“Front desk attendant Ivan was The Man” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay More, Save More
Ranked #34 of 58 Hotels in Park City
SLC
“Front desk attendant Ivan was The Man”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We went up to have a nice relaxing weekend get away and had a great stay. Ivan helped us out and made our stay perfect. He was extremely accommodating and went above and beyond what we had expected for the weekend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on you last stay. I'm glad that you were able to have a relaxing time with us. I will also pass along to Ivan the kudoes that you have given him.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Upland, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We've stayed at the Yarrow a number of times now, and this time the room was considerably better. A nice, functional mini-suite with kitchen and working fireplace.

Fluffy white towels and plentiful, rapid hot water.

They had some difficulties extending my stay. I'd communicated with their reception desk on arrival, but, apparently, the information never got put in any record, so had to start over again two days into the stay when I found I was locked out of my room.

Good exercise room right off the pool and hot tub. Didn't smell of chlorine.

Note that right next door is an upscale market that appears to be open around the clock. Maybe this will allow you to avoid some of the higher-priced restaurants in town...

The hotel has a few issues of stairs between sections and might be a little problematic for handicapped customers. This place is for skiiers in the winter, particularly. Just don't get injured.

Room Tip: They may have rooms on the west side that are more spartan and designed for skiing parties. The n...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
gmyarrow, General Manager at Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear William D,

We appreciate your repeat business! We are continuing to improve our property and guest service and it means a great deal to have your recognition.

We hope to see you back, we just recieved 8 inches of new snow!!

Respectfully,

Kim Dinsmoor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I organized a Utah (state-wide) conference at this location. RIght away we were greeted by Megan & Ivan at the Front Desk...they were most friendly & helpful! Later that evening we met Mark. The next day I finally met the A/V Maintenance guy, Alejandro along with Gabriel & Coletta. On Thursday, I finally met Melanie (who I had talked to MANY times) and she was WONDERFUL. I also met Allan when we needed to final up our bill. There is a Meagan over atering/food that I wasn't able to meet but the food was DELICIOUS!! Again, Gabriel and all that worked with him was outstanding!! Everything was taken care of very professionally & courteously. Where we have our conferences annually but alternate locations (North to South end of state) I would most definitely consider this location again in two years! LOVED IT!!! :-)

Room Tip: Conference room held 100+; Temp of room was good all day through the conference of 2 1/2 days; Execu...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Its hard to believe that the owners of this hotel also own the Holiday Inn Express in Heber City. Total change of service. I arrived at the Yarrow after having a horrible experience at Holiday Inn Express. The GM of Holiday was being arrested and was using profanity as she was being escorted out the door. This was in front of my young children. Anyway, everything was very pleasant and the staff was very friendly and courteous and I think I may make this my new destination choice. I have family in Heber City but after what happened at Holiday, I think I will drive the extra 15 miles to stay at a more professional, courteous enviroment. Nice room, nice location and overall a really good 2 day stay. My kids enjoyed it too. Back to school!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

While making my reservation the girl on the phone I believe her name was Krystal was very rude, yes i did ask many questions, I wanted to know what I was buying. This should have been a red flag but I booked the room.
Upon arrival they couldn't find my reservation, somehow it didn't make it into the system, I supposed the girl that made the reservation did not even make it, fortunately there were other rooms available, when I asked for a complementary upgrade I was asked "this is the type of room you booked, isn't it?" that was the end of my request.
I walked into a room that overlooked towards a wall and a tent, I wanted to ask for a different room but thought it wasn't worth rattling the desk people. The internet kept crashing every 20 minutes and it was never fixed, a man came by twice but he must of got tired,he never came back despite multiple calls to the front desk.
At check out I was denied a late check out, I was told it was against policy.
I recommend paying a couple extra bucks to receive some decent service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Wayne, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Considering the price and the location this place was great. No real frills, but when your in Park City you are there for the scenery so it was great. Would definitely go back and would recommend if you want to go to Park City and not spend a fortune on the hotel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Sandy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Went there for our Anniversary - Let’s start with the fact that I requested an early check in & was told they would make this a cleaning Priority & call me as soon as it was ready. At 3:30pm I called & was told “oh I just came on a little while ago & no one told me. But its ready." So we get there & have to sign this crazy waiver that says if we smoke outside on the balcony that they would charge us $500. (Yikes) That explains the butts all over the ground outside the hotel. The rooms aren’t anything special but being our Anniversary of course we were going to make the best out of it. The bathroom is super tiny! Sink in one area, tub & toilet in a tiny room. Tiny to the point you have to maneuver to reach the toilet paper as the toilet is almost right against the wall & the tub is right on the other side. Shower is luke warm at best at 6:30am. We got a hotel special package that included breakfast & dinner in their Mountain Grill restaurant. We go to dinner, right off the bat we have a 15 min. wait & there are only 2 families in there. No wait staff in sight the entire 15 min. Finally we get seated. Another family had arrived and was also waiting to be seated. A customer actually got up, greeted them & sat them. Everyone just kind of gave each other a look. They charbroil the steaks & it’s the main item on the menu (online & hotel room menus have changed so don’t go by them.) I order a rare blackened rib eye, seasonal veg’s, and garlic mashed. Hubby orders a well done filet minion. What we ordered & what we got were 2 complete different things. I got a very light (not a speck of char) med-well steak with very crunchy barely warm veg’s & regular mashed. Hubby got a rare steak. The server tells me if I want blackened, it has to be well done. (NOT the case!) The manager agreed w/me & offered to have the chef make me a new one that I could take with us. Then 8 min later comes out & tells me he is very sorry but the steaks are frozen. WOW & this is their Main menu item??!! I still tipped the server (What was I thinking). So we leave with only a few bites of not good food. The family that was seated by the customer caught us & told us that the chef was actually sitting at one of the two tables eating with his family. I didn’t even notice, after a brief discussion of how this was not good, we part ways. We decide we will take a shuttle to Main St. so we are at the hotel front desk asking about the shuttles & of course Ivan didn’t know. The restaurant manager & the chef come out & say my steak is ready if I want to come back & get it. I said I thought it was frozen? The manager says the chef has his ways. Okay they nuked it – ummm NO THANKS!!. Breakfast was the same way – an omelet is NOT fried eggs with greasy vegies put on it & folded. The refrigerator in our room didn’t work so instead of just moving us to another room, Ivan has us wait forever and a guy brings a big clunky apt. size one to our room that was loud & kept me awake most of the night. We did have a chance to go in the Hot tub with 3 children under 12 & unattended splashing. (Just what I wanted to do was babysit on my Anniversary). However, I left that hotel with an eye infection & a doctor’s bill. My Dr. said I got it from the bacteria in the hot tub. The next day Krystal removed the charges & apologized. But, I wouldn’t stay there again if you paid me! It will leave a very bad taste in your mouth! We left & went to Park Silly Market (Which is Awesome!) A vendor there makes leather dog collars and such, GREAT! We bought a collar & leash for my dog. Love them! And had fun! So, we did salvage our Anniversary but it wasn’t what you would want for a special occasion or ANY occasion. STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: TIP: If you want a good room stay some place else. It's not even close to anything (unless u nee...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Yarrow Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!