of the mountains with our floor to ceiling windows. There was also a mini fridge in the room for food/beverage storage. Sounds in the room and in the hallway was very quiet all night.

The only slight negatives I can mention for the property are the following: Bathroom area was a little small, but it was placed efficiently and very clean. Also, the closet by the bathroom had the doors removed, but it was still showing the track from the removed door. Last, the connected restaurant to the hotel is closed, as is the restaurant in the parking lot, so if you want something to eat off property, you will probably have to drive.

All in all, I would stay here again, and I think this is one of Provo's best hotel offerings.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Came with spouse on business trip. Small, but absolutely first rate. Staff extremely helpful, happy. We had a compact room with one King bed, but it was fine. Plenty of room for my laptop and good wi-fi. Exceptionally clean. Love red/yellow modern decor. Best of all was our magnificent view of mountains and big sky. Supposedly just renovated; but it looked and felt all brand new. If you don't have a car, they shuttle to many nearby places, such as the university or shopping. Remember of course, Provo is basically a small town. No hotel restaurant, but a small bistro in lobby open for breakfast and dinner. And they serve Starbucks at Bistro. Food was very good and freshly prepared. You can eat at cozy booth in lobby with your own personal flat screen...or you take food to your room. Again, shuttle will take to nearby restaurants. While my husband was in a conference all day in rooms downstairs, I was upstairs doing my work on computer and enjoying the gorgeous view. Also spent a day exploring BYU. Recommend their art museum, and they have several museums there. Another plus, the rooms are VERY QUIET. You don't hear a thing from neighboring rooms. This is always a big turn-off for me. And of course, I love the no-smoking policy. There is microwave and small fridge for keeping snacks on hand. A reasonable hotel with a PREMIUM view. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Provo? Share your experiences!