“Plenty of Room” 4 of 5 stars

You added Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1800 Park Avenue, Park City, UT 84060   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #33 of 59 hotels in Park City
Springville, Utah
“Plenty of Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

While this property is a bit older, the room and area we stayed in had been updated, and we found it quite comfortable. The best part was the size of the room. We reserved a room with a king bed, and ended up with not only a king bed but a full couch/sitting area, as well as a desk, and refrigerator in a cabinet. We had an outside room, which had a sliding door to a small walk-out area with table and chairs - didn't use that due to the excessive heat the day we visited, but it would appeal to me at another time.

Speaking of heat, the air conditioner worked great, and no, it did not sound like a jet engine as I've read in other reviews. The bathroom sink is separate from the toilet and shower area, which is nice for two people trying to get ready at the same time. The bed was comfortable, firm enough.

Internet was easy to access and had a good speed. Concierge was very helpful. Front desk check-in was smooth, although a little slow. The hallways seemed to have a little bit of a musty smell, and felt a little warmer than other areas of the hotel. But then, how long are you in the hall? Really nothing to complain about--our "deal" included $20 toward food in the restaurant, and provided good value. We will likely return.

Room Tip: There is only one elevator in this property, so if you need help going up the stairs, request a room...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Peg I,

We certainly appreciate your comments regarding your recent visit. We hope you enjoyed Park City.

As you can note from my response to the Guest Comment below, there is a reason for the spread out foot print of our building. We have luggage carts available and are more than pleased to assist our guests with their luggage upon request.

We look forward to your next visit to Park City and wish safe travels.

276 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was a groupon type deal for $59 night. It was fine for what we paid. We arrived and there were two other people standing in the lobby waiting for someone to appear at the front desk, after more than 5 minutes someone finally appeared from back and promptly answered the phone that had been ringing for awhile . Instead of asking to place that person on hold and help the people waiting , he proceeded to take the call and make reservations. At check in I did receive a map of the hotel and how to get to my room because it is a maze inside, one elevator at the front and the room numbers are not marked in a understandable way. I imagine this is because while we were trying to check in one woman came back and said she had been trying to find her room but couldn't. The room numbers are marked with one lot and you have to guess to follow that sign down the hall before you seen an additional sign with different room numbers, so on and so forth. The hotel smells old and musty inside and we were pleased that thank goodness the rooms themselves were newer and didn't smell like the rest of the hotel. It is centrally located which I believe could be the only positive for this place. Pool was not open when it said it should be, called front desk and they sent someone to open it. No towels were available so again had to call front desk and housekeeping brought some. On multiple occasions I called the front desk and housekeeping and the phone rang and rang and rang and no one answered, different days and different times. The room itself seemed clean but outdated items and the bed was not comfortable. If you are looking for a cheap place to stay and aren't expecting much then this would be the place.

Room Tip: If you don't want to haul your luggage up the stairs make sure to ask for a room toward the fron...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your taking the time to comment on your recent stay.

I am sorry you felt the guest rooms are difficult to find as we usually do not have guest concerns regarding locating their room. You may have not noticed but all the buildings in our area are just two story in height. The zoning is restricted to protect the views of the Mountains. So the challenge of building a hotel of almost 200 rooms required an extended floor plan. We go over the floor plan with each guest and mark the guest room location and rarely have an issue. Now the Ice machines, that is another matter, as they can be challenging.

I was also disappointed you had to wait, it is the height of the Summer Season and as we try to have as much staff as possible, there are times when we can not respond as quickly as we would prefer.

Hopefully we can make a better impression on your next visit.

Long Beach, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We are hotel snobs. We stayed here becuase of a Groupon and we were just going to be there a couple of days for a wedding. We got there around 2:30 PM so that we can get to our wedding in SLC by 6:00. They said that we could not check in until 4:00 and would not allow an early check in. We even tried the sob story of driving all night for a wedding that we had to get ready for...that didn't work and they didn't seem to care. They said we would have to return at 4:00 because no rooms were ready, which is hard to believe because this is their off season and the hotel was not close to full occupancy. However, we just went for a walk. We got back at 4:00 and we figured out why we couldn't check in early. There was a long line and they had an overbearing gentlemen doing everything he could to get all the people in this long line that took a long time to get through to go over get a sales pitch about all the things to do in Park City and mostly to go vist a time share. The gentlemen tried to be nice, but was mostly a disruption to us and the others in the line. Our room was fine. Actually, better than we expected. However, we could hear everything the people in the next room were saying. They had a few kids and a crying baby that kept us up most of the night. The hotel also made strange sounds throughout the night. Finally the kicker to our bad experience was when we got back to our room the second night, the key would not work. We had went to the front desk and they gave us a new key. It still didn't work. They needed to get maintenance there, but they were all in SLC. I told them that I had to go to the airport and would be back. They said I could get in the room then. Well, I got back and they still couldn't get in the room. The maintenance guy coudl not get the door to work and needed to call another guy, who showed up and couldn't get it to work either. He was perplexed. This is all fine, but the front desk people seemed to not take this too seriously. I had been locked out of my room for over 3 hours and they didn't understand why this was an issue to me. They did finally offer me another room to rest in while they tried to figure it out. This was of little help because all my stuff was in my room. I should have been comped for the night or offered a meal in their restaurant, but that did not happen. Ultimately, they had to take the whole door apart and put on a new key part. I realize that these types of things can happen, but their attitude about it was difficult to take and just because it is off season, doesn't mean you should not have maintenance folks there. The customer did not come first. I can promise you that.

