“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed for the July 4th holiday for a relaxing getaway. Stein is truly amazing with a gorgeous and peaceful setting. The service was impeccable and our room was so lush! I loved that we even had fresh flowers in our bathroom! Whether you are at Stein for business or pleasure, it truly is an experience you won't want to miss!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

While I primarily visited the Spa, everything about this property exudes quality and service.

In the summer, the grounds are beautiful and lush, and if you are looking to escape the heat of the Salt Lake Valley on a hot day, this is worth it. While I did not book a room, I spent time wandering the property and of, course, as a Spa patron.

One doesn't just go for a specific service at the Spa; they make this an experience. You can avail yourself of the pool, hot tubs, sauna, steam room and poolside beverage and meal service. There is also a wonderful Relaxation Room where you can escape and quietly meditate or read.

From the moment I walked into the Spa, the staff was friendly and attentive. They provide Spa Sandals, lockers--you don't need to bring a lock :) robes and towels. There are changing rooms, plentiful sinks, all well appointed.

Outdoors the pool is in a very nice setting, with views of Deer Valley mountain. Lounge chairs and umbrellas, they offer wonderful lounge covers that actually hook over the chair back so they don't fall down. The towels are thick and generously sized. There is a cooler of water available. The attendant is very attentive, bringing menus and beverages. I opted to eat at one of the tables, and he set everything up for me.

My lunch was very nice-a Wild Smoked Salmon sandwich with hand crafted beer sauerkraut. The side salad was very nice, especially the spiced walnuts.

The outdoor pool to me was a bit warm--they keep it at 89 degrees. While I know it can get cool in the mornings and evenings, in the heat of a sunny afternoon, it's not as refreshing as I personally like. However, many people enjoyed it.

The outdoor hot tub is actually hot, unlike many hotels--105 degrees. It's definitely a keeper in my book.

Outside, I enjoyed a great couple of hours before my Spa treatments.

Inside, I also took a dip in the hot tub--also at a perfect temperature. There is a smaller "cooling" tub adjacent, and I took a dip in that (almost). At 55 degrees, it's meant to cool you quickly. I got up to my thighs, and scampered back to the hot tub. It did make that even more enjoyable by contrast.

My Oxygen Facial was awesome, and the aesthetician was great. I felt pampered, which is what I wanted. She did a great facial, and I even got a shoulder, arm, and hand massage as part of it. The best facial I've ever had.

Immediately after the facial, I was met by the masseuse, and had a wonderful massage. It left me wanting more; I was totally relaxed and felt revived. Wonderful massage, wonderful spa.

I took my time and lounged around a bit more--I did have my ride waiting to pick me up, so I didn't dally too much.

On my next visit, I will plan to spend more time, taking advantage of the steam room and sauna, and trying different spa services as well.

I can't say enough that the atmosphere, service and quality are amazing. My husband and I are planning to stay here for an overnight soon.

This was a summer visit; I am also certain the ski season--which is high season in Park City--is full of amazing service and amenities.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I recently enjoyed our best stay ever at a hotel when we spent 5 days at Stein Eriksen.. Every thing about this "lodge" was superb, from the expert and friendly staff, to the marvelous and spacious rooms. The food was on the par with the very finest restaurants we've been to. Every request we made was responded to promptly and with a winsome attitude on the part of the staff. Never having been to Deer Valley before, we were overwhelmed by the beauty and magnitude of the surroundings. Our favorite aspect of our stay, however, was right on the Lodge's spacious grounds - the wonderfully maintained and grand landscaping. What a delight every time we left our room! All in all, five stars does not do this place justice.

Room Tip: We paid a little extra for a suite and it was worth every penny.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We recently stayed 3 nights over the fourth of July Weekend. The whole staff from behind the desk to the maintenance men were professional, always smiling and going out of their way to make your stay as accommodating as possible. When we first arrived, we were given a personal tour of the whole property. When we saw that our room did not have a fireplace she said she will see if there was one available. We received a phone call in five minutes and then a bellman showed up with keys to two different rooms for us to look at and choose which one we preferred. The shuttle service was always prompt when picking us up from town. Another plus to this 5 star hotel was that they did not nickel and dime you like many others. There was a parking lot close by for self parking. If you did valet, it was $12.00 a night which is less expensive than many other places. The use of the spa was included in the hotel rate. We had a wonderful stay at the Stein Erikson and look forward to coming back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We hosted our celebrity charity event here last month and then I had the opportunity to spend a couple of nights myself the following week. We are accustomed to holding our events at first-rate resorts that excel in their service, so our bar is set pretty high. Everyone at Stein from top to bottom exceeded our expectations. Most highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Second time hosting a meeting here and it was as fabulous as the last, which was back in 2008. Went through the RFP process to compare costs and it turned out to be quite affordable for luxury level lodging. The attendees returned high marks for the hotel on their evaluations. They requested to meet in Park City so they could ski and were quite pleased with the hotel. Most of these attendees had not previously been here. Staff is easy to work with and the sales process was fairly seamless. With the addition of other properties to Deer Valley, the Stein is keeping up with Joneses!

Room Tip: This is not your standard box hotel. I've seen many of the rooms, all are unique and offer diff...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed at the Lodge over the July 4th weekend. Our room and the overall facilities are high quality and in line with a luxury hotel. I was very disappointed, however, in the overall service levels during our stay. In my opinion, the Lodge was not staffed appropriately to handle the July 4th crowds and service suffered tremendously. Long waits for tables at breakfast and lunch followed by slow and inadequate service. I appreciated the restaurant’s offer to reduce my lunch bill by $20 one afternoon due to the slow service but I would have MUCH preferred to pay full price and enjoyed good service. I overheard several guests complaining about the wait times for tables when many tables were empty. We paid for the bed and breakfast package but skipped breakfast in the restaurant later during our stay as we didn’t want to go through the hassle. We used room service for breakfast which was a better alternative (and paid twice since the bed and breakfast package didn’t include room service)

The pool was overcrowded and the shuttle service to town was hit or miss. One evening the van was packed with 8+ guests with no air conditioning. It must have been 90 degrees in the van. Felt like I was back in college during spring break on a low budget trip.

The front desk and valet staff were very accommodating and friendly. The Lodge has some nice features but I was pretty disappointed overall

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dan F, VP & Managing Director at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear RKS,

It was extremely disappointing to read that we fell woefully short of meeting your expectations. The most frustrating aspect for me is that we knew that it was going to be busy over the 4th and yet is appears by all accounts that we failed to prepare/staff accordingly. For that I sincerely apologize.

We will certainly use your constructive feedback to ensure that we are better prepared and more organized for the next holiday period.

Should you decide to give us another opportunity I would be pleased to be your personal point of contact.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your valued comments.

Dan Flick
VP & Managing Director

Been to Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley? Share your experiences!