“Wonderful Location, Quiet Room, Reasonable Pricing” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Stay More, Save More
Ranked #34 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Darfur, Minnesota
“Wonderful Location, Quiet Room, Reasonable Pricing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

They are in construction mode but we didn't hear noise, our room was clean, beds great and a/c worked and it's priced well. Shuttle out front to DT shops and dining establishments.

This was our 2nd stay at this hotel while traveling thru the area and we'd return again. I'm picky on the beds and cleanliness of a room.and this yarrow was perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Hey Tanya,

Thank you for coming back to stay with Yarrow. I am glad your stay was satisfactory and I hope to see you again.

Andreo Girardi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This hotel is under some much needed updating and reno, but we had no issues with construction or noise. We were in Park City for a show at the Deer Valley lodge, so the location was very good. Compaired to other hotels in town, price was great. We were only there for a short time, so were not interested in using the hot tub or other amenities that were closed for reno. We appreciated the Starbucks opened weekend mornings!! A great start to our day of traveling home.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hello Inkee,

Thank you for the review. I am glad you had a nice time in Park City and I sure hope to see you again.
Taylorsville, Utah, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Everything is so run down and old. When paying what you pay each night I would expect more. Staff is not very friendly, they keep to themselves which is not helpful when you are visiting. We were very disappointed. The hot tub and gym were closed which we had looked forward to using, the power was out for several hours (which in July is uncomfortable because you need the a/c), and the hotel flooded over night. We had hoped for a relaxing get a way and wished we had saved they money and just stayed home. We will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Hi Taylor,
It seems that you expected newer product and more amenities. I apologize you did not find exactly that. However, reason we did not have all amenities you expected is because we are remodeling and soon you will be able to stay at the hotel that will look just as new. We have completed our model room so please if you are in the area (Seems that you are from Taylorsville), please swing by and take a look at the product we will have ready soon.
I am sorry that we lost power during your stay but I hope you know that we don't have any control over that. The power was down not only in our hotel but entire block was affected. Thank you again for review and I hope you will change your mind and give us another chance to serve you.
Loomis, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Yes, the hotel is undergoing renovations. Yes the hot tub and fitness center are closed, as are the in house restaurant. The bar is open however. A disclaimer on Priceline would have been appreciated, especially after driving twelve hours. We were anxious to get into our room and settle in but the key was inoperative. Here is where they stepped up. We were given a nice suite and a promise of a future stay, which we will take them up on after the renovations. Good customer service in my opinion. I would have rated the place higher but it was undergoing major renovations.

• Stayed July 2014
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Hey Dan,

I am glad you are satisfied with the resolution. Room 161 was much better that your original one anyway. I expected to receive your email today but I haven't seen it yet. Please send me your contact. Thank you for the review.
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Understand, as a relative local, I didn't expect a lot from this hotel. I'd been here for Sundance Films a few times, so I knew by the lobby and other areas this wasn't luxury.

However, I'd won a free night at a business event, and we decided to make a day of it, escaping the heat of Salt Lake Valley. Plus, lucky me, I had a Spa Day planned in Park City.

My husband checked in, and unfortunately it had started raining, so his poolside time was cut short. Noticing that many rooms had balconies, and there were clearly many, many empty rooms, he inquired at the front desk about a change. He was brusquely told "not until after 8 pm, and there is an extra charge"

That apparently was the good part. While the room was relatively clean, it was in need of decorating help. There was a sofa, but no end table. The lamps all used the CFL bulbs, and while I am very eco-conscious and have converted my home to LED bulbs, the CFL bulbs do not allow anyone to read. Many hotels offer at least one reading light, but not this one.

The hot tub wasn't working for unspecified reasons, also a bummer.

The biggest challenge was the constant construction noise in our part of the hotel. Really? You had to put us where they were working--all day on Sunday, no less. A mostly empty hotel, and we had to have a crappy view, no balcony and listen to construction noise.

But, to top it all off, the construction crew set off the fire alarm about 7:30 pm. That was it--we'd had it, and decided to check out and head home.

Then it really got interesting. I'd been thinking we got less than great service as it was a freebie, but not so. The fire department arrived when I got to the lobby, and the front desk guy didn't even know the alarm had gone off--made me wonder overall about safety. I did confirm it, and the firemen had to wait about 10 minutes for the engineer to show.

Worse, while this was going on, the guy was giving a couple a very hard time about their reservation. It was showing, and the man had paid--possibly through Priceline. But, the desk guy was saying it didn't show paid, and he was insisting the only way they could get a room was to pay $40 more for the room and pay the whole thing up front.

I told my clerk why we were leaving, and he was actually pretty nice. I also told he and the couple that they needed to give that couple our complimentary room. I probably made them squirm, but they were treating that couple like dirt.

Our nice relaxing summer evening was a bust.

I will say that for a budget ski vacation, this probably isn't all too awful, but make sure you get a room with a balcony. Otherwise, it's dark, dank and not really pleasant.

Room Tip: Only get one with a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Joan,

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment at out hotel. Clearly, we could have done many things much better to meet your needs and provide better service. I wanted to use this opportunity to try to explain few things. I know that you are not seeking explanations but other site visitors might read this and get wrong picture about our hotel. While your assessment about some empty rooms might be correct, please know that we have amount of rooms on not rentable status due to remodeling. This would also explain the Hot Tub and fire alarm that sounded while we attempted to spray paint wall close to the smoke detector. Please accept my sincere apology and rest assured that your concerns will be addressed.
General Manger
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Front desk staffer Deirdre Laverty was the best thing about the hotel. The hotel itself is ready for it's upcoming remodel. I would have left if I hadn't been staying there for a conference located at the hotel. With great staff like Deirdre and their location, I can't wait to stay there after the remodel.

Room Tip: Some rooms have desks and others have tables. If you have need of one or the other, you need to ask...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Hi Wendy,

Thank you for the review. It is super nice that you are writing about our service efforts. Deirdre is certainly one of the leaders in providing the exceptional service you were finding through the property. Good news is that our remodeling already started and while it could have impacted your stay, entire staff (and community) are waiting to do the same you mentioned in your email. They all want to see new and remodeled Yarrow product.
Park City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Renovations are taking place in the building starting with the hot tub, (drained and out of order) and the workout room which is two machines at the moment, until there main room is re-done is limited. So that being said- its summer and this would be the season to deal with such things. The hotel is out of date, in serious need of new carpets, improved lighting, new furniture, new in room ac units and some new paint. Restaurant is closed for renovations as well. That being said - here's the good part... the service.

I actually found the service to be extremely helpful, as they were able to move us in early after our stay at another hotel. From the bartender to the manager, who helped me with early check in, All in all, I have to say the staff is exceptional and the management appears to be taking the necessary steps to improve the hotel in off season.

Dierdre (I believe is her name) was exceptionally helpful. Needing assistance photo scanning a project, she spent every effort to help me get it to a client. She made sure everything was done correctly. My partner found food crumbs in one of our beds, so apparently the beds hadn't been turned over. Mistakes happen. Dierdre immediately upgraded us out of the room, to a new suite. Again -exceptional service.

Dear SFG,

Thank you for choosing Yarrow Hotel. Based on your profile, it seems that you are from Park City and most likely familiar with our property. We are certainly on the good way to change the look and feel of old good Yarrow. Soon, we will be able to provide superior product and improve our service as well. Than you for noticing service efforts of our management staff as well as line level employees. Please accept my apology if the renovations impacted your experience.
Andreo Girardi

Been to Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!