“Starting to Slip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Oregon
“Starting to Slip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel has been my favorite in Utah County. But I think I need to find a new favorite place. My last two visits have been way below my expectations. The carpet in my room had large stains and the piping on the furniture was starting to wear. The hotel needs some maintenance and updating to return to it's former, better self.

The last visit included an unpleasant surprise. A water pipe had burst over the pool and so not only was the pool not available, the washers and dryers (which I needed to use) were not available.

If you are looking for a clean and worry-free stay, you may want to look for newer properties.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Brady W, General Manager at Residence Inn Provo, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for providing a review of your experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott Provo. I appreciate your willingness to take the time to share your experience as it is a way for us to see how we are doing from the perspective of our guests.

I thank you for always having chosen us as your hotel of choice when visiting Provo and I hope that you will continue to choose us when traveling to the area. I apologize that your most recent stays were not as you had hoped.

Please know that we take customer reviews very seriously. I know how frustrated you must have felt when expecting to be able to use our pool/spa as well as do some laundry during your stay only to find out that a pipe in the ceiling had burst.

The extremely cold temperatures placed the pipe under extreme pressure causing it to break. This caused damage in the pool/spa room as well as guest laundry. As you know the break was unexpected and unfortunately also unforseable as it was a shock to all of us at the hotel.

The good news is that since the incident, both areas have reopened and are much newer and better than before. The exent of the damage forced us to renovate both rooms. Never before has the pool/spa and guest laundry looked so beautiful.

Please know how sorry I am that the incident occured during your visit.

I hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with the same great service that has brought you back again and again. We also invite you to experience the newly renovated pool, spa, and guest laundry.

If I can be of futher assistance, please feel free to contact me.

I look forward to your return.

Warm regards,
Brady Willardson

General Manager, Residence Inn by Marriott Provo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My daughter attends BYU so I travel to Provo often and have found the Residence Inn to be a very comfortable place to stay. Staff is always friendly, room is always nice and clean, love having a little kitchen. I call this my home away from home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rita R, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Provo, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott while visiting your daughter, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. If I can be of assistance to you in making future reservations I have listed my email address and telephone number below.

Again, thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott!

DIrector of Sales
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is more than a hotel, complete with a kitchen, fold-out bed and more. They even provide complimentary microwave popcorn - they really got me there.

The breakfast had a nice variety of waffles, eggs, hash-browns, yogurt, drinks, cereal and more. It was clean and well maintained and staffed.

The service was very good both at the front desk and in cleanup. The condition of the room was very good.

The price we got provided for an EXCELLENT value and it's location is not far from the BYU campus and several nice restaurants.

We will come here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Rita R, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Provo, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us again soon when traveling to the Provo area. I will list my email and telephone number below if I can be of assistance to you in any way.

Again, thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott!

Rita Riling/Director of Sales
Danville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have stayed there many times over the last few years and have never been disappointed. They have just refurbished the rooms and it is very nice.
Breakfast is good with decent selection.
If you travel with kids, they will love the indoor pool.
Wireless connection could be better in certain areas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your continued business, we are delighted that you have enjoyed staying with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott and hope you will return again soon. I will list my email address and telephone number below if I can be of assistance to you in making future reservations.

Again, thank you!

Rita Riling/Director of Sales
Santa Fe, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed one night, on a Sunday, last month. My room, at the back on the first floor, was pleasing and spacious. There is nice color in the rooms, not the same old brown and beige.

But when I went to the backyard to check out the stream and walking trail, it was there but so was a fenced in electrical transfer station. Pretty major. Am I the only person to notice this? Some of the rooms face right out to it, so I'd suggest requesting a room as far away as possible, if you stay here. With a lot of choices in Provo, I think I'd look for something else.

The dog charge was $100. I spoke with the manager at checkout to see if he would reduce it to $25, which is the usual fee. He only reduced it by $25, refused to meet me halfway, and it was ridiculous, the room itself was only $113 on a Sunday night. I found his attitude about this less than accommodating. Two nights earlier I had stayed at a Staybridge Suites in Missoula and they wanted to charge $50 for the dog and then offered to reduce it to $25, at check in. Like some others, I found the front desk personnel a bit off, almost rude.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Brady W, General Manager at Residence Inn Provo, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear valued customer,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Provo. I also thank you for taking the time to provide a review as it is a way for us to see things from the perspective of our guests in order to improve our service.

We strive to be the leading extended stay hotel as well as the first choice for lodging in the area. I apologize that the value you feel you received was less than you expected. I can assure you no harm was intended.

Please know that as of two weeks ago, management changed as I have recently replaced the past general manager. I did not know the previous GM, however, I hope to build in areas that previously may have gone unnoticed.

More than anything, I want for my guests to enjoy their stay as I know it can be difficult to be away from home. I also want my guests to be able to relax without the worry of what their bedroom's view is or how much the pet fee will be.

I can assure you that my team and I will work towards accomodating your needs the best that we can. If we can provide you with a view of our beautiful mountains, we will.

Please know that the Residence Inn provides a wonderful product as well as service. Unlike many of the other accommodations in the area, all of our rooms are spacious as we are an all suite hotel. In addition, we provide an oustanding complimentary breakfast to fit the needs of our guests. Lastly, we provide complimentary dinner for our guests a few nights during the week. I am unaware of any other hotel in the area that does that. I hope that you will take these things into consideration when returning to the area.

Should you return to the area, I hope that you will give us another try in hopes that we might provide you with the service you expect.

I look forward to your return.

Brady Willardson

General Manager, Residence Inn by Marriott Provo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Excellent location and full breakfast! Convenient for driving to Provo Canyon and Park City. It took about 45-50min to get to the Tanger Outlets located in Park City. Rooms are clean, service is good so you can't go wrong!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rita R, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Provo, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn for your stay in Provo, We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will return soon, please email or call if I can be of assistance to you in any way with you future plans to stay in the area. Again, thank you !

Director of sales
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This location can't be beat. It is close to both malls as well as a great area to walk in. The rooms are quiet and the grounds well kept. The breakfast room was too small to accommodate all of the guests but that isn't unusual at popular properties.

We will be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn and can't wait to have you come back again. Please email or call me if I can be of assistance in making future reservation in Provo. Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott!

Director of Sales
rita.riling@dimde.com

Been to Residence Inn Provo? Share your experiences!