“Great location, not so great everything else...” 2 of 5 stars

Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1800 Park Avenue, Park City, UT 84060   |
Ranked #33 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great location, not so great everything else...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed here on the same weekend 2 years in a row and had basically the exact same experience both times.

1. The hot tub was unavailable - last year it had just been shocked and this year it was under construction.

2. Super, super loud drunk guests right outside my room at 1 am. The crazy part is that both times the loud drunk guests acted like I was the one in the wrong when I asked them to take the party elsewhere. Since I'm not the only person who has had the "drunks in hallaway" experience, I'm guessing it's probably the norm.

3. The room is just not that nice. We had 2 mini fridges - kinda weird.

The "hotel" is in a great location, but I probably won't stay here again. I think it's just a party hotel.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear MGladding,

Thank you for finding the time to write about your stay at the Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center. I apologize that Hot Tub was not available but I have just returned from the pool area and we are going to fill our resurfaced hot tub today. We have also installed brand new heater and improved some lighting in the hot tub. I am sorry this was not done sooner but I am sure that it will Improve experience of the future guests. While I understand that you were disturbed by some loud guests, I hope you know that we could have resolved this quickly if we received a call. I have checked our service logs and could not find a call in regards to noise. I truly wish you would come back after remodeling and give us another chance as I am confident that we can display exceptional service and product.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed at this hotel Labor Day weekend. The staff was friendly and made us feel very welcomed. When we arrived to the room, we were very pleased to have a have a kitchenette and a sliding glass door that opened to the pool. It was a great atmosphere. I loved that we had access to the court yard with a patio. This hotel is a little older but I would definitely stay there again. I saw signs saying they were going to remodel and can't wait to stay here after the renovation. I would definitely recommend this hotel, great place for a great price.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Shannon,

Thank you for the nice review and time to write about your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The girls and I had a night out in PC and absolutely enjoyed our stay at the Yarrow! Krystal check us in and was very polite and made several suggestions for dinner. Al at the bar was great and made great suggestions for Main Street. The hotel is going through a remodel and we were fortunate enough to see the one rooms that has been remodeled. The Yarrow will be beautiful once completed. Can't wait to see the finished project! The Yarrow is a prime location right by the city buss that takes you wherever you would like to go in Park City! We will definitely be back to visit the Yarrow again!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Love To Travel,

Thank you. Fantastic review.... We will make sure Krystal is recognized for the fine service she provided.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We would like to thank Garret for the great deal for one night at the Yarro Hotel in Park City. We were able to have a fantastic night with friends and end it with a great rate for a stay at the Yarro Hotel. Great service! Thank you Garret!

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Ryan,

Both Garret and the team are pleased to read about the nice comments you wrote about your stay and our service.
West Haven, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Although the Yarrow is under construction, there was no noise and the service was exceptional. The room was comfortable with a kitchenette and a lovely view of the pool. The location is ideal and we were able to walk to where we had dinner.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Abby,

Thank you for writing about your stay. It is a pleasure to read your comments about our service. See you soon.
Salt Lake City, UT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am accustom to a wide variety of hotel conditions, but this one was the worst I have stayed in since 2006, and working for an airline I travel A LOT! The front desk staff was GREAT. No complaints about them. The room was satisfactory visually. However, the air conditioner, a wall unit, turned on about every 12 minutes with a frightening clatter. Although I set it at at cool 62, the room did not seem to get below a toasty 70 until I just opened the window and took the risk of someone crawling in being at ground level with no screen in the giant window. The light from the hallway shone in from 2 sides like rays of sunshine. I had to get up again and lay the extra blankets along the floor to block out the bright light. There were people screaming and yelling in the hallway at all hours of the night, they sounded quite drunk. This is no fault of the hotel of course, but quite an annoyance. The bed was very hard, the pillows as well. There was no getting comfortable, and this is coming from someone who has actually slept on top of a large hard shell suitcase, using my hard shell carry on and a sweat shirt as a pillow. To top it off house keeping began knocking almost 2 HOURS before check out. I had the "privacy please" tag inserted in the key slot, but it did not keep the next housekeeper from trying to open the door before I could respond. When she realized the chain was preventing her from coming in she closed the door quickly with no apology, just telling the other house keeper in the hall that "there are people in there", as if she were surprised. I called the front desk asking if I had mistaken check out time. She apologized and gave me a late check out for the disturbances. Unfortunately the call to the desk did no good. I was woken by yet another 4 housekeepers and one more attempt to come in with their key before I checked out early. They also vacuum in front of my door twice in the remaining time I tried to sleep. Upon check in the night prior I was also informed the restaurant and the hot tub were "not in order". Overall my quick escape to the mountains for a holiday evening left me coming home early for a nap to recover from a horrible "get away".

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello Nationaltraveler,
Thank you for making us a part of your travel plans. We do thank you for writing about experience at the Yarrow Hotel. Reviews like yours help us reveal areas that we could improve at. Sorry that loud guests at the corridor kept you awake. We wanted you to know that hotel did react timely and had brought this party to the end. Unfortunately they did wake you up before our intervention. Thank you for mentioning great Front Desk staff and service. Please accept our apology that the hot tub and kitchen were under the renovation and not accessible during your stay. We hope you will give us another chance and come to check the changes we will make to Yarrow.
Lubbock, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

No breakfast, not even a restaurant, no signs you can hang out for privacy, and eager room cleaner knocking at 8:30 a.m.--forget this one. The room was clean, the bed was fine, the AC a bit loud, the bathroom tiny and with a sad shower--and the hallways were smelly and there was nothing about this motel (excuse me, HOTEL) that would recommend it in my view. Thankfully it was paid for by the company, but it is about as blue collar as they come--not to be snobbish, just for lack of a better adjective. Save up you pennies and go to a REAL hotel, maybe even one with breakfast and a restaurant.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Diving Cyclist,

You must have been here during the Tour Of Utah based on your Tripadvisor screen name. Thank you for writing about us.I am sorry that you did not have Do Not Disturb Sign in your room. Undisturbed sleep is an essential part of good hotel stay. Yes, we missed the sign and I apologize for that. However, I wanted you to know that our staff would have been delighted to bring another one to you if you just let us know. We are undergoing remodeling which is why our restaurant was closed. We should be able to get it back in line very soon. Our exciting renovation are going to address many items and some of those you mentioned in your review. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to see you back here at the Yarrow hotel soon.

Been to Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!