Room Tip: Try not to be on the bottom floor where the swimming pool is.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very sorry that your visit to the Yarrow was not as pleasant as it should have been.

It was unfortunate and extremely unusual for a door lock to malfunction in that manner.

It is actually our Summer Season here in Park City and we are every bit as busy now as we are in the Winter Ski Season, just with bikes instead of skis.

Hopefully we will have an opportunity to host you again, and I would be more than happy to buy your dinner.

UT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I wish I would have read reviews before we booked. We were greeted by the concierge when we walked through the door. He was very kind. Check in was fast. When we got in our room we noticed the "jet engine" sound of the AC. While we were deciding what to do we heard our neighbor one room over complaining to maintenance about the roar of the AC. The maintenance man told me from the other ladies balcony that he would go to the front desk and get us moved rooms so he could fix the compressor in the AC. I have never been moved rooms because of someone else's complaint about my own room. It was kind of funny. We went down to the front desk to move rooms and were told that no other rooms were clean so we would have to wait. No big deal. When we came back later we were told that we had been moved to an executive suite but the second check in took much longer than the first. I guess the employee had forgotten to have us fill out the paperwork the first time around so he couldn't find us anywhere in the computer. We finally got to our room and it was much nicer than the first one. King bed in a separate room, a kitchen, dining room, jetted tub, and balcony that could be accessed from the bedroom and living room. It was very clean. The bedroom was very warm even with the AC on full blast. All was well until 4:00 am when the AC stopped working and it was stifling hot. We could not figure out how to make it work. We opened the balcony for a bit but it only helped a little. Would have been a great stay if not for the AC problems in both rooms. I'm glad we got a deal from KSL.com. I would have been mad if we had paid full price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
We appreciate your comments regarding your visit. I am very sorry about the AC problems, we do some issues at the beginning of the Summer Season and do our preventive maintenance during the April & May months when slow down, but the AC units in the second room needs to be replaced, thanks of the nice description as it helps us locate your room.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is a late review, as we went during ski season, but if you are looking at this place for a ski trip, we would definitely recommend it for the price. Nice clean room, good tv, good water pressure - all that. The toilet paper was quite substandard I will say, but that was my only real complaint.

The on-site amenities are very good. We rented our ski's from the ski shop there very conveniently, and we also enjoyed the restaurant downstairs for breakfast (ask about breakfast vouchers at the front desk).

The location is an easy and quick free shuttle ride to Park City Mtn., which you can see from the parking lot of the place anyway. The shuttle stop is right across the street, and you can access a bunch of the area's other ski mountains and attractions from there, all for a free ride.

Bonus points for the heated pool/hot tub as well as the grocery store that is in the same parking lot as the Yarrow. Would recommend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We are proud of the level of services we provide and still remain the best price value in Park City. I appreciate your pointing that out. See you next time your in Park City!
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed here on 5/31/13. Hotel is a bit dated and a little bit clunky and bathrooms are small, but it has been well kept up and is clean. It is in the center of Park City, very easy to find, not far from anywhere. It is well priced compared to other hotels in the area.

One other bonus was the sliding glass door to a 2nd story patio to my room. I was nice go to out and just sit on the patio. If you stay here, I recommend asking for a second story room. From what I could see, all second story rooms had the small patio.

I wouldn't mind staying here again next time I come to park city, I had a good visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and especially that you will be back to visit again!
Layton, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The staff is very nice and helpful. They went out of their way to help even upgrading our room so we could have a room where we wanted. The only criticism I would have is that they only leave one package of creamer for the coffee even though there were two of us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Mixed,

We appreciate your comments about the staff. I am sorry we did not have that second creamer in your room. We will review this issue with our Housekeeping Staff and will make sure that will not disappoint you on your next visit.

We certainly want you to know that we would have brought you extra creamer, or any other amenity you may need. I realize it is not always convenient to have to call and we must work harder to make sure everything is in your room prior to check in.

Please come back soon!

Been to Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!