“Very helpful & friendly staff. Great place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Provo
“Very helpful & friendly staff. Great place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The one complaint was that they don't have any king beds. Breakfast was great but the staff wasn't cleaning the tables or putting out additional food until asked. Other than that everything was great. Staff was happy to get me ice from the lobby because my refrigerator freezer had not made enough ice for me after I had been there 2 hours. Rooms as always big and had all the supplies for the kitchen that you would need. Beds were comfortable and clean. Shower was clean and had plenty of hot water. Had a flat screen TV and the extra blanket in the closet. Pool was clean. This was the second time I had stayed at this Residence Inn and again was very happy. They always have the computer and printer with paper in the lobby to print my boarding passes.

Room Tip: I was in room 101 and its windows was in the front and was next to the parking lot. Everybody that c...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brady W, General Manager at Residence Inn Provo, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Miss Loretta,

Greatings from the Provo Residence Inn. Thank you so much for staying with us again your recent trip.

We appreciate the kind comments about our wonderful facility and staff. At the Provo Residence Inn, we pride ourselves in providing great service to our guests. I will make certain to share your comments with my Provo Residence Inn team during our morning huddle.

Also, thank you for informing me concerning your want for a king size bed as well as the clearing of tables during breakfast . I sleep on a king at home and love it so I can see why you would want the same. Also, I understand why it would be frustrating when looking for a table to sit at and only seeing tables with food and plates from a previous guest.

I promise you that during our next renovation or bed replacement whichever is first, I will make sure to share your request with ownership. Also, I have spoken with my breakfast team and they have assured me to keep a better eye on the tables to make certain we have seating for all of our guests.

Again, thank you so much for staying with us. I would love to personally meet you during your next stay. Please feel free to contact me prior to your next visit so that I can ensure your stay is exceptional.

We look forward to your return.

Have a wonderful day,

General Manager Provo Residence Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lake Forest, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We chose this location because of other posters positive reviews and we were not disappointed! The property is not the newest in the area ...but! Make no mistake this place is maintained to the max! The experience from the front desk to the great breakfast was the best! They also sponsored a cook out for the guests that evening, something totally unexpected!

An added bonus is that you are very close to the BYU campus and not far from Sundance Ski area. We hope to return here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rita R, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Provo, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for being our guests at the Provo Residence Inn by Marriott, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. It is always fun to have our summer BBQ's and meet our guests. We are happy that everything met with your approval. We hope you will return soon, if I can be of assistance in making future reservation or be of help in any way I will list my information below. Again, thank you!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is about halfway between University Mall and BYU and it is on the river walk so for exercise you walk out the door of the hotel and you are on the walking trial. Hard to beat those combinations. The property is clean and well maintained. Breakfast is adequate. I wish they would do more breakfast sandwiches and less scrambled eggs. BBQ Wednesday was only chicken, hamburger and hot dogs and not real BBQ. Still, nice effort by the managers and a decent meal. The internet access is one of the best I have experienced. Fast long on and only one log on while you are there. Good service as we watched movies on the iPad hooked to the TV with no buffering. Very good exercise room for the wife although I liked the outdoors. Beautiful views of the mountains. Very reasonable price. There is only one down side of this proeprty and it is not the fault of the hotel or owners. There was one family with totally irresponsible parents that let their children run free. The staff tried to keep them under control and kept them out of the breakfast room without the parents and because they did not wear shoes. Still, it was the parents and not the hotel or the staff. Otherwise, a great stay and a place I will visit again when in Provo.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great review and for being our guest at the Residence Inn by Marriott! We are delighted that everything met with your approval and you enjoyed your stay with us. If I can be of assistance to you in making future reservation or be of help in any way I will list my information below.

Again, thank you!

Rita Riling/Director of Sales
rita.riling@dimdev.com
cambridge nz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is the place to stay. The comfort the helpful staff and the overall experience is worth the 30 minute drive to salt lake. The rooms are luxurious and the breakfast is great. The staff couldn't do enough for us. We spent two nights here and highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us, we are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return again soon. Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can be of assistance to you in any way, Again, thank you for being our guest!

Rita Riling
Director of Sales
rita.riling@dimdev.com
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Wow, great hotel. Stayed for six days and five nights.

