“Worst Stay Ever!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Chilliwack, Canada
“Worst Stay Ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I was in town for a course so I stayed at this motel on the recommendation of the school that I would be attending. I had stayed at a Days Inn elsewhere in the past, and it was fine, so I had not expected any issues. What a mistake! My room was filthy: carpet, bathroom, phone, ice bucket, etc. However, the sheets were the worst as they had what appeared to be fresh blood and urine stains on them. The room had a terrible scent to it. Staff informed me that I was unable to switch rooms as they were booked solid. As I was to find out so were all the other motels/hotels in town that weekend. My cell phone had gone down earlier in the day, so I attempted to make an important long distance call and have it charged to my room. The front counter staff informed me that I was not able to make long distance calls from the room phone, and they were unable to tell me where a local pay phone was to make the important call. Also, they were unable to direct me to the location of the nearest pharmacy to buy some toiletries that I had forgotten when I left home. Apparently none of them lived in the area! That night I had to endure a nonstop drunken party going on next door. My repeated calls to the front desk seemed to do nothing to stop the noise. Staff were generally unhelpful, uninterested, and generally uncaring. They didn't care that I was a guest, who had never been to their town before and required assistance. The room itself was extremely overpriced! I can not recommend this motel in good faith to any traveller.

Room Tip: Avoid this place.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Courtney F, General Manager at Days Inn - Provo, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for very much for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our guests and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the issues you informed us of and will make every effort to correct them. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion of providing great customer service with our guests, and we take immediate action to correct any issues that are brought to our attention from our valued guests. We would love an opportunity to serve you again and not only meet, but exceed your expectations. We hope to see you again and wish you the very best in the future.

Mesa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel is perfect for a quick night or two in Provo. The room was clean and nice, and the bed was comfortable! My only issue is the "free continental breakfast". It had a few little tiny muffins, some yogurts, and a couple choices of cereal. Some real muffins, bagels, fruit, etc would be nice.

The only bad thing was the office check-in area (which is also where you eat) smelled so bad of curry and Indian food. No one in my family would walk in there because the smell was so strong. I understand the managers live there at the building, and are cooking/eating there,
but they really need to try to do something about the smell.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

2 Thank Kathryn C
Tumbler Ridge, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

front desk staff would not honour discount coupon although hotel was not full. room was clean but bathroom incredibly small and needed updating. No sound insulation we could hear the showers and toilet flushing from our neighbours, the room above us partied until 4am and security did nothing. free breakfast was adequate but nothing special. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank john h

Travelers are raving about these Provo hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Let me preface this review with the fact that I never have made a hotel reservation with any place that costs more than $60 a night.

That said, I will NEVER make a reservation with Days Inn ever again. Their corporate customer service is beyond rude and appallingly inconsiderate and unhelpful. Although I have stayed at Days Inn and their affiliates previously, I will never ever do so again whether I have to go out and get an expensive hotel or not. We had one major problem with this particular hotel and Days Inn couldn't care less.

I Will say this, the staff at the Provo Days Inn did pretty much everything they could to take care of us. Everything they could besides keep up their hotel that is. Honestly, I wasn't expecting anything other than a clean room where I could relax and take a nice bath after my thirteen hour drive before sleeping comfortably in the king bed I reserved. Such was not the case. The room we received when we arrived was anything but clean (as were the rest of them by the way). It was filled with smoke. I'm pregnant. I'm not going to stay in a non-smoking room that smells like ten people lit up in it for three days straight. Thanks. The second room we got was two queens. Understandable for one night, but I ordered the king for a reason. My 6'4" husband and my prego butt just do not fit well on a queen. I'd take it for the night since its late, but I wanted my king for the rest of my stay. In any case, our queen room door refused to open. Grrr, seriously the maintenance issues were seriously getting annoying. They got the room open thank God. In the morning we left for our scheduled vacay stuff and the manager called to tell us they'd switch us to a king when we got back. We told her we wouldn't be getting back till much after three (their check in time) and still expected to get our king room. When we did arrive back that evening, the front desk staff informed us we would have to stay in our queen. Eventually they did give us a king (hence the staff did do everything they could to appease us) there was just some miscommunication between the manager and her underlings. The next day, our key cards didn't work when we got back to our room during the day. No major problems with that, it just shows how terribly dilapidated this place is. I really can't believe it's still in service.

Oh and the most major thing about this is not the imperfect arrival or the outdated accommodations. It was the serious unclean state of the hotel and the complete disregard of customer service by corporate.

-Smoke in non-smoking rooms
-Blood stains on carpet and linens (I didn't bring this up because it was in every room we had and I am still trying to process how they could do this)
-bath tubs that don't stay filled
-and a structure which has never been fixed up therefore is falling to pieces
-A MAJOR HOTEL CHAIN THAT CARES NOTHING FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS AND WHO WILL YELL AT, DEMEAN, AND IGNORE ANY COMPLAINERS.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Sarah Elizabeth A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provo
Baymont Inn & Suites Provo River
Residence Inn Provo
#2 of 20 in Provo
4.5 of 5 stars 233 reviews
Provo SpringHill Suites by Marriott

Been to Days Inn - Provo? Share your experiences!