“Great Deal For the Price!” 4 of 5 stars

Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1800 Park Avenue, Park City, UT 84060   |
Ranked #37 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Provo, UT
“Great Deal For the Price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In recent months, the Yarrow has been going through a major renovation and there have been quite a few negative reviews. The renovation is nearly complete and, although I don't find the new style of the hotel to specifically be to my liking, it is certainly a nice upgrade and there should be few reasons for negative reviews going forward. The story is that this hotel will soon be a Garden Inn, so that is one of the main drivers of the renovation. Even with all the renovation, there is still a bit of a tired feel to some parts of the hotel, as you can't replace everything. One example is the hot tub near the pool. But there are many positives that outweigh any potential negatives. The new beds are extremely comfortable, and the rooms are quite comfortable. The location is excellent. I tried out the exercise room and found brand-new equipment there and quite a bit of space. The number of machines may prohibit too many from taking advantage, however. There is a small fridge in each room. The year-round pool is a lot of fun--my kids thought it amazing that they were swimming when it was only 40 degrees outside and there was steam arising from the very warm water. In short, my kids had no qualms whatsoever about the hotel stay. In short, you get a great value deal with this hotel, at least at the current price level. We shall see if the price changes once ownership is transferred to a major hotel chain.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dave,

Thank you very much for pointing many positives about our hotel and service. We truly appreciate that effort. I wanted to make sure that readers of this review know that the Yarrow will actually be DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel and that the ownership will not change. Thank you again and hope to be of future service to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went skiing in March and stayed at the Yarrow. It is a huge sprawling hotel. The GM kindly upgraded us to a king suite which was stunning. Big huge room, with a sleeper sofa in the sitting room. Bathroom had double sinks, and the shower area and toilet is separate. Beds were extremely comfortable. I think of all the hotels we stayed at on our trip (we stayed at 5 different hotels including a Hilton) this was the best. We did love the room but the only minus point about it is that the one and only heater is located only in the sitting room. So in order to warm the bedroom, the sitting area gets extremely hot while the bedroom is warmed marginally.

Room had free wifi and the signal was good. Huge free car park as well. There is a ski valet right in the front of the hotel so you don't have to lug your equipment all the way to the rooms.

The hotel is right next to a bus-stop that will bring you to any of the ski resorts. So definitely not ski in ski out but convenient enough. There is also a Burger King and Starbucks literally right next door.

Sadly we had an issue with one of the parcels that we had delivered to the hotel. We had several parcels and partially it was my fault for not remembering all my shipments. Anyway one shipment was missed and by the time the staff alerted me to it we had left the country already. :(

Having said that, I would return to the Yarrow again if I were in the area.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Hello there,
Thank you so much for staying with us and writing about your stay. I am glad you liked the suite and really hope to see you again. Last I heard is that Krystal contaced you to mail out your packages and they were returned per your instructions. I am happy that we could assist in resolving that challenge.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

I don't travel a lot but have stayed at the Yarrow for convenience a couple times. Before the renovation, the rooms were not that great and I'd consistently wake up through the night. Maybe I'm just a light sleeper? The last time I stayed though, I slept through the night without a single disturbance. It must be the new beds, they are very comfortable and not even the rising sun was enough to make me stir from my slumber.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Hey WhitePaw,
What a pleasure reading your review. Beds are brand new as 99% of everything else in hotel. I am pleased to learn that you liked our beds. They are actually exclusive Hilton brand made here locally. Please do come back for the round of some good sleap.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

My son and I visited Park City to ski over his spring break. This hotel is newly renovated, and is located almost exactly between the Park City and Canyons ski resort. The staff was friendly, and accommodations were very comfortable. Great beds, clean rooms, and nice hot tub and pool area. With the perfect location, free parking, and reasonable rate, what else could you need?

Room Tip: Outside rooms tend to be noisy, close to a supermarket parking lot or busy streets. See if you can...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Knitwitleah,
Thanks for the nice review about our hotel. We are proud of renovations and our staff. We will wait for your soon return.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2015

Awesome hotel really nice and the staff is super friendly definitely a must stay place if you are in park city
They just remodeled and ohhhhh boy it is NICE!!! Can't wait for my next visit!.
Easy access to and from the main street and the hotel resturant is pretty good as well.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 27, 2015
JJbateman,
We are so glad you enjoyed stay and your time here. It is exiting to hear that the changes renovation brought are well perceived. See you soon.
Sandy, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2015

I held an event at the Yarrow during the Sundance Film Festival, as I did the year before. I was amazed to see how beautiful the facility was after being completely renovated. Erica Warner, our Conference Service Manager, was exceptional! She handled all the details and made our panel huge success.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear Suemac,

Thank youfor your business and writing about our nice hotel. I think that you should swingby and check us out as many, many things have changed since January
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

My friend and I stayed here for a "mommy retreat" and had a great stay. Krystal took care of our check-in quickly and easily. Both she and Rachelle were very helpful and accommodating. Glen, the bellman, was very helpful and friendly, making sure we found all that we needed. Roxanne, the concierge, was so pleasant and personable while providing recommendations for local eateries.
We enjoyed the jacuzzi and had a pleasant breakfast in the on-site restaurant. The beds were comfortable and the room was inviting.
We definitely will stay again in a couple months to recharge - and bring along a few more friends.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
gmyarrow, Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 24, 2015
Hi Tiffany,

Thank you for the great review. Now that our remodeling is insignificant and for the most part done, we can sure use reviews as yours. Entire staff was delighted to be of service and we all hope to see you back at the Yarrow.

Been to Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!