Location: 5 stars
-Close to BYU, Lavell Edwards Stadium, University Mall, etc. Right next to Motion Picture Studio for Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
-Very safe area, no worries at all.
-Short walking distance to shopping centers with plenty of restaurants (see my review for Thai Mango).

Room: 5 stars
-Livingroom, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, two closets, thermostat.
-Roomy.

Livingroom: 5 stars
-Office desk with easy access power outlets, executive chair, lamp.
-Comfortable sofa with pillows.
-Comfortable chair with ottoman.
-Table.
-40" LG flat screen TV with ports.
-TV table with two drawers.
-Coat closet with ironing board.

Kitchen: 5 stars
-Full size refrigerator with built-in ice maker in freezer.
-Two burner stove.
-Microwave.
-Sink with garbage disposer.
-Dishwasher.
-Plates, bowls, glasses, silverware, utensils.
-Small table for two.
-Free Orville Redenbacher microwave popcorn and coffee/tea packets.

Bedroom: 5 stars
-Comfortable queen bed, lots of pillows.
-Good lighting.
-40" LG flat screen TV with ports.
-Two end tables with lamps and one clock.
-Bureau with four drawers.

Bathroom: 5 stars
-Single sink with good counter space.
-Drawers in counter.
-Double sliding mirror door closet.
-Quality, name-brand obligatory toiletries.
-Provides toothpaste or other forgotten items.
-The toilet and shower have a door--separate from sink, counter, and mirror.
-Nice shower head, arched curtain rod for more room.
-Excellent water pressure, always had hot water.
-Towels are full-sized and while not super plush, not cheaply thin, either. Nice towels.
-Hairdryer.
-For those in which this matters, the toilet paper is somewhat thin as all hotel toilet paper is, but this is soft toilet paper for your tushies.

Services: 5 stars
-Free hot breakfast buffet. Many, many items to choose from that somewhat changes during the week. Scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage patties, muffin breakfast sandwiches, ranch potatoes, French toast, omelettes, make your own waffles with a variety of toppings, hard boiled eggs, yogurt/granola/blueberry parfaits, high quality muffins and pastries and breads, four different cold cereals, cooked oatmeal with add-ins (pecans, raisins, brown sugar), trail mix or candy, apples, bananas, chocolate/2%/fat-free milk, juice.
-Free dinner on Mondays and Wednesdays. Possibly on Tuesdays as well, but I wasn't there. On Monday I had yummy stuffed bell peppers. Wednesdays is burgers and hotdogs at the BBQ grill on the patio.
-Free shuttle service which I used everyday to get to the BYU Conference Center and back.
-Free morning local newspaper at your door.
-Free high-speed WiFi with the convenience of no password.
-Free small business center with Dell computer with 24" screen and printer. I printed my airline boarding passes for free. Windows PC with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). USB ports for jump drives, etc.
-Free parking.

Amenities: 5 stars
-Swimming pool, open 6am to 11pm with a baby pool.
-Exercise room (didn't see).
-Laundry room with two washers and three dryers. Coin operated. Flat screen TV in the room.
-Conference room. Or rooms. Not sure how many.
-Basketball/tennis court. They provide equipment checkout if you don't have your own.
-BBQ patio that patrons can use.
-Walkway in the back.
-24 hour snack center. Drinks of all kinds, ice cream and ice cream novelties, microwaveable meal items, candy & munchies, misc. items. All at hotel prices, but it is convenient if you don't/can't go somewhere late at night. Can buy it then or put it on your room bill.

Service: 5 stars
-Very friendly staff in all dealings. Efficient. Shuttle driver in the mornings was really nice.
-When I first got into my room, there was already a voice mail on my phone. It was from the front desk clerk saying welcome and hope everything is right with the room. Very nice touch.

They say that they just replaced all the beds and their next phase is to upgrade the bathrooms, paint, and carpet. Would like to see what they do because everything looks great now.

Of course, I would definitely come back. I cannot believe that this is cheaper than the Marriott. I cannot believe how inexpensive the rates are.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Rita R, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Provo, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for staying with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come again soon. If I can be of assistance to you in making future reservation, I will list my information below.

Again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to your return!

