“Not Happy Old and Outdated Sundance Ripoff” 1 of 5 stars

Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1800 Park Avenue, Park City, UT 84060   |
Ranked #34 of 58 Hotels in Park City
l.a.
“Not Happy Old and Outdated Sundance Ripoff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The photos of the rooms online were not applicable.. For nearly $400 per night, only because it is Sundance, the rooms should be modern with updated amenities. This is a room circa 1980. Also, you are roped in to staying here and not getting a refund even if you are not satisfied with the room. More than disappointed.

Room Tip: On route for shuttles old unattractive hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We are very disappointed that you did not have a Great Experience during your recent visit. I wish we had had a chance to visit in person so I could better understand your concerns. It is impossible to make necessary changes after you have departed. Considering we have had some excellent reviews, it is clear we need to be more consistent in our service delivery.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Green River, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the Yarrow hotel for the Sundance Film Festival. It is a perfect location for that event because there is a shuttle stop right in front of the hotel. It is also in an good location between Kimball Junction and downtown Park City. The staff was very helpful and courteous. The rooms are nice and cozy. The staff at the Skyline Bar were also attentive and very friendly. I wasn't as impressed with the restaurant, but they were fairly busy. The food was average but it was quick and convenient. The workout facilities could use an update on their equipment. Overall I enjoyed my stay and will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your review and totally agree The Yarrow is the Hub of Park City. Our location and the great transportation system both public and private makes it so easy to enjoy everything Park City has to offer.
Oxford, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I honestly have never met a more outstanding waitress and young woman. She treated us with great service and like we were old friends the entire time we visited. We came back every night just because we knew she would treat us well. The same goes for the rest of the staff but especially Nicole!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
We thank you for your kind recognition of Nicole!! Hurry back.
Park City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I couldn't find a specific entry for the Skyline Bar at the Yarrow. I've been coming to the Sundance Film Festival for 10 years now, and service at the bar has been problematic and spotty. This year, though, we've had the best service we've ever had at the bar, thanks to an outstanding waitress, Nicole. While the Yarrow staff has generally been great this year, including their new manager, Ryan, Nicole has gone above and beyond in taking care of us every single night. I know we film industry folks can be terribly high maintenance, but she handles the crowds and chaos with a friendly smile and the best service I've had there in a decade. Please keep her on the schedule the rest of the fest, we LOVE Nicole!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
THANKS! It certainly shows how important each staff member is and their great work can reflect on the entire team! Thank you Nicole!
washington,dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Just returned from an 11 night stay and the stay was terrific. As an example of the fine and thoughtful service I received, the hair dryer would not turn on. I called the front desk to report the problem - this was in the evening of my first night around 7-8 P.M. Within 20 minutes a maintenance individual showed up, it turns out the dryer was fine, it was a problem with the Ground Fault Interrupter. I left for dinner and when I returned I found the maintenance person left a regular hair dryer, plugged into a normal outlet. The very next morning an engineer showed up and fixed the GFI. That's just a small example of how enjoyable the staff made sure my stay would be.

Another example was the cleanliness of the room. This past April I stayed at the "W" hotel in New Orleans for my son's bachelor party. The "W" and the Yarrow have the same style wash vanity, granite on the top and an open shelf on the bottom for storage use. When I put toiletry items on the shelf at the "W' the underneath of the sink was, to put it mildly, disgusting. Cob webs, dirt - etc. When I went to put my toiletry supplies on the shelf in the Yarrow, it was spotless - clean. The "W', needless to say was 4 times the cost per night. And, a rarity - the lint filters in the dryers in the laundry room were always clean.

Free shuttle to the Canyons in the A.M. & pickup in the P.M. Fresh Market right next door, bus to town right out front. This is my 'go to place' for Park City.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
We appreciate your review very much. We are proud that our staff is empowered to take care of the Guest, or as Elvis put it, "Taking Care of Business". We hope to see you back soon!
Provo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We recently went to the Yarrow for a weekend getaway and the hotel staff was exceptionally friendly. Upon checking in, they gave us our choice of room and helped us pick a room with a view of the mountains. When there weren't any rooms available with the mountain view in the price range that we made the reservation in, they gave us a complimentary upgrade to a nicer room. It was a clean, quiet, and peaceful stay. My wife and I would definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
gmyarrow, Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for the very kind review. We have been very focused on our Service Standards and it appears we have hit a home run on your visit. We look forward to your next visit.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in December. Stayed last year and service was good. Managers were nice and had great customer service. Corporate guy was there and staff was happy ( rare). This year was well below expectation. No one cared, staff said corporate made changes, affected, clearly, staff morale. What kind of company is this? Restaurant was poorly staffed. Desk was too. Service here was the worst. I'll never stay again and will make sure I tell everyone to avoid this place. Needs new owners and managers

• Stayed December 2012
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We very disappointed that did not feel Welcomed! As you can see some very positive reviews during the same period, it is clear we have to be consistent and focused in our guest service experience. I regret that I did not have the opportunity to visit with you in person to better understand where we let you down. I am sorry for our less than positive service and hope you will allow us another chance in the future.

Been to Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!