“Good Place To Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Montgomery, Alabama
“Good Place To Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed here for five nights on a ski trip. The hotel was very clean and conveniently located. Checking in and out was quick. My room had a comfortable bed and was nicely decorated. The only negative was the room heater was quite loud when it ran. The hotel was a good value. I would stay here again. Restaurants within walking distance that I ate at were El Chubasco, Windy Ridge Cafe and Squatters Roadhouse Grill. I took the city bus (free) to eat at Buona Vita and High West Distillery and Saloon, Windy Ridge Cafe and Buona Vita were very good and I will go back. The others were good but I probably would not go back for various reasons. I skied at Deer Valley, Park City Resort and The Canyons. I liked The Canyons the best. If you arrive early enough you can ski free that day when you take your boarding pass and a previously downloaded Park City QuickStart form to the lift ticket office.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We hope to see you with us again soon!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The Yarrow in Park City Utah has to be on the top 3 worst hotels in Utah.
Recent experience highlights.
Asked for local directions from front desk, we were given completely wrong directions, please if you don't know, SAY SO.
Shower flow rate was 2 on a scale of 10.
Room Service trays in hallway for 3 days.
Room cleaning was awful, informed front desk and service continued to be lame.
Front desk had no clue about local bus system.
So called concierge has bankers hours like most of management staff, only one that was on duty half the time was housekeeping mgr.
The bacon was good. :-)
Had to ask for shampoo.
I should of taken a photo of the inside of the room service plate cover, it had old dried food on it, sorry my bad.
We were patient but enough is enough, maybe it was due to us staying there the week after the Sundance Film Fest.
Bottom-line if you have another choice of hotels in Park City Utah, choose wisely.

PS, one more whine, avoid the US Post office on the main drag, very rude, nasty worker named julie, No wonder this org is a black hole when it comes to money.

Room Tip: request side next to Fresh Market if you want to save room service expense. Ask for a room microwave...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We are sorry that you had a bad experience, I certainly agree that if anyone on our staff is not certain about the information they are providing, the should verify. We go over this daily in our stand up meetings. The most disappointing aspect of your experience was I did not have an opportunity to assist you myself. I am on property 24/7 and personally walk the building and the grounds(Depending on the snow) at least three times a day, everyday. I think what happens is one really bad experience makes everything bad, and for that I am very sorry. I think if you see our other reviews you will see we have a solid guest service satisfaction experience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Miriana was super awesome! She made my stay worth it. Really friendly and accommodating. Fantastic employee! She even went above and beyond and let me borrow her I-phone charger for a few minutes! My stay was comfortable and refreshing!

• Stayed January 2013
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
While we always enjoy positive reviews, it is especially exciting when Individual Service Stars are named in your comments. We are lucky to have some very fine associates and Mirianna is certainly a great Star. We hope to see you back next year!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were recently in town for the Sundance film festival and wanted to take a minute to thank the General Manager Kim Dinsmoor and his staff for helping us out of a bind. We highly recommend this hotel for its friendliness and location whether you're attending the fest or looking for a great place to stay while skiing in Park City. Thank you again, KM and staff!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
What a Great Event for Park City, so much excitement and creative opportunities. The Yarrow enjoys the position of being one of the first venue's to host a theater and look forward to working with Sundance Film Festival for many years.
l.a.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The photos of the rooms online were not applicable.. For nearly $400 per night, only because it is Sundance, the rooms should be modern with updated amenities. This is a room circa 1980. Also, you are roped in to staying here and not getting a refund even if you are not satisfied with the room. More than disappointed.

Room Tip: On route for shuttles old unattractive hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We are very disappointed that you did not have a Great Experience during your recent visit. I wish we had had a chance to visit in person so I could better understand your concerns. It is impossible to make necessary changes after you have departed. Considering we have had some excellent reviews, it is clear we need to be more consistent in our service delivery.
Green River, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the Yarrow hotel for the Sundance Film Festival. It is a perfect location for that event because there is a shuttle stop right in front of the hotel. It is also in an good location between Kimball Junction and downtown Park City. The staff was very helpful and courteous. The rooms are nice and cozy. The staff at the Skyline Bar were also attentive and very friendly. I wasn't as impressed with the restaurant, but they were fairly busy. The food was average but it was quick and convenient. The workout facilities could use an update on their equipment. Overall I enjoyed my stay and will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your review and totally agree The Yarrow is the Hub of Park City. Our location and the great transportation system both public and private makes it so easy to enjoy everything Park City has to offer.
Oxford, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I honestly have never met a more outstanding waitress and young woman. She treated us with great service and like we were old friends the entire time we visited. We came back every night just because we knew she would treat us well. The same goes for the rest of the staff but especially Nicole!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We thank you for your kind recognition of Nicole!! Hurry back.

Been to Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!