“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Brigham City, Utah
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Received a great last minute rate on this hotel. Loved the comfortable bed and room. The night we stayed the parking lot was full of highway patrol officers-must have been some type of conference. We felt very protected! Within walking distance of old town. Staff was very friendly and helpful in locating the field where our grandson was playing Lacrosse. Would staff here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Hi Kopilot1,

Please, allow me to thank you for the nice review. I am not sure when you stayed bud we did host several events for the Utah Highway Patrol Officers so I know exactly how does it feel to "feel safe". They are really just a nice crowd and we are always glad to have them at the property. Thank you for mentioning our friendly and helpful staff. That is one thing we have full control over and I am glad you noticed how nice they were. Please come and stay with us again.

Andreo Girardi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Sparks, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Check in was easy. Room is spacious. Requested a frig and received it. Gym is under renovation and the space and equipment they allocated for working out is very poor. Spa is under reno, too. However, the hotel itself is looking a bit old.

When a friend was checking in and requested a room with 2 queens, she was met with extremely poor customer service - The clerk even questioned her parenting ability!

Location is good - walking distance to restaurants and grocery store. Also close to a running trail.

If I were to go back, I would look for a different hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Hey Sparks,

Thank you for finding the time out of your busy schedule to write about your experience at Yarrow Hotel. You noticed that we are remodeling and I am so excited to inform that the changes are going to be fantastic. I apologize that the renovation interfered with the comfort of your stay. We have made several changes in the staffing at the Front Desk and had refresher training session on check in and out process. Than you so much for pointing this in your review.
Pocatello
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

The location of the hotel can't be beat. Walking distance to restaurants and grocery store. The hotel is dated, and half of it was under construction while we were there (no hot tub, restaurant, and part of the parking lot), we were not informed of this when the reservation was made. Some of the group I was with said their smoke alarms in their rooms went off for no apparent reason. The staff was very friendly. Would stay again if the price was right, but If I could find a better deal at another hotel I would probably try it.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Hi JBY11,

Thank you for reviewing Hotel Yarrow at Tripadvisor. As you indicated, we have the best location in Park City. You noticed that we are remodeling and we will soon show our entire new look. It was nice from you to comment on our well trained and very friendly staff. Sorry again if you expected more amenities but thank you for mentioning that you would stay again if the price was right. We are confident that after remodeling we will add so much value for your money spend that the price will be right and we will se you again.
Ontario, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is my second time staying at the Yarrow and both times have been really nice. Free parking, big king size room, and really nice staff. Restaurant and spa were under re-modeling so that was a bummer, but the bar was open and fun, and tender gave us a couple of nice recommendation for dinner. Great location and for Park City, very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Deluxe King room are great for size and comfort.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Markj4golf,

Thank you for making us a part of your traveling plans and experience. Seems that this is actually a second time. It is nice to hear that staff gave you some alternative locations for your dinner during the time our restaurant is closed.
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

So, I didn't actually book this hotel. I originally booked the Best Western Plus down the street but was walked to Park City Peaks hotel who then walked us to the Yarrow Hotel. The hotel, physically is average, below average for Park City when you look at comparable hotels. But, the rooms were clean and everything worked so I can't complain too much. However, what really got me was the poor service I experienced.

Check-in was average, but it was 2:00 a.m. in the morning when I checked-in due to the eight hour drive from Las Vegas. It was smooth and efficient the agent that night helped me settle everything due to being walked to the property.

My biggest complaint is with the front desk agent Deirdre Laverty, who, according to "Andrea R's" review below who has only left one review and only talks about how great Deirdre is and nothing about the hotel makes me believe it's fake. Anyways, I went to the front desk because my keys had been deactivated and she answered the phone when I was walking up to the desk. Instead of putting the guest on the phone on hold, I had the pleasure of waiting 10 minutes for her to complete an ENTIRE reservation in front of me. It was extremely annoying and horrible customer service; all front desk agents know to assist guests at the desk FIRST before helping guests on the phone. Then, after she finishes the never-ending phone call, she doesn't even apologize to me for the long wait or anything of that nature and has a very annoyed, condescending tone with me. Very disappointing, she is the biggest factor as to why I will never stay at this hotel again.

I would have given this hotel 2 stars had it not been for the great service I experienced with the female agent the next morning.

Here are some more detailsl:

Pros:
- Good price for the location
- Clean rooms
- Working A/C and heater
- Bathroom was clean, albeit small
- I believe all rooms have balconies
- Starbucks on property
- Two gyms (although one is closed)
- Pool was clean

Cons:
- Dated rooms
- No free breakfast
- Restaurant was closed for renovations
- Larger gym closed for renovations
- Jacuzzi closed for renovations
- Front desk agents are hit-or-miss
- Strange smells in some hallways
- Sheets too small for the beds

Hope this helps any future travelers on your next stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Colby,

Sorry to hear you were "walked" from place to place. We are glad you finished your "little trip" at our place. Thank you for describing your stay from the 02.00am check in through listing pros and cons. I would like to apologize for the long wait during the time front desk agent was making reservation for someone else. You are correct. We could have done better. On your list of the cons most items are in the process of addressing. It is just a matter of time when this short disturbance in amenity offerings will result in amenities that are adding value to your future stays. The free breakfast does not fall under this category but it is a idea that we will work on. Again, thank you so much for the time to write this and share your thoughts about our property.
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Just concluded our annual Risk Management Conference at the Yarrow. So impressed with every single employee we worked with. They were pleasant and so accommodating to our requests--even some last minute food changes. They are getting ready to start a major remodel to update the hotel--when complete this will be a first-class resort hotel. Our conference was excellent-- our presenters had exactly what they needed for their presentations thanks to great AV people at the hotel, the kitchen staff went above and beyond--can't say enough nice things about the staff at this hotel-- looking forward to a return trip after their update remodel. Thanks to great staff management!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Jan,
We are excited to learn that your conference was a success again. The best part of your review is reading about the staff as that is the one single thing management has full control over. We thank you for writing about our members going an extra mile and exceeding your expectations. We actually already started our remodeling project and work is done in several areas of the hotel but if you did not notice the difference, that would be another compliment to the staff and crew that performs work. Thank you again,
St. George, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Not bad, I've stayed there three times now. Rooms are clean but dated, off season rates are reasonable. It's only a couple of miles from downtown Park City where there are a couple of great restaurants. Close to a Starbucks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jay,
Thank you for coming back to us three times. We must have done something right to attract you back. We appreciate you finding the time to write about Yarrow hotel. Thank you again and see you soon.
Andreo Girardi,

Been to Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!