“It was OK” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Lompoc, California
“It was OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was just a stopover to our final destination. Our group consisted of my wife and I and our adult daughter in 2 rooms. We got in late and the man at the counter wasn't exactly unprofessional but could have been more helpful - he looked and acted like he wasn't quite awake. The parking lot is set up in what I would call an unorthodox manner (deference seemed to be given to the space for the pool instead of letting guests park near their rooms when this motel was designed). The rooms were good but not great. The beds were comfortable enough - no soreness or stiffness the next day. The sound level was good enough that we weren't woken up by any external noises. The complimentary breakfast was better than most (no waffle maker but plenty of cereal, hot oatmeal, pastries, juices, milk, coffee, tea). The breakfast room was on the small side for the size of the motel but adequate for the 10 or so people that were attending when we did. The morning staff was alert and actually seemed to be happy to be there.

Room Tip: Check in early to get a room that you can park near or you will wind up having to park in back of th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Courtney F, General Manager at Days Inn - Provo, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Days Inn of Provo. Thank you for both the negative and positive aspects, as we will know what we need to work on and what we have done well. We look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future. Days Inn continuously strives to create memorable moments with our guests. We stand by our commitment to serving our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I have absolutely no idea how anyone could rate this anything better than Terrible. I was in town and selected this hotel due to the proximity of the BYU stadium. Upon arriving, I turned the air conditioner on only to find that the fan made a horrible noise. I called and requested either the air conditioner be fixed, or to be moved to the other room. The front desk attendant arrived to my room, inspected the AC unit and advised that they could not fix it, nor could they move me to another room due to the fact that the hotel was sold out. Nor, would they give me a refund. I requested that a manager be called. I was advised that no manger was available. So I was suck with a room with a broken AC in which nobody would be able to sleep through. I ended up calling Days Inn Customer Service and they took my information. After being there for 15 minutes, I opted not to stay here. I have attempted to contact the hotel numerous times and nobody answers the phone. I have attempted to contact customer service, and after being on the phone three times for a total hold time of 75 minutes, I still have not made any headway in seeking a return on my funds.

The AC unit aside... the room smelled, towels were dirty, floors looked, beds were springy. Even if the AC worked, my review would be poor at best.

Room Tip: Do not chose a room here. Plenty of other options in the area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We appreciate all our guest comments as they provide us with items we can work on for the future. We have shared your comments regarding the air conditioner with the maintenance to ensure these types of situations are handled differently in the future. We hope to see you again soon, to have an opportunity to show you an exceptional stay. Thank you for your time.
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Some Days Inns are so-so, but this one is really clean and well kept. I was in Provo for a conference on the BYU campus and enjoyed the walk from the motel because the rest of the day I had to sit a lot. The walk is about 20 minutes or so and very safe. I was pleased at how clean my room was and that the morning breakfast was a bit better than at some similar motels. Don't expect a breakfast such as one at a nice B&B, but it is quite acceptable … yogurt, coffee, small muffins, raisin bread, juice. The location is very handy and easy to find. I have no complaints.

Room Tip: I enjoyed a room with a King size bed.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate your review with us here at Days Inn of Provo. We love hearing when people have a great stay with us, as we invest a lot of time and effort in training our team to ensure the highest level of warm and personalized service to all of our guests. We hope to see you back at the Days Inn soon, so we can again exceed your expectations. Thank you!
Chilliwack, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I was in town for a course so I stayed at this motel on the recommendation of the school that I would be attending. I had stayed at a Days Inn elsewhere in the past, and it was fine, so I had not expected any issues. What a mistake! My room was filthy: carpet, bathroom, phone, ice bucket, etc. However, the sheets were the worst as they had what appeared to be fresh blood and urine stains on them. The room had a terrible scent to it. Staff informed me that I was unable to switch rooms as they were booked solid. As I was to find out so were all the other motels/hotels in town that weekend. My cell phone had gone down earlier in the day, so I attempted to make an important long distance call and have it charged to my room. The front counter staff informed me that I was not able to make long distance calls from the room phone, and they were unable to tell me where a local pay phone was to make the important call. Also, they were unable to direct me to the location of the nearest pharmacy to buy some toiletries that I had forgotten when I left home. Apparently none of them lived in the area! That night I had to endure a nonstop drunken party going on next door. My repeated calls to the front desk seemed to do nothing to stop the noise. Staff were generally unhelpful, uninterested, and generally uncaring. They didn't care that I was a guest, who had never been to their town before and required assistance. The room itself was extremely overpriced! I can not recommend this motel in good faith to any traveller.

Room Tip: Avoid this place.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for very much for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our guests and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the issues you informed us of and will make every effort to correct them. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion of providing great customer service with our guests, and we take immediate action to correct any issues that are brought to our attention from our valued guests. We would love an opportunity to serve you again and not only meet, but exceed your expectations. We hope to see you again and wish you the very best in the future.
Mesa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel is perfect for a quick night or two in Provo. The room was clean and nice, and the bed was comfortable! My only issue is the "free continental breakfast". It had a few little tiny muffins, some yogurts, and a couple choices of cereal. Some real muffins, bagels, fruit, etc would be nice.

The only bad thing was the office check-in area (which is also where you eat) smelled so bad of curry and Indian food. No one in my family would walk in there because the smell was so strong. I understand the managers live there at the building, and are cooking/eating there,
but they really need to try to do something about the smell.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn - Provo? Share your experiences!