“Wish we could have stayed a week or a month!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #5 of 59 hotels in Park City
Cape Coral, Florida
“Wish we could have stayed a week or a month!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We only stayed one night/day at The Stein Eriksen on our way to the rest of our 30 anniversary trip. Met up with our daughter who had been there a week. IT was an amazing experience. What a beautiful place. All the staff want to make sure that your stay is exceptional. we had a wonderful breakfast overlooking the mountains! the food was outstanding! Best breakfast we have ever eaten. Who knew that breakfast could be so healthy, interesting and different, using the basic ingredients. I can only imagine what lunch or dinner might be like! We had a suite in the Lodge with a beautiful view. You can be sure that returning for a longer stay some time is now on our bucket list!

Room Tip: we were in the Lodge, our daughter in the newer area, both were super!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

404 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Ogden, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our 9 year wedding anniversary and are 8 months pregnant with our fourth child. We were excitedly awaiting our over night stay at the Stein Eriksen! Everything seemed like it would be perfect! Grandma was scheduled to watch our three girls, and we had booked one of their specials with a private hot tub on the deck and breakfast in the morning. We were a couple looking for a romantic and relaxing evening away..and it never happened. The first problem was a lady from reservations called us the day before our stay was scheduled to confirm our reservation. She could see in the notes section that it was our anniversary, we were also on a "babymoon" as I am 8 months pregnant, and that I needed the hot tub on the deck set to no more than 100 degrees. She said that would not be a problem at all, and would be ready for us when we checked in. She also noted that our stay included breakfast. Then she dropped a bomb. We couldn't HAVE breakfast. And there was nothing she could do about it. Apparently I had booked our stay through an outsource agency, and because it wasn't DIRECTLY through them, we couldn't have the free breakfast, even though we paid for the package that included it. There was nothing she could do, but did we want to go ahead and book their breakfast anyway, at $35 per person plus tax and tip? Um, no. I don't want to pay for my breakfast AGAIN. Thank you very much. I had to call back the company the I had booked through, and apparently they wouldn't help them either. Thankfully the company refunded me $70 of my $470 bill that I had paid. But c'mon, you see that we are celebrating. You see I am 8 months pregnant. You see I booked a special that you are OFFERING ON YOUR WEBSITE. You can't make an exception? Seriously? Ok, whatever. I'll get over it. I am still excited to check in, and finally feel some relief from the pains of pregnancy by relaxing in the hot tub. My husband and I get there and check in. We arrive later (about 9pm) as we were having a great time in SLC. We bought dessert from a lovely bakery and decided to head up there and eat it in our "private" Jacuzzi tub. Ha. We check in. The people are very nice. The bellman leads us to our room, and was basically sprinting up the numerous flights of stairs that you climb to get to your room. This wasn't a big deal, but my husband had to ask him three times to please slow down as he had left us in his dust. I'll admit it, I waddle now! I can't help it. I'm not as fast as I used to be, but really? We have to ask three times for you to slow down? I just told my husband it wasn't a big deal and I would catch up! I did, and we entered our room. The room is beautiful, and so are the views. The bellman shows us around and leads us out to our deck with private hot tub that is SUPPOSED to be set at 100 degrees-it's NOT. It's set at 105 degrees. He did take the top off of the hot tub, turn the jets on, and set it to cool off. It did finally cool off to 100 degrees at 11:30pm! I'm exhausted, but still want to relax with my hubby in the hot tub, so we get in. And it would have been nice, if not for the chain smoker sitting out on the deck right next to us. After inhaling the second hand smoke for 10 minutes, we decide to get out and call it a night.

It's hot in our room. No big deal, we turn the air down and decide to open the door to our deck to let in some cool air. We both fall into a semi peaceful sleep. (is it possible to sleep peacefully at 8 months pregnant?) Suddenly we are awakened by loud and very drunk people partying on their balcony at 2am. LOUD, SCREAMING, LAUGHING, BURPING people. At 2am. My husband got up and closed the door and we could still hear them. I never did fall back asleep.

I laid in bed waiting for my hubby to wake up. He woke up and as a last ditch effort to try and enjoy some part of this stay we decide to try out the two person Jacuzzi bath tub in our bathroom. Surely this will be relaxing, right? WRONG. We fill up the tub and climb in. Ahhhh, peace. Until we realize you can't turn on the jets from inside the tub. No big deal, my hubby checks the nozzles to make sure they are pointing into the tub, gets out and turns on the jets, and they immediately spray, quite forcefully, EVERYWHERE except IN the tub! They soaked the ENTIRE bathroom. The walls, the floor, the toilet, EVERYTHING! We quickly shut them off, get out of the tub and start trying to sop up the mess. We used every towel we had, and they were all sopping wet and there was still more of a mess! At that point we decided we were ready to leave.

My husband called the valet service to ask them to bring up our car because we're checking out. We head down to the front desk where the nice lady asked us "Did you have a relaxing stay?" I just started laughing. It was either laugh or cry at that point. We drove away, and quite honestly, I have no desire to ever go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
DBullert, General Manager at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
There are only a few words for which I could express that would afford a sincere apology to the compounding issues you faced during your recent stay. I would like to thank you for allowing me to privately discuss and reconcile the situation. I hope our dialogue amended your perception of Stein Eriksen Lodge as well as shaped an opportunity for another future visit and a long and lasting relationship.
Dan Bullert
Hotel Manager
Acton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Fantastic property that isn't your typical brand five star. It captures the flavor of the region and is so cozy and comfortable but with the finest service. Rooms were spacious, beds were comfortable and it had all the best amenities. Looking forward to going back during ski season.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Have stayed here 4 times at at The Canyons 3 and I give the edge to this resort for food and service as well as the location. All have been national sales conferences and this is a magnificent property with tremendous service

Room Tip: View of the mountains
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Miami Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was my first visit to this resort. I was amazed at the wonderful accommodations at this hotel. Everything I heard before my stay was true. The staff anticipated my every need and assured I had everything to make my stay comfortable. The property is nestled so naturally in the hillside which adds to it's beauty.

• Stayed September 2013
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Visited the "SPA" for the day. Very luxurious but young children in and out with parents who obviiously could not understand the sign that read "NO CHILDREN UNDER 12 ALLOWED IN THE SPA". The staff were very frustrated because these people did not think the rule applied to them. The design of the spa allows people to enter the spa from the pool area without a key..poor design. I frequent the resort spas in the area as I live there. I have never seen children in the spa area of any other luxury resort. It was quite annoying as I paid top dollar for the serenity that the spa provides sans children!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Had a great bedroom suite, absolutely amazing dinner at the restaurant. My first experience in park city Utah from Montana...loved the helpful staff that were there to assist you with whatever your needs are! I am looking forward to booking a winter getaway with the whole family!

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley? Share your experiences!