“The Stein Eriksen Lodge is a spectacular hotel in a beautiful setting that far exceeded our expectations!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley

Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Green River
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Our guilty pleasure is to stay at nice hotels when we go away. We have stayed at many upscale hotels in many places. I can truly say that The Stein Eriksen Lodge is the most elegant, beautiful, amazing hotel that we have ever visited! We arrived at night and the lights on the grounds were just beautiful. When we approached the hotel, we were greeted by a majestic entrance with beautiful lighting, spectacular flower arrangements and amazing architecture. The staff was so welcoming and helpful that we felt comfortable from the minute we arrived. Our room was simply beautiful, also clean and neat. We had a fireplace and a hot tub on the deck. The beds were amazingly comfortable. We ordered room service and it was delicious. The staff was prompt and very polite. We walked on the grounds and were amazed at the beautiful landscaping. The inside of the hotel is warm and comforting with a sophisticated elegance. We loved the hotel so much that we have already booked another visit for next month! This is our new hotel for when we want to treat ourselves to an extravagant pleasure. This hotel was well worth every penny!!

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed for the July 4th holiday for a relaxing getaway. Stein is truly amazing with a gorgeous and peaceful setting. The service was impeccable and our room was so lush! I loved that we even had fresh flowers in our bathroom! Whether you are at Stein for business or pleasure, it truly is an experience you won't want to miss!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

While I primarily visited the Spa, everything about this property exudes quality and service.

In the summer, the grounds are beautiful and lush, and if you are looking to escape the heat of the Salt Lake Valley on a hot day, this is worth it. While I did not book a room, I spent time wandering the property and of, course, as a Spa patron.

One doesn't just go for a specific service at the Spa; they make this an experience. You can avail yourself of the pool, hot tubs, sauna, steam room and poolside beverage and meal service. There is also a wonderful Relaxation Room where you can escape and quietly meditate or read.

From the moment I walked into the Spa, the staff was friendly and attentive. They provide Spa Sandals, lockers--you don't need to bring a lock :) robes and towels. There are changing rooms, plentiful sinks, all well appointed.

Outdoors the pool is in a very nice setting, with views of Deer Valley mountain. Lounge chairs and umbrellas, they offer wonderful lounge covers that actually hook over the chair back so they don't fall down. The towels are thick and generously sized. There is a cooler of water available. The attendant is very attentive, bringing menus and beverages. I opted to eat at one of the tables, and he set everything up for me.

My lunch was very nice-a Wild Smoked Salmon sandwich with hand crafted beer sauerkraut. The side salad was very nice, especially the spiced walnuts.

The outdoor pool to me was a bit warm--they keep it at 89 degrees. While I know it can get cool in the mornings and evenings, in the heat of a sunny afternoon, it's not as refreshing as I personally like. However, many people enjoyed it.

The outdoor hot tub is actually hot, unlike many hotels--105 degrees. It's definitely a keeper in my book.

Outside, I enjoyed a great couple of hours before my Spa treatments.

Inside, I also took a dip in the hot tub--also at a perfect temperature. There is a smaller "cooling" tub adjacent, and I took a dip in that (almost). At 55 degrees, it's meant to cool you quickly. I got up to my thighs, and scampered back to the hot tub. It did make that even more enjoyable by contrast.

My Oxygen Facial was awesome, and the aesthetician was great. I felt pampered, which is what I wanted. She did a great facial, and I even got a shoulder, arm, and hand massage as part of it. The best facial I've ever had.

Immediately after the facial, I was met by the masseuse, and had a wonderful massage. It left me wanting more; I was totally relaxed and felt revived. Wonderful massage, wonderful spa.

I took my time and lounged around a bit more--I did have my ride waiting to pick me up, so I didn't dally too much.

On my next visit, I will plan to spend more time, taking advantage of the steam room and sauna, and trying different spa services as well.

I can't say enough that the atmosphere, service and quality are amazing. My husband and I are planning to stay here for an overnight soon.

This was a summer visit; I am also certain the ski season--which is high season in Park City--is full of amazing service and amenities.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I recently enjoyed our best stay ever at a hotel when we spent 5 days at Stein Eriksen.. Every thing about this "lodge" was superb, from the expert and friendly staff, to the marvelous and spacious rooms. The food was on the par with the very finest restaurants we've been to. Every request we made was responded to promptly and with a winsome attitude on the part of the staff. Never having been to Deer Valley before, we were overwhelmed by the beauty and magnitude of the surroundings. Our favorite aspect of our stay, however, was right on the Lodge's spacious grounds - the wonderfully maintained and grand landscaping. What a delight every time we left our room! All in all, five stars does not do this place justice.

Room Tip: We paid a little extra for a suite and it was worth every penny.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We recently stayed 3 nights over the fourth of July Weekend. The whole staff from behind the desk to the maintenance men were professional, always smiling and going out of their way to make your stay as accommodating as possible. When we first arrived, we were given a personal tour of the whole property. When we saw that our room did not have a fireplace she said she will see if there was one available. We received a phone call in five minutes and then a bellman showed up with keys to two different rooms for us to look at and choose which one we preferred. The shuttle service was always prompt when picking us up from town. Another plus to this 5 star hotel was that they did not nickel and dime you like many others. There was a parking lot close by for self parking. If you did valet, it was $12.00 a night which is less expensive than many other places. The use of the spa was included in the hotel rate. We had a wonderful stay at the Stein Erikson and look forward to coming back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We hosted our celebrity charity event here last month and then I had the opportunity to spend a couple of nights myself the following week. We are accustomed to holding our events at first-rate resorts that excel in their service, so our bar is set pretty high. Everyone at Stein from top to bottom exceeded our expectations. Most highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Second time hosting a meeting here and it was as fabulous as the last, which was back in 2008. Went through the RFP process to compare costs and it turned out to be quite affordable for luxury level lodging. The attendees returned high marks for the hotel on their evaluations. They requested to meet in Park City so they could ski and were quite pleased with the hotel. Most of these attendees had not previously been here. Staff is easy to work with and the sales process was fairly seamless. With the addition of other properties to Deer Valley, the Stein is keeping up with Joneses!

Room Tip: This is not your standard box hotel. I've seen many of the rooms, all are unique and offer diff...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley? Share your experiences!