“Just average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 58 Hotels in Park City
UT
“Just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I wish I would have read reviews before we booked. We were greeted by the concierge when we walked through the door. He was very kind. Check in was fast. When we got in our room we noticed the "jet engine" sound of the AC. While we were deciding what to do we heard our neighbor one room over complaining to maintenance about the roar of the AC. The maintenance man told me from the other ladies balcony that he would go to the front desk and get us moved rooms so he could fix the compressor in the AC. I have never been moved rooms because of someone else's complaint about my own room. It was kind of funny. We went down to the front desk to move rooms and were told that no other rooms were clean so we would have to wait. No big deal. When we came back later we were told that we had been moved to an executive suite but the second check in took much longer than the first. I guess the employee had forgotten to have us fill out the paperwork the first time around so he couldn't find us anywhere in the computer. We finally got to our room and it was much nicer than the first one. King bed in a separate room, a kitchen, dining room, jetted tub, and balcony that could be accessed from the bedroom and living room. It was very clean. The bedroom was very warm even with the AC on full blast. All was well until 4:00 am when the AC stopped working and it was stifling hot. We could not figure out how to make it work. We opened the balcony for a bit but it only helped a little. Would have been a great stay if not for the AC problems in both rooms. I'm glad we got a deal from KSL.com. I would have been mad if we had paid full price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
We appreciate your comments regarding your visit. I am very sorry about the AC problems, we do some issues at the beginning of the Summer Season and do our preventive maintenance during the April & May months when slow down, but the AC units in the second room needs to be replaced, thanks of the nice description as it helps us locate your room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is a late review, as we went during ski season, but if you are looking at this place for a ski trip, we would definitely recommend it for the price. Nice clean room, good tv, good water pressure - all that. The toilet paper was quite substandard I will say, but that was my only real complaint.

The on-site amenities are very good. We rented our ski's from the ski shop there very conveniently, and we also enjoyed the restaurant downstairs for breakfast (ask about breakfast vouchers at the front desk).

The location is an easy and quick free shuttle ride to Park City Mtn., which you can see from the parking lot of the place anyway. The shuttle stop is right across the street, and you can access a bunch of the area's other ski mountains and attractions from there, all for a free ride.

Bonus points for the heated pool/hot tub as well as the grocery store that is in the same parking lot as the Yarrow. Would recommend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We are proud of the level of services we provide and still remain the best price value in Park City. I appreciate your pointing that out. See you next time your in Park City!
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed here on 5/31/13. Hotel is a bit dated and a little bit clunky and bathrooms are small, but it has been well kept up and is clean. It is in the center of Park City, very easy to find, not far from anywhere. It is well priced compared to other hotels in the area.

One other bonus was the sliding glass door to a 2nd story patio to my room. I was nice go to out and just sit on the patio. If you stay here, I recommend asking for a second story room. From what I could see, all second story rooms had the small patio.

I wouldn't mind staying here again next time I come to park city, I had a good visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and especially that you will be back to visit again!
Layton, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The staff is very nice and helpful. They went out of their way to help even upgrading our room so we could have a room where we wanted. The only criticism I would have is that they only leave one package of creamer for the coffee even though there were two of us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Mixed,

We appreciate your comments about the staff. I am sorry we did not have that second creamer in your room. We will review this issue with our Housekeeping Staff and will make sure that will not disappoint you on your next visit.

We certainly want you to know that we would have brought you extra creamer, or any other amenity you may need. I realize it is not always convenient to have to call and we must work harder to make sure everything is in your room prior to check in.

