“Very accommodating and happy staff” 5 of 5 stars

Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1800 Park Avenue, Park City, UT 84060   |
Ranked #37 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Very accommodating and happy staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We held our scientific conference at the Yarrow Hotel. Although it is an older hotel, everything is clean and comfortable. Our guests were from 8 countries and everyone enjoyed the friendly atmosphere. The staff are helpful and adapt quickly to any special needs. The food was excellent and on time for all our meals. This was our 10th Annual Meeting -- and this venue will be one of the most appreciated and remembered. The relaxed and enjoyable setting encouraged discussions and mingling. We enjoyed the large, comfortable lounge. Again, the staff make everything special for skiiers and non-skiiers alike.
Pachyonychia Congenita Project (patient support and research advocacy group)
PS - I agree the heaters were loud and not too efficient.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Mary,

We really appreciate your very kind comments regarding your groups stay at The Yarrow. We are working on replacing the heaters for next Season.

The International make-up your group was perfect follow up to our crowds during Sundance where we had 15 nations represented. We also enjoyed your group and hope to see you back in the very near future.

Respectfully,

Kim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The Yarrow has everything you need. I'll start off with a great price. The room was clean. Housekeeping did a great job. There's a hot tub in the courtyard which is perfect after a day of skiing/snowboarding. The staff was very helpful and informative.

The location is very convenient. Just a few stops along the free public transportation from Park City Mountain Resort. The grocery store, liquor store and Squatters restaurant are all within a few minutes walk.

A few minutes ride on the free public transit will take you to Main Street and all the restaurants and bars you could want. I highly recommend Lizzie O'Michaels for beers and ping pong. The No Name Saloon is great too and has bar shuffleboard.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the fitness center so you can be close to the hot tub.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for review. I am glad you had a Great visit to Park City. I enjoy the No Name as well. We hope to see you back soon!
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed here for five nights on a ski trip. The hotel was very clean and conveniently located. Checking in and out was quick. My room had a comfortable bed and was nicely decorated. The only negative was the room heater was quite loud when it ran. The hotel was a good value. I would stay here again. Restaurants within walking distance that I ate at were El Chubasco, Windy Ridge Cafe and Squatters Roadhouse Grill. I took the city bus (free) to eat at Buona Vita and High West Distillery and Saloon, Windy Ridge Cafe and Buona Vita were very good and I will go back. The others were good but I probably would not go back for various reasons. I skied at Deer Valley, Park City Resort and The Canyons. I liked The Canyons the best. If you arrive early enough you can ski free that day when you take your boarding pass and a previously downloaded Park City QuickStart form to the lift ticket office.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your review. We hope to see you with us again soon!!
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The Yarrow in Park City Utah has to be on the top 3 worst hotels in Utah.
Recent experience highlights.
Asked for local directions from front desk, we were given completely wrong directions, please if you don't know, SAY SO.
Shower flow rate was 2 on a scale of 10.
Room Service trays in hallway for 3 days.
Room cleaning was awful, informed front desk and service continued to be lame.
Front desk had no clue about local bus system.
So called concierge has bankers hours like most of management staff, only one that was on duty half the time was housekeeping mgr.
The bacon was good. :-)
Had to ask for shampoo.
I should of taken a photo of the inside of the room service plate cover, it had old dried food on it, sorry my bad.
We were patient but enough is enough, maybe it was due to us staying there the week after the Sundance Film Fest.
Bottom-line if you have another choice of hotels in Park City Utah, choose wisely.

PS, one more whine, avoid the US Post office on the main drag, very rude, nasty worker named julie, No wonder this org is a black hole when it comes to money.

Room Tip: request side next to Fresh Market if you want to save room service expense. Ask for a room microwave...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We are sorry that you had a bad experience, I certainly agree that if anyone on our staff is not certain about the information they are providing, the should verify. We go over this daily in our stand up meetings. The most disappointing aspect of your experience was I did not have an opportunity to assist you myself. I am on property 24/7 and personally walk the building and the grounds(Depending on the snow) at least three times a day, everyday. I think what happens is one really bad experience makes everything bad, and for that I am very sorry. I think if you see our other reviews you will see we have a solid guest service satisfaction experience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Miriana was super awesome! She made my stay worth it. Really friendly and accommodating. Fantastic employee! She even went above and beyond and let me borrow her I-phone charger for a few minutes! My stay was comfortable and refreshing!

• Stayed January 2013
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
While we always enjoy positive reviews, it is especially exciting when Individual Service Stars are named in your comments. We are lucky to have some very fine associates and Mirianna is certainly a great Star. We hope to see you back next year!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were recently in town for the Sundance film festival and wanted to take a minute to thank the General Manager Kim Dinsmoor and his staff for helping us out of a bind. We highly recommend this hotel for its friendliness and location whether you're attending the fest or looking for a great place to stay while skiing in Park City. Thank you again, KM and staff!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
What a Great Event for Park City, so much excitement and creative opportunities. The Yarrow enjoys the position of being one of the first venue's to host a theater and look forward to working with Sundance Film Festival for many years.
l.a.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The photos of the rooms online were not applicable.. For nearly $400 per night, only because it is Sundance, the rooms should be modern with updated amenities. This is a room circa 1980. Also, you are roped in to staying here and not getting a refund even if you are not satisfied with the room. More than disappointed.

Room Tip: On route for shuttles old unattractive hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We are very disappointed that you did not have a Great Experience during your recent visit. I wish we had had a chance to visit in person so I could better understand your concerns. It is impossible to make necessary changes after you have departed. Considering we have had some excellent reviews, it is clear we need to be more consistent in our service delivery.

Been to Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!