“U will regret it if U stay here! Unsafe conditions, noise (read on)...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Payson
Joseph, Oregon
“U will regret it if U stay here! Unsafe conditions, noise (read on)...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This Hotel is without a doubt the most dangerous, loud, crowded (rooms, parking lots f/other area residents sharing the pool and work crews) I have ever experienced! I have tried for over a month now to contact the management who seems to be constantly on vacation. Choice Hotels, the chain which it belongs too can't even get them or their management on the phone. The floor in our bathroom required shoes just to step in for a second because the floors were so very slick, the "filter" in the A/C, Heating, Fan unit was so old that when you turned the fan itself on you could smell the mold. If you used the A/C (it was over 100 degrees), it didn't regulate itself, so the temprature in the tiny room would vary 15 degrees in either direction all night. We had no maid service any day and constantly had to call the front desk to just get toilet paper and found that basically the hotel staff was one person at the front desk and two maids that came in for 4 hours a day max. When you called the front desk, it rang and rang and rang. My husband slipped in the shower and fell full length out landing on one shoulder and his head but no one would answer the front desk phone. When made aware of the situation, they didn't write up any form of an "incident report", offer to call 911 or help in any way. We were literally stuck there because of their neglegence! If you want to share the hotel pool with everyone in the neighborhood (who for a small fee could use the pool) that jumped in filthy with whatever clothes they had on and toddlers without any clothing and put up with occassional "poop" in the pool, please enjoy yourselves. The list of complaints is endless, but my 2 biggest questions are 1.) why won't the management return my calls and complaints all filed formally after 3+ weeks? and 2.) the most worrisome to me is that Choice Hotel's, the parent company, can't even contact them? They tried to get a three way call going and all the customer service supervisor got was a phone that just rang and rang. I am partial to Choice Hotels and in this current economic worldwind of hotels being bought up by other hotel chains and chains being purchased by chains I came to rely on two basic hotels for stays other than "elite" hotels where you go to enjoy the hotel and cost much, much more. They were Choice Hotel's and Holiday Inn business Inn's. I have traveled all over this country and Canada and Choice became my Choice because they were everywhere and I had never been disappointed. I found out that Choice Hotel's are all franchises. We weren't the first people that had complained, they had frequent major complaints that I found out later were all known to Choice Hotel's yet Choice Hotel keeps renewing their franchise contract! Why should a decent, large hotel chain put up with a hotel that has law suite after lawsuite and pulls their good name down? PLEASE, STAY NORTH OR SOUTH OF PAYSON, UT. You won't regret the extra drive if there even is an extra drive. The following night after we left that Quality Inn, we took a chance and stayed at a different one in Twin Falls,ID. It was exactly what I would have expected from the one in Payson, UT. Absolutely no offer of compensation was made or has been made.

Room Tip: I can't say that there are any "good" rooms. Just stay at another hotel! If you need...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bicknell, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was in the area for a few reasons and could not get a room in Provo/orem area. (at a good hotel anyway) So we got this room, didn't pay alot so it was good for what we got. Nice pool, my son used it more then I did. Breakfast was better then some places I stayed.
As we were leaving we did see a BIG spider in the bathroom and when I was looking under the beds to make sure we didn't leave anything I found trash that was not ours, but I didn't feel like the room was dirty in anyway. Overall I would stay again if I could not get a room in Provo/Orem again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Socorro, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This motel is a good bargain and is well maintained.
It has one of the best pool/spa/saunas you will find.
Waffles as well as biscuits and gravy for breakfast.
There is a Subway next door and a fine golf course 5 minutes away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Idaho Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed here and I wasn't expecting much because of some of the reviews. I was pleasantly surprised! It was a 3 star hotel with a nice breakfast, very clean room and very clean pool and pool area! I travel very often for work and this hotel exceeded my expectations! Thank you Quality Inn for restoring faith in your chain!

• Stayed June 2013
Solon, Iowa, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

First i'll give you the bright points of this hotel. The beds were comfortable & the pool was nice. Ok that's the only 2 good points! Our shower wouldn't drain until I finally had to put a stir stick in the tub handle to hold it down. Next the Free breakfast was the most horrible, non edible meal I've ever seen! First the eggs, when we turned them over they were green, so we decided to go the safe route with waffles, they wouldn't come out of the waffle maker probably because they wanted the guests to use a water substance for cooking spray. We finally got a ripped apart waffle out of the maker & went to put butter on them & it was a strange color. After a few hours my Mother & I were really sick. We complained to the lady at the desk & she was completely nasty to us saying we couldn't get sick from their food because it takes longer then that for food poisoning! My Mother has been in food service for years & contacted a friend who is a diatition & she said it was totally possible for us to get sick that fast!! Finally I like to workout on a daily basis & when I went in to the fitness room I walked in & turned right back around & left!!! Come on UPDATE your fitness room, maybe a treadmill with a motor would help!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Marysvale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was very disappointed in this hotel. We've enjoyed other Quality Inns, but this one just doesn't measure up. Payson is a very small community in Utah County, which is about 15 mins South of Provo, a bigger city. If possible, stay in Provo...the rates were lower...

The room was not clean, and we had to call the front desk to get housekeeping to clean the bathroom. The girl that checked us in came to the room with a spray bottle of cleaner and a towel. She wiped out the bathtub, which had black hairs in it...then left. The next day, while trying to shower, I noticed I couldn't keep a consistent temperature in the water...very frustrating.

We were charged more for this room than any other Quality Inn we've stayed in...and it is "off season". We didn't bother with the breakfast, we just left.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Antioch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I don't think we have stayed in many Quality Inns but after staying here, we might change our minds. Our experience started off with one of the nicest desk clerks you could ever come across. She was professional yet friendly and very knowledgeable about the area. She directed us to a great restaurant in town which we thoroughly enjoyed. The pool was outstanding and at just the right temperature as was the whirlpool. They were also equipped with his and hers saunas as well as a weight room with more than just 2 machines. The beds are very comfortable and the breakfast was great. There was absolutely nothing to complain about here and almost everything to brag about.

Room Tip: Seems to me they are all good rooms. A/C was quiet and even though we were close to the street ther...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!