“Clean reasonably priced hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Price
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   180 North Hospital Drive, Price, UT 84501   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Price
Durango, Co
“Clean reasonably priced hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

I've stayed here several times and don't find the issues mentioned by other reviewers.
The room is clean and the staff is responsive when needed. Wi-Fi is okay and the tv
is large.
Breakfast is donuts and pastries from the local grocery store. But what can you ask for when the price is so low?
I would recommend this hotel, it is clean and decent, no complaints from me.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Billings, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

I'm struggling to find a single good thing to say about this hotel.
Room smelled terrible.
Air conditioner didn't work.
Walls are paper thin and you hear everything.
Hot tub barely worked and was dirty.
Breakfast was terrible, can hardly call a breakfast.
Wireless internet only works if you have a room close to the front desk.
Parking lot is very small.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Spanish Fork, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

We booked 2 rooms for a saturday night stay. We booked the room online for a rate of 69.00 plus tax. My husband and brother in law went to check in and I stayed in the car with the sleeping kiddos. When there was no sight of them 20 minutes later ( we were the only car in the parking lot) I went in to check on them. Upon entering the hotel I was hit with a extremly gross smell!! The smell was a combination or spicy food and unclean bodies! It was awful!! My husband and brother in law wer trying to explain to the clerk that they needed to check in. The clerk did not speak ANY english!! It was so frustrating, finally the manager came up front and tried to help. He said he would not honor our online reservation! The manager stated (well i think that is what he said, he spoke very little english) that we pushed the wrong button when confirming our reservation online and the rate would be 99.00 plus tax. My husband asked him to show him on the computer were he pushed the wrong button. we had our confirmation sheet and everything, the manager refused. The manger was RUDE! I have never been treated like that, telling us we were trying to rip him off etc. It had now been 35 minutes and things were starting to get heated! I was sensing a fit coming walked next door to the holiday inn (Very very good service here) asked if they had rooms and had completly checked in without a reservation in less than 5 minutes. They even honored on online rate!! I went back to the super 8 to get my husband and brother in law and they were NO closer to checking in!! I can't say anything about the rooms because we couldn't get past the lobby. The pool as well as the entire exterior of the hotel looked really rundown and scary!!

Save yourself the time, money and high blood pressure and stay anywere else, preferably at the Holiday Inn next door- They were all very delightful!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2008

The Super 8 didn't offer anything you will not get at a motel 6 for a much lower rate.

The promised Super Start breakfast was just a very basic continental breakfast (only toast and jelly).

Reception wasn't very welcoming, and the whole impression was poor.

Price itself is a quite depressing town alltogether. Not one decent Restaurant could be found, only junk food tents full of yelling children. Regretted to have stopped here.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Moab, Ut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2007

The overall experience was much better than I was led to believe. Lack of choice was why I made a reservation here and expectations were low. The check in was quick and efficient. The young lady was friendly, courteous, and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable. Everything we needed was in the room.
My only complain would be that they need a better parking lot. When we returned late at night, it was difficult to find a place to park and it was snowing. It also would have been nice to have softer towels.

• Liked — The comfortable bed and the high shower head
  • Disliked — The bathroom by the entrance
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2006

I didn't end up staying there because the clerk was so rude on the phone! I'm glad I didn't now, after reading the other reviews. I ended up staying at the Greenwell Inn, a very very nice hotel in downtown Price, UT. And their rooms were cheaper! $50.00 compared to $65.00! Super 8, get a new clerk! Someone who will be kind and courteous to your customers!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't go here!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orange County, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2006

Only stay here if you have nowhere else to stay. The Holiday Inn next door was $20 a night more, but I am sure it is worth it. The room is dirty and run down.

I paid $60 for this room.....and it still fell below expectations. I would put it below a Motel 6 as the bathroom was dirty and the towels and linens were horrible.

Stayed August 2006

Been to Super 8 Price? Share your experiences!