“Wedding night - Heaven on earth” 5 of 5 stars

Buy 2 Nights Get 3rd Free
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Wedding night - Heaven on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stein Erickson Lodge was our home for two nights after I got married, and this 5 star resort didn't disappoint. It was a combination of many things that made this trip so great, and I'll do my best to go into detail on each of them.

- location in the mountains of Park City, Utah, surrounded by pine trees, water running through creeks, and beautiful landscape made me all worries float away. There is something about smelling a wood fire in refreshing mountain air that relieves all stresses. I couldn't say enough about the location. 10 out of 10

-service here can be described in three words -- attention to detail. It is the little things that separate this resort from others I have been to, for example, turn down service in the morning and evenings that includes fresh robes and slippers on a freshly made bed. They even organized toiletry items on a towel in the bathroom, folded clothes, and put relaxing music on in our room. In the lobby they would have water with fresh lime/lemon/strawberry mixed in to give it just a hint of flavor. Everyone made us feel like they were there for us, and we're willing to do anything to accommodate and make my wife and I happy. Valet is prompt, and very eager to help with bags, or anything else that we needed.

-rooms/grounds: first off, the rooms at this resort are immaculate. Once again it is the detail in architecture, paintings, kitchen appliances, and more. The rooms are spacious, and have up to date appliances that make living simple and fun. Steam room showers, and jetted bath tubs were just the ticket after a long day. Our dishes were even cleaned in the dishwasher by our turn down service (nice surprise)! Views are nothing short of spectacular. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite that overlooked Deer Valley Resort. The grounds and maintenance of the resort are what truly caught my eye. There are colorful flowers that I have never seen before all over the resort, with beautiful green grass, and flickering Oak trees. I'm sure this place is beautiful year round and would love to see what it would look like in the winter with snow. There was never an issue with appliances, our room, and everything was extremely well kept on the grounds.

I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway anytime of the year, and I know we will be back soon. Thank you Stein Erickson Lodge for making my wedding weekend so perfect.

Ps. Try the brunch at the lodge!!!! It was INCREDIBLE. Fresh wide assortment of delicious food.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 3rd level, and facing the ski runs. Very private, but exceptional view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful weekend in beautiful Deer Valley. The staff is very attentive, accommodations are beautiful and luxurious. We took advantage of the complimentary shuttle service to and from Old Town Park City. Breakfast on the deck outside the restaurant was delicious, and there are more outdoor activities available than there is time to enjoy them!

Room Tip: We prefer the older rooms in the original lodge, however there can be some noise from the deck outsi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Guy M, VP Marketing & Sales at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Richard L:
Thank you for selecting Stein Eriksen Lodge for your recent get-a-way. Especially, your sharing of comments via Tripadvisor is appreciated.

Happy July 4th,
Guy Morris
Stein Eriksen Lodge
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I travel a lot for business and I will admit that I am picky being the born and raised Manhattanite that I am, so it is always a pleasure to find a hotel that lives up to my expectations. Stein's was perfect the minute I walked in. I like a well run place that does what it should do without any coaching from me. I did my job, relax and they did their job, help me relax. Setting - outstanding. Food - same, Decor - same. I checked out a few other spots while I was there. St Regis did not appeal due to the complicated parking and accessibility. Montage is certainly nice but just not my sort of taste. A little too soulless, but hey each to their own. I will be back for Ski Season and look forward to relaxing with at a Hotel that doesn't need me doing anything other than just that.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

living in Salt Lake I decided to surprise my girlfriend with a night up at Stein Eriksen Lodge. All I can say is that it was the best idea I ever had! We loved all the pampering and attention to every detail. The only thing I wish was that a room with a Hot Tub on the deck had been available. Our room was as clean as possible and it felt like we were the only ones here. I applaud the housekeepers as my girlfriend is kind of a clean freak. Breakfast in the morning was outstanding and we were just sad when we had to leave!
Being local I guarantee we will be staying here again and I would highly recommend others looking into it as well! All my girlfriend say is that she wishes she was back up there!

Room Tip: Any Room with a Hot tub is recommended. Even in the summer it cools down and is very nice at night!
Hamptons, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

From the moment you step into Stein you are enveloped in old world luxury with welcoming smiles. The Sunday brunch was truly outstanding. I have been to some of the best around the world and Stein has now taken the crown as the best of the best. Glitretind restaurant has breath taking views of the mountain and the best part is you are cosy inside eating a heavenly brunch ! We were a party of four, 1 vegetarian, 1 cheese connesuir, 1 chocoholic and 1 omnivore. Everyone was dancing with excitement over their sorties to the various brunch stations. The scale, selection and quality of the cuisine was top notch. I had to restrain myself from photographing every station to send to my daughter in NY so she could see what she missed out on. Service was excellent, our waiter Philbert was absolutely charming - always there when you needed something but never hovering. Can't wait to go back and take my family members who missed out the first time !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Guy M, VP Marketing & Sales at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear quoguegmail:

Thank you for staying at Stein Eriksen Lodge this winter! Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,
Guy Morris
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We held a conference here for about 20 people during off-season in May. Many excellent features - hotel rooms, gym, food, hotel shuttles, AV services, surrounding space. The main conference room was okay, but watch out for the large wood pillars, dark lighting and low ceiling - a bit of an energy sapper. The conference staff was good. The main hotel restaurant is excellent quality but expensive, as is the bar. There were good breakout rooms. Getting into Park City was easy. I would consider this site again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stein Erikson has become one of our families favorite retreats! The accommodations are beautiful, the grounds and surrounding area breath taking, and the staff is amazing! We have come up here every year for the past four years and will continue to make this a planned get away.
If you can, the spa is a most and the brunch is delicious!!

Room Tip: Villa's are great for families with plenty of room, and the private hot tub on each balcony is s...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Guy M, VP Marketing & Sales at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Guest:
Your patronage is truly appreciated. Thank you! Meantime, in our continuation to keeping things fresh and to welcome you back - we are in midst of a $2 million dollar guest room renovation. (the upgrades are being conducted quietly, just a few rooms at-a-time). Please let us know what you think of the results.

Warmest of regards,
Guy T. Morris
Stein Eriksen Lodge

Been to Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley? Share your experiences!