Please come back soon!
Layton, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights, should have cut and run but each time I booked on priceline, it always gave me the Yarrow. I had a room with a peculiar odor to it, smelled like mildew and rotting fish. I called down to the night guy and he was the rudest surliest , individual I have ever encountered, and I was in the Hotel business for over 6 yrs. He argued with me on the phone, he made an exasperated sigh when I asked to change rooms, and seemed to really not want to be there. I had to come down to the desk and he'd gotten me a room on the 1st floor. My res preference and current room were on the 2nd floor. When I brought it to his attention his response was an incredulous, "So now you want the 2nd floor"? Told him I was already on that floor, he'd have seen it if he'd been paying any attention whatsoever. I opened a discussion regarding his incredible lack of people skills, in a job requiring customer contact. His reply? "You don't have any people skills either". It was on then, I had managed a reservations dept at a large hotel managing over a dozen people. I told him I had great people skills, which is why I can immediately pick out those that don't. He said, "that's why I work as a night auditor". He then proceeded to argue with me regarding a statement I'd made about hoping all the rooms didn't smell that way, and how that was rude. I pointed out that if carpeting or painting was recently done, a lot of rooms would be smelly, and it was a perfectly reasonable statement. After walking all the way back up to the room, of course the key didn't work, I believe he was screwing with me at this point. After walking back down again I was seething, I mentioned I would discuss him with his manager, and maybe since he hated it so much he wouldn't have to worry about this job. "You think they're going to fire me?" He retorted. "I certainly hope so". was my response.

When I finally got in the room I noticed it had a view of some filthy courtyard with a tarp covering something and construction equipment and a hodgepodge of boards and junk stacked up all around. I was too tired at this point to argue anymore, and accepted it was as good as I was going to do.

Other issues, laundry facilities dirty and costs $2 ea to wash and dry. The dryer runs almost an hour and didn't even halfway dry my clothes. Cost me $10 to do 2 loads. Would have been more, I just air dried my things in the room, after waiting an hour for the dryer to do it's substandard work. . The towels were like the cardboard ones they used to hand out in gym class, just as stiff and sandpapery. When I was shaving I noticed the water was yellow, and not just a little, quite noticeable.

When I consulted the manager and told him what ensued, he seemed sympathetic, and tossed out an idea for a free dinner in the restaurant that never materialized, although I did say it wasn't necessary, he seemed relieved. He did mention that they "normally" don't put anyone in the room I was given, and I changed to another room. Keep in mind this Hotel was nearly empty, in all the time I was there I saw or heard less than 5 other people.

I would say the Yarrow is maybe a 1 1/2 star hotel. Maybe 2 if you are very generous. 3 star rating borders on the ridiculous. Who in the world could consider this a 3 star, unless they are ignoring the fundamentals and focusing on the accoutrements, which many like myself don't make use of. If I were staying in Park City, I would stay in any other hotel, including motel 6 before settling for the Yarrow.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
It was a real disappointment to learn about your experience with our Night Audit/ Desk Representative. We have taken the appropriate action.

I am pleased that immediately upon learning about the issue from our associate, our Front Office Manager offered our sincere apologies, upgraded your room and offered other amenities.

I am confused if the rest of your experience was so terrible, why would you continue to check in two additional nights?

We are not rated 3 Star's, that is a rating through Priceline as a result of many many great experiences shared by previous Priceline guests.

Once again we are greatly surprised and very disappointed that our associate acted out and regardless of the circumstances it unacceptable!
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I want to recognize Edgar as an excellent server at the hotel's restuarant.

He was very professional in his excellent, attentive service.

The hotel is very lucky to have him working there and should reward him for his dedicated service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We appreciate your positive comments regarding The Mountain Grill. It is really hard for Hotel restaurants to anything other than a convenience or amenity to the Hotel guest. When reality most hotel restaurants have great food and service. We are especially pleased for your recognition of Edgar and could not agree more regarding his genuine great service.
Logan, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We selected this hotel because of a special promotion from KSL. We wanted to try somewhere new, since the hotel we stayed at the year before was horrible! We come to Park City every year for my daughter's tumbling competition, so we weren't looking for long term stay, just affordability. This place was perfect.
This hotel was great! The room was clean and spacious, and the beds were very comfortable. We are light sleepers and had no trouble with noise--which is rare. The pool and hot tub were fun for the whole family, although we felt they could've been a bit warmer.
We ordered room service for breakfast and were amazed not only by the inexpensive prices for room service, but the portions were very large! The staff delivered it quickly and professionally. The room also included a refrigerator, which is a bonus.
Very close to Main Street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We are happy that we met and in some cases exceeded your expectations. We really enjoy our partnership with KSL and appreciate the great guests as a result!

Been to Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!