“Not what I expected” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Saratoga Springs, Utah
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We chose this hotel because it was on Groupon and we were only in town for one night. When we drove up my first thought was now I know why it was on sale for $55 a night! It looked more like a Motel 6. The lady at the front desk was friendly but there was much to be desired. The hotel is pretty old but the beds were quite comfortable. The pool was warm but the (what looked like) a pizza box floating in the water was not something I wanted to swim with. The hot tub was full of bugs. Once we got outside to swim the hot tub was being blocked off and out of order. The workout room was also out of order. I was glad we had other things planned. With all that said the hotel was very quite at night and we all slept pretty good after a long day of snowboarding.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Hello There,
Thank you for the review. It seems that you booked a good value deal using Groupon. I am not sure who checked you in at the front desk but please know that I will try to find out and pass your nice feedback to her. Sorry about the pizza box in the pool. I am not sure how it landed there but I remember that day clearly as I removed that box myself during my property walk. I apologize that we have not seen it before you did. It is really unfortunate thing. We are performing some work already and that was the reason why the fitness center was closed. We have trained our front desk staff to inform guests about our temporary fitness center and to offer other solutions. I hope that was done during your check in. Thank you again for the review and I hope to see you soon back at the Yarrow Hotel.
Andreo Girardi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed at The Yarrow at Christmas and were surprised to find the hotel to be completely soul less! The hotel is very dated and tired,our room overlooked the car park,the heating/air con was extremely noisy and the food was bland. Breakfast was limited and each morning when I requested sourdough toast I was told they had either run out or hadn't ordered it. We had dinner in the restaurant one evening and it was served lukewarm. There is also a Starbucks by the restaurant which was hardly ever open especially at the end of a hard ski day when you could use a hot cup of coffee. On the plus side, our room was very clean and the staff were mostly friendly and helpful. The location is excellent with the shuttle stopping just a few yards away and the Fresh Market/Starbucks next door. We will be visitingPark City again but sadly, not staying at The Yarrow.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Annie,
Thank you for choosing Hotel Yarrow. We were delighted to serve you. I am sorry to hear that you perception of our hotel is described as “soul less”. I am glad to inform you that we are going to remodel during this summer and that should address majority of your concerns. You are right. Our building is old and needs some face lift. I wanted to apologize for the quality of the dinner served but in the same time I am very pleased to see that you recognized helpful staff and excellent location. I hope you will give us another chance and come back to see us after remodeling.
West Jordan, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

My company hosted a conference at The Yarrow Hotel and they were nothing less than 5 Star. They are extremely professional, organized, reasonably priced and provide excellent customer service. I have been very happy working with them. I've worked with many hotels and most are not as accommodating to work with. The staff are friendly and professional.

Plus, the restaurant has delicious food and service.

I would recommend everyone to visit and stay at The Yarrow Hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Sandy, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

At 12:15 the smoke alarm began howling, waking us up. Quickly throwing on clothes we hurried outside. When the alarm finally quit we were informed that a guest smoking in their room set it off. I feel that it is understandable that they would like to catch someone disregarding the no smoking policy, however disrupting all the guests, in the middle of the night, to do so was inexcusable. The following morning at 8:30 a.m. the maid beat on our door to ask what time we'd be checking out. Check out time is 11:00 a.m. and guests should never be bothered with the maid checking up on them. Before leaving we decided to get breakfast in the restaurant. My husband ordered oatmeal and I ordered an omelette. The waitress immediately brought my husbands oatmeal, leaving him the choice to let it sit and get cold while we waited for my omelette or having me watch him eat, and then him watch me eat. Not a pleasant dining experience. Surely the staff should know people go to a restaurant to eat TOGETHER.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Sharon,
Thank you for including Yarrow Hotel & Conference Center in your travel plans. Your
comments and suggestions are genuinely appreciated.
Each and every smoke head detector adheres to a rigorous maintenance testing to help ensure
our guests enjoy safe stay. Therefore, I truly regret that the fire alarm interfered with the comfort of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this caused but I want to stress that the fire alarm system is designed to sound when the certain condition are met. Unfortunately, it was late at night when the alarm did exactly what it is created to do. It warned our guest and employees of the possible fire in building. As far as the housekeeping attendant knocking on your door before you left the room, we will make sure to include this challenge in our training topics. Many times our employees relay on usage of do not disturb sign assuming that every guest will use that tool of communication with the staff. And finally, there is really not much I can say about the lack of server knowledge when he/she attempted to serve your orders separately. I can only promise that I will make sure that the appropriate training is in place and that this should never happen again.
Thank you for making us aware of the situation and, again, I apologize for the inconvenience. I hope that you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.
Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed with a ski group at the Yarrow, and it was a mixed bag. The 'fitness facility' was closed for construction and it looked quite small. The hot tub was good and a nice hot temperature (but limited jets) and the pool was very good also.
We had a welcome reception with food that I never saw any of because I was busy fixing a room reservation and by the time I get to the reception room, there wasn't any food left. The breakfast was OK but the food wasn't particularly good.
The hotel was close to bus stops that took you to area ski hills and to town. Location being right next to grocery store was a big asset..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Hi JK:
Thank you for choosing Yarrow Hotel & Conference Center. Ski group you stayed with looked fairly happy every time I would ask members in lobby or in the restaurant. I apologize if this was not a case with you as well. Rest assured that I will investigate and find out what was wrong with your reservation and why it was not just as you intended it to be. Our fitness center was closed for the remodeling but, as you know, we have relocated some equipment to one of our meeting rooms to be able to provide that amenity in spite of the remodeling work. Thank you again for your stay and for the review at this site. We look forward to seeing you again.
Schenectady, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Wanted to share my experience.
Yarrow is nice place, close to the shuttles. My most positive experience was with housekeeping. I had left a pair of expensive prescription sunglasses and they found them under the bed. The houskeeping staff was really helpful getting them back me. Thanks again! Oh, the pool was nice and toasty warm too : )

Peter:
We are glad we could return your glasses. Thank you for finding the time to write about it.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I am sure this places was rocking hot in early 1980 and it still in pretty good shape, however major remodeling will be needed in next 5-7 years, unless owners are going for a rustic look. Service was good, restaurant service is excellent. Location is great (we had a car but still took public transportation cause it seems as easy). Fitness room is going through remodeling stage right now. Outside hot tub and pool was clean and right temperature. Some people brought drinks with them and staff really did not mind. Rooms are clean, balcony chairs and table was not, bathroom was outdated. Extra push could make this places an excellent place to be, for right now it is falling into Good category.

Hi Scott,

Very nice from you to review your stay at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center. Yes, I am so glad to share with you that the needed remodeling is coming soon. As you noted, our service is already good and now, we will add the remodeled look to it and it will be an awesome place for both business or pleasure. Thank you for mentioning furniture on the balcony. We have fixed that small challenge and now, we will wait for you to come back.

Andreo Girardi

Been to Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!