Our excellent stay started with a warm welcome before we had even got out of the car. Then, miraculously, before we even knew it our ski equipment had been placed in a warm storage area, our bags had been delivered to our room, our car parked underground and a glass of wine was in our hands. After that it just kept getting better.
Our room, a Pool King was charming with a super comfortable bed, powerful shower and a view of, you guessed it, the steaming outdoor pool. The room was provided with every treat possible, fruit, chocolates, robes, slippers,Moulton Brown toiletries, ipod dock and even a welcome bottle of sparkling wine. The room was not exactly oversized but you have some absolutely gorgeous public areas in which to relax. There is a formal sitting area which is graced by a huge fire and wonderful chandelier and another more relaxing area downstairs for more casual apres-ski.
The breakfasts are delicious and cooked to order. The chef is very generous with the portions and everyday a different 'special' was offered.
The outdoor pool and hot tub were wonderful after a hard day of skiing and the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine which the staff graciously brought to us.
The hotel is beautiful and has been restored most sympathetically. It has been decorated with some very special pieces but remains comfortable and functional. Its location is great, just one block from Main Street and a very short walk downhill to the ski lift. At the end of the day I believe that you can ski almost back to the door.
The building's exteriors and interiors are worthy of being featured in any high class design magazine but it is the staff who created our fondest memories. We were fortunate to receive fantastic service from the minute we arrived to the moment we departed. Nothing was too much trouble and everything was done with a smile - early breakfast, printing us a driving instructions, restaurant recommendations, valet service for our car and skis and wine by the pool. We were thoroughly spoilt with their genuine friendliness and efficiency. Thank you.
Like the last reviewer stated - it is hard to leave this cozy oasis but you ski all the better knowing what luxury awaits you on your return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive downtown Park City boutique hotel where you can expect… well, the unexpected. Built as a school in 1889, Washington School House has just graduated to a new level of luxury with the completion of its stunning renovation. Original quarried limestone exterior. Twelve spectacular rooms/suites. Historic living space with 16ft ceilings. Roaring fire. Chic ski lounge. Heated pool terraced in the hillside. Wine, aspen trees, stars. You get the picture. School is out but the hotel team is in… providing unprecedented service for an unequaled experience in an unparalleled location. The new Washington School House. Where old school is the new cool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Washington School House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington School Hotel Park City
- Washington School House Hotel Park City, Utah