“Old but clean, nice and a good location” 5 of 5 stars

You added Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1800 Park Avenue, Park City, UT 84060   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #33 of 59 hotels in Park City
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Old but clean, nice and a good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed here on 5/31/13. Hotel is a bit dated and a little bit clunky and bathrooms are small, but it has been well kept up and is clean. It is in the center of Park City, very easy to find, not far from anywhere. It is well priced compared to other hotels in the area.

One other bonus was the sliding glass door to a 2nd story patio to my room. I was nice go to out and just sit on the patio. If you stay here, I recommend asking for a second story room. From what I could see, all second story rooms had the small patio.

I wouldn't mind staying here again next time I come to park city, I had a good visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments and especially that you will be back to visit again!

265 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Layton, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The staff is very nice and helpful. They went out of their way to help even upgrading our room so we could have a room where we wanted. The only criticism I would have is that they only leave one package of creamer for the coffee even though there were two of us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Mixed,

We appreciate your comments about the staff. I am sorry we did not have that second creamer in your room. We will review this issue with our Housekeeping Staff and will make sure that will not disappoint you on your next visit.

We certainly want you to know that we would have brought you extra creamer, or any other amenity you may need. I realize it is not always convenient to have to call and we must work harder to make sure everything is in your room prior to check in.

Please come back soon!
Layton, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights, should have cut and run but each time I booked on priceline, it always gave me the Yarrow. I had a room with a peculiar odor to it, smelled like mildew and rotting fish. I called down to the night guy and he was the rudest surliest , individual I have ever encountered, and I was in the Hotel business for over 6 yrs. He argued with me on the phone, he made an exasperated sigh when I asked to change rooms, and seemed to really not want to be there. I had to come down to the desk and he'd gotten me a room on the 1st floor. My res preference and current room were on the 2nd floor. When I brought it to his attention his response was an incredulous, "So now you want the 2nd floor"? Told him I was already on that floor, he'd have seen it if he'd been paying any attention whatsoever. I opened a discussion regarding his incredible lack of people skills, in a job requiring customer contact. His reply? "You don't have any people skills either". It was on then, I had managed a reservations dept at a large hotel managing over a dozen people. I told him I had great people skills, which is why I can immediately pick out those that don't. He said, "that's why I work as a night auditor". He then proceeded to argue with me regarding a statement I'd made about hoping all the rooms didn't smell that way, and how that was rude. I pointed out that if carpeting or painting was recently done, a lot of rooms would be smelly, and it was a perfectly reasonable statement. After walking all the way back up to the room, of course the key didn't work, I believe he was screwing with me at this point. After walking back down again I was seething, I mentioned I would discuss him with his manager, and maybe since he hated it so much he wouldn't have to worry about this job. "You think they're going to fire me?" He retorted. "I certainly hope so". was my response.

When I finally got in the room I noticed it had a view of some filthy courtyard with a tarp covering something and construction equipment and a hodgepodge of boards and junk stacked up all around. I was too tired at this point to argue anymore, and accepted it was as good as I was going to do.

Other issues, laundry facilities dirty and costs $2 ea to wash and dry. The dryer runs almost an hour and didn't even halfway dry my clothes. Cost me $10 to do 2 loads. Would have been more, I just air dried my things in the room, after waiting an hour for the dryer to do it's substandard work. . The towels were like the cardboard ones they used to hand out in gym class, just as stiff and sandpapery. When I was shaving I noticed the water was yellow, and not just a little, quite noticeable.

When I consulted the manager and told him what ensued, he seemed sympathetic, and tossed out an idea for a free dinner in the restaurant that never materialized, although I did say it wasn't necessary, he seemed relieved. He did mention that they "normally" don't put anyone in the room I was given, and I changed to another room. Keep in mind this Hotel was nearly empty, in all the time I was there I saw or heard less than 5 other people.

I would say the Yarrow is maybe a 1 1/2 star hotel. Maybe 2 if you are very generous. 3 star rating borders on the ridiculous. Who in the world could consider this a 3 star, unless they are ignoring the fundamentals and focusing on the accoutrements, which many like myself don't make use of. If I were staying in Park City, I would stay in any other hotel, including motel 6 before settling for the Yarrow.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
It was a real disappointment to learn about your experience with our Night Audit/ Desk Representative. We have taken the appropriate action.

I am pleased that immediately upon learning about the issue from our associate, our Front Office Manager offered our sincere apologies, upgraded your room and offered other amenities.

I am confused if the rest of your experience was so terrible, why would you continue to check in two additional nights?

We are not rated 3 Star's, that is a rating through Priceline as a result of many many great experiences shared by previous Priceline guests.

Once again we are greatly surprised and very disappointed that our associate acted out and regardless of the circumstances it unacceptable!
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I want to recognize Edgar as an excellent server at the hotel's restuarant.

He was very professional in his excellent, attentive service.

The hotel is very lucky to have him working there and should reward him for his dedicated service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We appreciate your positive comments regarding The Mountain Grill. It is really hard for Hotel restaurants to anything other than a convenience or amenity to the Hotel guest. When reality most hotel restaurants have great food and service. We are especially pleased for your recognition of Edgar and could not agree more regarding his genuine great service.
Logan, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We selected this hotel because of a special promotion from KSL. We wanted to try somewhere new, since the hotel we stayed at the year before was horrible! We come to Park City every year for my daughter's tumbling competition, so we weren't looking for long term stay, just affordability. This place was perfect.
This hotel was great! The room was clean and spacious, and the beds were very comfortable. We are light sleepers and had no trouble with noise--which is rare. The pool and hot tub were fun for the whole family, although we felt they could've been a bit warmer.
We ordered room service for breakfast and were amazed not only by the inexpensive prices for room service, but the portions were very large! The staff delivered it quickly and professionally. The room also included a refrigerator, which is a bonus.
Very close to Main Street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We are happy that we met and in some cases exceeded your expectations. We really enjoy our partnership with KSL and appreciate the great guests as a result!
new york, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Yarrow is nothing fancy but it has everything we needed for a great ski weekend-- convenient location within walking distance to grocery store and some shopping and movie theater and 5 min drive to MainStreet, easy parking, free internet, outdoor hot tub (also outdoor pool and a fitness room), restaurant with good breakfast, friendly staff, clean room. The bed was fine, although the pillows were not the best, but not the worst either. There's a printer in the lobby so you can print your boarding pass when it's time to go home, and they don't try to gouge you on the bottled water for sale in your room. We've stayed here before, and I'm sure we'll stay here again. For the price, you can't beat it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your very nice comments.

It sounds like you had a great ski vacation and I hope you will choose Park City again next year. We would like to earn your business.
Diamondhead, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel was very conveniently located. It was not within walking distance to any bars, but there were a few restaurants that you could walk to. But, there is a free bus line that will take you to town, and it runs every 6-8 minutes, and from around 6 am to midnight. The rooms were pretty standard, but they were clean and comfortable. There is a restaurant on site, and also ski rental and car rental on site. I would stay here again, very much worth the money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Yo are right affordability and location are hard to beat anywhere in Park City other than The Yarrow. We have been serving this community for over 40 years and enjoy having guests like you everyday.

I am glad to see that you used almost all of our services and found them to be supportive of your ski vacation. We hope you will choose to return to Park City and we would enjoy earning your business again.

Been to Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!