“Skyline Bar at the Yarrow Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

You added Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1800 Park Avenue, Park City, UT 84060   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #33 of 59 hotels in Park City
Park City, Utah
“Skyline Bar at the Yarrow Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I couldn't find a specific entry for the Skyline Bar at the Yarrow. I've been coming to the Sundance Film Festival for 10 years now, and service at the bar has been problematic and spotty. This year, though, we've had the best service we've ever had at the bar, thanks to an outstanding waitress, Nicole. While the Yarrow staff has generally been great this year, including their new manager, Ryan, Nicole has gone above and beyond in taking care of us every single night. I know we film industry folks can be terribly high maintenance, but she handles the crowds and chaos with a friendly smile and the best service I've had there in a decade. Please keep her on the schedule the rest of the fest, we LOVE Nicole!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
THANKS! It certainly shows how important each staff member is and their great work can reflect on the entire team! Thank you Nicole!

265 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
washington,dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Just returned from an 11 night stay and the stay was terrific. As an example of the fine and thoughtful service I received, the hair dryer would not turn on. I called the front desk to report the problem - this was in the evening of my first night around 7-8 P.M. Within 20 minutes a maintenance individual showed up, it turns out the dryer was fine, it was a problem with the Ground Fault Interrupter. I left for dinner and when I returned I found the maintenance person left a regular hair dryer, plugged into a normal outlet. The very next morning an engineer showed up and fixed the GFI. That's just a small example of how enjoyable the staff made sure my stay would be.

Another example was the cleanliness of the room. This past April I stayed at the "W" hotel in New Orleans for my son's bachelor party. The "W" and the Yarrow have the same style wash vanity, granite on the top and an open shelf on the bottom for storage use. When I put toiletry items on the shelf at the "W' the underneath of the sink was, to put it mildly, disgusting. Cob webs, dirt - etc. When I went to put my toiletry supplies on the shelf in the Yarrow, it was spotless - clean. The "W', needless to say was 4 times the cost per night. And, a rarity - the lint filters in the dryers in the laundry room were always clean.

Free shuttle to the Canyons in the A.M. & pickup in the P.M. Fresh Market right next door, bus to town right out front. This is my 'go to place' for Park City.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
We appreciate your review very much. We are proud that our staff is empowered to take care of the Guest, or as Elvis put it, "Taking Care of Business". We hope to see you back soon!
Provo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We recently went to the Yarrow for a weekend getaway and the hotel staff was exceptionally friendly. Upon checking in, they gave us our choice of room and helped us pick a room with a view of the mountains. When there weren't any rooms available with the mountain view in the price range that we made the reservation in, they gave us a complimentary upgrade to a nicer room. It was a clean, quiet, and peaceful stay. My wife and I would definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
gmyarrow, Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for the very kind review. We have been very focused on our Service Standards and it appears we have hit a home run on your visit. We look forward to your next visit.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in December. Stayed last year and service was good. Managers were nice and had great customer service. Corporate guy was there and staff was happy ( rare). This year was well below expectation. No one cared, staff said corporate made changes, affected, clearly, staff morale. What kind of company is this? Restaurant was poorly staffed. Desk was too. Service here was the worst. I'll never stay again and will make sure I tell everyone to avoid this place. Needs new owners and managers

• Stayed December 2012
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We very disappointed that did not feel Welcomed! As you can see some very positive reviews during the same period, it is clear we have to be consistent and focused in our guest service experience. I regret that I did not have the opportunity to visit with you in person to better understand where we let you down. I am sorry for our less than positive service and hope you will allow us another chance in the future.
usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were initially concerned that staying here would be a hassle since it's a half mile from the ski slopes at Park City Mountain Resort but the shuttle picks you up and drops you off easily. No problem. We booked on Expedia. The rooms are fine. We had 2 queen beds which were fine for our family. There's a good restaurant that serves good breakfasts and dinners plus a bar on the premises. We'd stay there again and given the inflated prices of slopeside condos and hotes, you'll save a bundle

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your positive review. We do feel we have a great Location and hope you will be back soon!
Hillsborough, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

A superb ski vacation this Christmas and our 24 yearly visit to the Yarrow. The hotel has maintained its extremely high standards and the staff are so helpful and pleasant. Special thanks to Ivan Diacik for his warm welcome, helpful assistance and great time skiing the double black runs at Deer Valley. Food was great this year in the hotel restaurant. And special thanks too for Edgar David who always made sure my breakfast was done to perfection and on time. See you next Christmas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate comments very much. We are currently planning for a major renovation so we hope you will be back soon to see our improvements!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Came up for the weekend. The hotel is located very conveniently to the slopes, and had a shuttle stop right in front of the hotel. Did I mention that the shuttle is free. :) When I had questions about the area, the staff was very helpful and didn't seem to mind all of my many questions. I would come back without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2012
We really enjoyed your comments and will continue to work hard to improve our service and property. We have a major renovation planned for late Spring, so come back and enjoy Park City again.

Been to Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!