“The best in the area, but really needs a renovation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Price

You added Ramada Price to your Saves list
Ramada Price
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   838 Westwood Boulevard, Exit 240 Highway 6, Price, UT 84501-4232 (Formerly Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Price)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Price
Canyon Lake, California
“The best in the area, but really needs a renovation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

There isn't much to pick from in this area. So compared to what else is around, this place wins hands down. One thing I really like about Holiday Inns is that they are pretty self contained. I like the idea of being able to get everything I need at the place I'm staying instead of having to eat fast food or venture out miles from the hotel. There is a bar and restaurant onsite. The bar is very very cheap (at least by my California standards). If you visit the bar, remember that alcohol laws in Utah are very bizarre and often times your drinks will be very weak. Perhaps that's why they are so cheap. It all makes sense now thinking about this in retrospect! Anyway the food is quite excellent, I had the appetizer order of buffalo wings one night and they were awesome! Huge portion of food and only $7. Priority club elites get a free appetizer when they check in so this worked out great. Another night I had a wedge salad (also HUGE) and wings and while both were excellent I could not eat both items. The last night I tried the salmon and it was pretty good as well. Some nights the bar area has events like Karaoke and it gets pretty crowded. It seems like a very "locals" hang out type of spot. As for the rooms, they are very old. Fortunately the beds are comfortable (at least I thought so). But the rest of the room, old. The sink is tiny and it's just outside the toilet/shower room by the entry door. It's very very low and that drives me nuts being that I'm not short. The television is not a flatscreen either and it couldn't be without them getting rid of the large cabinet it's housed in. I had a couple light bulbs go while I was there. Also the fitness room isn't much to write home about and some items like the bike didn't work at all. Service, that was great. From the front desk to bar and restaurant/room service staff, they were all great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Ramada Price, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Hello Engineer911,
Thanks for your comments on our hotel. Its reviews like yours that really assist us in improving what we have to offer our guests. I am excited to let you know we have flat screen televisions on order for every room. Hopefully, we will accept delivery in the next few weeks.
Barbie DeLeeuw, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We were on a ten-day road trip throughout Utah and stayed at a variety of mid-range chain hotels, and this one was by far the cleanest, the most aesthetically unoffensive, and the best value. The sheets and bedding were clean and simply designed. There were plenty of pillows and towels. The room was light-filled and quiet. The security to the hotel was fairly rigorous with key cards needed to access the halls as well as the rooms (though I'm not sure what dangers lurked around the small town of Price). We felt the price was very fair for what we got.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Mountain Home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We have stayed here before and by returning it showed our satisfaction. It was a multi day stay and the Hotel is easy to get to many of the shops and stores in town. Great location and very nice pool and hot tub. Great for family too. Nice restaurant and has a bar if you want a cold one in the evening.

Room Tip: Room was cleaned by great ladies, always had it ready when we got back from activities. Jason at th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Barbie D, General Manager at Ramada Price, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Sir, as the General manager, I would like to thank you for your feed back. We look forward to serving you in the future. Barbie
Oklahoma City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Nothing too spectacular about this one; very outdated decor and furniture and just a ho-hum Holiday Inn. They claimed to be renovated rooms but from my take they just took the comforters off the beds and put a new modern sign out front. Everything else is the same; cheap standard motel/hotel furniture and pillows and a small tube TV.

Front desk staff was inattentive at best, I called to make a wake up call several times and when someone finally answered (after 3 calls) I was put on hold and was never returned to. They frequently put a sign up that says "be right back" so I am not sure if they are just under staffed or don't really care. It was clean and will suffice for a quick over night stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Barbie D, General Manager at Ramada Price, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you Greg D. I am the general manager of the Holiday Inn and I appreciate your input. As a valued guest your imput is important for us to improve our service with the goal to make the Holiday Inn a home away from home. I will personally address your concerns with my team.
Thanks again, Barbie
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I'm in my late 20s and have stayed in my fair share of crappy hotels. This one was bad!! Toilet was broken.... The handle fell right off when I went to flush. I called for maintenance and he said it would be 3 hrs. My bed sheets had yellowish brown stains and had a mildew and cigarette stench. Tv did not work. Beds felt harder than a rock. The people next to us had a large dog that barked all night. This place is advertised as no pets and non smoking. Well I experienced both. I would have slept better in my car and could have saved the 90.00.

Stayed here may 2012.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Barbie D, General Manager at Ramada Price, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Sir, I am the General Manager of the Holiday Inn. I would like to apologize for your unsatisfactory stay at our hotel. We want to be a home-away-from-home for our guests. It is unfortunate you did not have that experience. Your input has helped me work with the appropriate departments to improve our hotel.
Thanks again,
Barbie DeLeeuw
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I have stayed at all the decent hotels in town (and some that weren't). This is the one I keep going back to. I usually use PC points. The redemption rate is 15,000 and this provides good value compared to paying cash. The rooms are clean and quiet. The beds are comfortable. The staff is very accomodating and eager to please. My room had a picture tube TV. The second floor is accessible only by stairs.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Crosby, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

This was a typical holiday inn that was built maybe 20-30 years ago. The building and room showed some age hpwever very clean with Free wirless internet and comfortable. The hotel had a very nice lobby and restaurant given the community in which it was located. The good: Comfortable clean rooms won me over with the friendly staff. Worth the trip to Price for business and will stay with them again..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Price? Share your experiences!