Rita Riling
Director of Sales
rita.riling@dimdevcom
New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Usually stay at a different hotel in Provo, but decided to give this one a try. The bad points include the décor is a bit dated, lighting in the bathroom is very poor, and some of the furniture is worn.

The good points are the staff is excellent, the facilities were clean, breakfast is ample, and the hotel is conveniently located.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Brady W, General Manager at Residence Inn Provo, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your most recent visit to the area. I am very happy to know that you were extremely pleased with the service provided by our staff as well as the cleanliness of the hotel. I will make sure to share your comments with the entire staff and let them know how happy you were with them.

I also appreciate you letting me know concernig the furniture and bathroom lighting. Please know that I have been at this property for only 6 months and have been working diligently on a solution concernig the furniture. I am happy to say that you will notice a great improvement most likely during your next visit. I have ordered new covers for the chairs in the rooms which will provide a very pleasant look as well as feel. They shipped out last Friday and I expect they will arrived on property any day now.

Concerning the lighting, I will have my chief engineer try a different light bulb in hopes to improve visibility in the bathroom. Should we find one that will increase lighting and is energy efficient, we will definitely make the switch.

I can assure you that it is the goal of my team and I to work towards accomodating the needs of every guests.

Please know that the Residence Inn provides a wonderful product as well as service. Unlike many of the other accommodations in the area, all of our rooms are spacious as we are an all suite hotel. In addition, we provide an oustanding complimentary hot breakfast to fit the needs of our guests. Lastly, we provide complimentary light dinner during our evneing socials for our guests a few nights during the week. I am unaware of any other hotel in the area that does that. Residence Inn prides itself on value as well superior service.

Thank you again for choosing the Provo Residence Inn during your most recent stay.

I look forward to your return.

LA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I travel to Provo often and normally stay at different Marriott properties, however this time with family figured we would try the Residence Inn since there was four of us.

Walking through the hallway after check in and seeing the stained carpets and dinged walls should have been the first clue of what we were in for. Once in our room, the carpet inside was no better, and was full of stains, presumably from the pets that they allow in their rooms. Speaking of the pet policy, if you have even mild allergies like we do, then this hotel will not work. After awhile in the room, the presence of dog hair and pet dander was overwhelming. I decided to look more closely at the couch in the living room, which was a mistake, as the amount of dog hair on the couch and under the cushions was disgusting. And speaking of that couch, I am really shocked they even allow them to keep this furniture on site, totally worn down.The final straw here was when I noticed my two year old's brand new white socks were completely black after walking on the carpet.

Way to unclean to stay here for the planned four nights - checked out early and found somewhere else. I stay 60+ nights a year at Marriott properties, by far the grossest experience I have had at one of their properties.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your most recent visit to the area. I also thank you for taking the time to provide a review as it is a way for us to see things from the perspective of our guests in order to improve our service. I know that you are on the road many nights out of the year and you have expectations especially when staying at a Marriott property. I apologize that your experience was not as you had hoped. It is my goal to make certain my guests are well taken care of.

Please know that I take guest comments very seriously. For this reason I have developed a few additional procedures to guarantee your experience does not happen again. As soon as I received your review, I immediately notified all department managers in order to resolve.

It has been a week since I received the review and I have had my maintenance department shampoo and clean all public area carpets as well guest rooms. I am happy to say that they are almost completely finshined. I expect completion no later than by the end of this week.

Also, my Executive housekeeper as well as her team are paying extra attention to any sign of animals in the room. Whether we are aware of the animal or not, housekeeping will immediately notify maintenance should they discover any sign of pet residue. At that point, the front desk will place the room in out of order until maintenance has provided suite care to the room and I have personally inspected it.

I can assure you that it is the goal of my team and I to work towards accomodating your needs the best that we can.

I hope that you will take these things into consideration when returning to the area.

Again I am sincerely sorry that your experience did not meet expectations. Should you return to the area, I hope that you will give us another try in hopes that we might provide you with the service you expect. Please feel free to contact me personally should you decide to try us again. I would love the opportunity to provide you with the experience you expect when staying with Marriott.

I look forward to your return.

Brady Willardson

Been to Residence Inn Provo? Share your experiences!