So, I didn't actually book this hotel. I originally booked the Best Western Plus down the street but was walked to Park City Peaks hotel who then walked us to the Yarrow Hotel. The hotel, physically is average, below average for Park City when you look at comparable hotels. But, the rooms were clean and everything worked so I can't complain too much. However, what really got me was the poor service I experienced.
Check-in was average, but it was 2:00 a.m. in the morning when I checked-in due to the eight hour drive from Las Vegas. It was smooth and efficient the agent that night helped me settle everything due to being walked to the property.
My biggest complaint is with the front desk agent Deirdre Laverty, who, according to "Andrea R's" review below who has only left one review and only talks about how great Deirdre is and nothing about the hotel makes me believe it's fake. Anyways, I went to the front desk because my keys had been deactivated and she answered the phone when I was walking up to the desk. Instead of putting the guest on the phone on hold, I had the pleasure of waiting 10 minutes for her to complete an ENTIRE reservation in front of me. It was extremely annoying and horrible customer service; all front desk agents know to assist guests at the desk FIRST before helping guests on the phone. Then, after she finishes the never-ending phone call, she doesn't even apologize to me for the long wait or anything of that nature and has a very annoyed, condescending tone with me. Very disappointing, she is the biggest factor as to why I will never stay at this hotel again.
I would have given this hotel 2 stars had it not been for the great service I experienced with the female agent the next morning.
Here are some more detailsl:
- Good price for the location
- Clean rooms
- Working A/C and heater
- Bathroom was clean, albeit small
- I believe all rooms have balconies
- Starbucks on property
- Two gyms (although one is closed)
- Pool was clean
- Dated rooms
- No free breakfast
- Restaurant was closed for renovations
- Larger gym closed for renovations
- Jacuzzi closed for renovations
- Front desk agents are hit-or-miss
- Strange smells in some hallways
- Sheets too small for the beds
Hope this helps any future travelers on your next stay!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yarrow Hotel Park City
- Yarrow Resort Park City
- Yarrow Hotel And Conference Center Park City, Utah