“For two days, I didn't understand...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Price

You added Ramada Price to your Saves list
Ramada Price
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   838 Westwood Boulevard, Exit 240 Highway 6, Price, UT 84501-4232 (Formerly Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Price)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Price
saltlake
“For two days, I didn't understand...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

For two days, I didn't understand my housekeeper. She did not speak English. Then I finally got someone who did. She was very knowlegeable and most helpful. Her name was Valerie. She showed me the way to the ice machine personally. She was very nice and polite. It's rare to see that in the business of Hotels. The rooms don't match the website. They look better. They have spent money to improve. From what I understand they plan to recarpet. I would stay there again. They have a wonderful staff. From the desk to the housekeepers. They really care.

• Liked — The the staff was great. I wish other Hotel's treated me that way.
  • Disliked — It didn't match the website. They changed there stuff, but not the web pictures.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2007

I arrived at this hotel at about 9:00 PM after a long's day drive down from West Yellowstone, MT. I couldn't really tell anything from the outside since it was dark, but once inside, I was very impressed.

Person checking me in was extremely friendly and very helpful when I ask about fast food places to grab a quick bite to eat.

Upon getting to my room, I found it very clean and the size was okay.

Room very quiet, even though I was right across from the ice/vending machines.

The interior and hallways seemed well clean.

I got a free breakfast coupon, but didn't use.

• Stayed September 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2007

I reserved a non-smoking room some days in advance. The room was guaranteed with a credit card. I was on a business trip, so the company was paying expenses. When I arrived, I was given a room key, but was not told that the room was not a non-smoking room. As soon as I opened the door, I knew it was not non-smoking. I called the front desk, but they were full and turning away guests, so I was stuck with that room. I talked with the manager, who offered to "deodorize" the room and to reduce my bill for the stay. The deodorizing did nothing to eliminate the smell, and how does it help me if the cost is reduced $10? I was the one that had to put up with the smell and the accompanying headache, not the company I work for. It was a terrible night, and I was glad to get out of there.

To be fair, I have stayed at this place on other occasions, and those experiences were good. And this particular day, because of a high profile news event in the area, all the hotels in town were full, so I couldn't just leave and go to another hotel. But apparently the reservation system doesn't mean much, and you may not get what you ask for. Since it was guaranteed on my credit card, if I had failed to show up, I am sure they would have charged me for the full cost.

Stayed August 2007
Waterford, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Holiday Inn in Price, Utah. We were in town for a wedding and needed a place to sleep. Being a small city with limited economy this seemed to be a safe hotel option compared to the reviews of the other hotels and motels.

We were satisfied with what we got. It was a typical Holiday Inn with an indoor pool and small fitness center. The pictures on the Intercontinental website boasted a treadmill but their were only stair climbers and weight machiners equatable to home gym structures.

The restaurant did not have a breakfast bar as hinted to but being Priority Club members we were able to obtain $20 / day vouchers towards breakfast. A waitress told us that they only put together the buffet when they had a bus come through. Our breakfast meals averaged $15 for both of us and we ate off site for our remaining meals. The service and food were both good. The only tip I could share is that every morning they would take our food voucher and not give it back until we explained that it was good for 3 days and then they would have to pull it out and look for the line on the back that had our period of stay. It got old reminding them every day but they were more than willing to return it once we explained.

We had a mountain view room which was nice and our room was quite comfortable. The fridge and microwave option were convenient and were the size I had in my college dormitory. We had a standard king room.

Our only concern with our stay was that the inner shower curtain had black mold when we arrived but was replaced immediately. The woman at the front desk was very apologetic, if not embarrassed, and made it very stearnly clear that the cleaning staff had blatently ignored their protocol and would be talked to for overlooking the shower curtain.

Our rooms were well cleaned daily and we received a newspaper in front of our door in the morning.

The location was probably the most convenient of all of the hotel options as it was directly off of the highway. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Price and although an average stay for a Holiday Inn it was far above and beyond the average venue for the greater Price area.

• Liked — convenience
  • Disliked — no elevators
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2006

My wife and I just spent one night here so we only have limited experience here. The room was very nice except the wash basin area was a bit small. Overall I would have to rate the room as
above average. However, the staff at the check in counter had some personality problems. It seemed their attitude was to put in their time at work and get out. They were not friendly at all. To make things worse, Check in time is officially at 3:00 p.m., at 2:00 p.m. I asked if we might check in early and was told no. OK, rules are rules. We returned just prior to 3:00 and several people had already checked in. Seems the rules only apple to a few.
Otherwise we enjoyed our stay and if we return to price we will try this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2003

This placee has a great staff. They are so accomodating and welcoming.
Who could ask for more??!!

Been to Ramada Price? Share your experiences!