“Clean and refurbished, great pool/spa!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Parowan
Western New York
“Clean and refurbished, great pool/spa!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We arrived hot and tired after a day of travels. We were given friendly service and a quick check-in. We were inadvertently given a smoking room, which was quickly changed without a problem. The room was spacious with at-door parking. It had been refurbished and had a nice king-size bed.
We decided to go relax in their pool and spa area, which is located in a separate new building so it can be enjoyed year-round. The pool was heated and a perfect temperature, the jacuzzi was large and felt wonderful that evening!
Breakfast included scrambled egg patties and sausage patties, along with cereal, pastries, and waffles to make.
We would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Panama City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Like most people we used this the night before a ski trip to Brianhead. It's nothing fancy and the rooms are simple and motel-ish. But all I needed was a clean place to sleep for a good price. That's what I got. I would stay here again to shorten the drive from Vegas the night before skiing.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Seaside, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I'm not sure where some of the positive reviewers are used to staying, but I can only say that they need to up their standards if they are leaving <i>positive</i> reviews on this property.

While on a trip including Bryce Canyon, we booked this room for two nights on the fly during our trip via Wyndham Rewards. As we pulled into the parking lot, my wife and I looked at each other and simultaneously said "we're canceling the second night here".

Let's start with that parking lot... It is so broken up and unmaintained that it is actually dangerous to walk on at night, the uneven surface and cracks, broken asphalt and chunks of rock, being likely to twist, if not break, an ankle, if not careful.

The lobby smelled musty and moldy.

The room we were put in upstairs smelled, had carpeting that appeared to have been in use since the Great Depression (worn, stained, and smelly). In addition, literally the entire floor sagged, gave, and creaked as we walked about in both the room and the bathroom. Fortunately, we found that there was no one below us this night, or I am sure that they would have been most unhappy with the noise from above, even though we always try to be good upstairs neighbors (having been below bad ones in the past and knowing what it is like).

The beds were uncomfortable, with creaky springs in the mattresses, and the only good thing was that there were already extra pillows in the room.

Morning was not much better. The continental breakfast was a joke. The "batter" for the waffles was so thin it had no body at all, and spurted out of the dispenser all over the counter. The sausage patties looked like dried hockey pucks, and the "egg patties" - well, suffice it to say we passed on those too. They looked like yellow cow chips. We stuck to cold cereal, dispenser orange juice, and a banana, not wishing to risk any of the rest.

Sleep in your car, save some money, and be better off rather than staying at this property

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was a stopover, one night stay on an extended road trip, and it was just terrible! I wouldn't let the kids take their shoes off in the room because the floors were so yucky. The bathrooms weren't any better. The people were really nice, but everything else was just awful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We've stayed at this motel six times in the past 3 years. This time in room 121. It is a great thing to get a nights sleep at an altitude of 6000 feet before skiing at above 9000 feet. It's 15 miles closer to Brian Head ski resort than Cedar City and can be had for about $80 (with taxes) which is only a little more than a 2 1/2 star in Cedar. However it now goes on my watch list.

Good things: WiFi clocked in at 550 Kb/s at 7:30PM. I was able to stream Netflix which I've only been able to do at about 1% of hotels I've stayed at since there was WiFi (300+ nights). The rooms are very clean and there were no smells. Breakfast (if you beat the ravenous ski crowd who decimates the hot food which does get replaced ) is very good and included eggs and sausage as well as bananas, cereals to include oatmeal, breads, muffins, bagels and lots of stuff to smear on them. Plasticware but what do you expect for $80. TV had lots of channels and was clear on all. Indoor pool and spa is very nice, only wish it was open later during ski season because by the time you get off the slopes and eat you only have a few minutes left. Fortunately the nice people at the desk who are supposed to boot us out gave us an extra 10 minutes which helped loosen the sore muscles. And their morning staff was great as well.

Not quite perfect: A/C had to run all night (it was 17 degrees F outside) and was not very quiet and buzzed when the compressor was running. I always give bad marks for units that run the fan even when not heating (or cooling) the room so this this one drops them 1/2 a point. We did have a bunch of people come in late that parked in front of our door. They were noisy outside (maybe some replacement windows should be on their to do list) but once in the building we didn't hear them at all.

And my gripe... The bed needs to be replaced. There was major sag on the bathroom side from people sitting on the unit. I ended up putting 7 books and the lid of an ice chest under the edge to get it back to where I didn't roll on the floor. I reduced my rating another full point for the bad bed. I've never had an issue in this property before and really hope this is a one time bad thing. We were in a rush up the mountain so I missed mentioning the bed to the desk in the morning. My fault but I hope the GM reads these reviews.

I'll be back but I have only so much patience.

By the way... The skiing was great which applies much salve to a bad experience!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
park city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Upon arrival in Parowan, we had to drive a couple miles east of town to locate the hotel; no big deal. This place was relatively inexpensive and I booked it last minute. Looked it up on the Brian Head Resort website and took advantage of the ski package deals, money saver. When i arrived the staff was very helpful and polite. I got a ground floor room and it was very nice and neat. the room smelled good which is a great bonus. But room had a old decor paint, bed was great. We use the pool and hot tub, which was very clean and warm. Nothing much in town most of the restaurants close early, so we had to drive to cedar city for food which was 20 mins away. The breakfast was nice- there was a waffle maker and hard boiled eggs in addition to the normal continental offerings. Other requests were met with equal professionalism and positiveness. Would definitely come again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I arrived at Days Inn today, Feb. 2, 2012 and checked out an hour later!! The front desk clerk (owner) initially assigned me to room #117. It wasn't until after I left the office and was pulling in front of the room that he came jogging out of the office to catch me. Evidently he missed the "yes" check box indicating I had a pet. He informed me that I had to take a different room (112) which was one of their "pet" rooms. I immediately asked if the room stunk and he claimed it did not smell as bad as the other "pet" room. Not only was room 112 old and lacking, it smelled of urine!! Approximately 10 minutes later, I called the front desk and asked for a different room but was told I had to wait until tomorrow since I already brought my puppy inside the room. I could take no more, so at the 30 minute mark I called the front desk and told them I was checking out. They actually charged me a full nights stay! I can't be the first pet owner to complain of their disgusting rooms. My 6 lb puppy is our "baby boy" and for sure to be cleaner and better potty trained than most Days Inn patrons! Lost my business!! There is an additional $15.00 per night charge for pets, so realistically they make more money off the pet owners and place them in the worse rooms.

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Days Inn Parowan? Share your experiences!