“An oasis in the summer or winter” 5 of 5 stars

Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7700 Stein Way, Park City, UT 84060   |
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
“An oasis in the summer or winter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

On a recent trip to Utah for a graduation, I stayed at the Stein Ericksen Lodge for three nights. Upon arriving I was greeted by a very attentive valet staff and front desk. My spacious room was immaculately clean. The rooms are large, comfy, well-decorated and (mine, at least) had a gas fireplace. The bathrooms were spotless and the beds were always beautifully made. Housekeeping does an incredible job here.

During my stay, I dined at the lodge's restaurant, the Glitretind. The chef greeted our table and brought us a complimentary tasting/appetizer. The sommelier was fantastic and helped us pick from an extensive wine list. The wait staff was quick and attentive. My food was prepared as requested and not over-cooked. The general manager of the lodge came to our table toward the end of our meal, checked up on us and ensured that our stay was going well.

I was truly impressed by the overall quality of service at this lodge and I recommend it to anyone who has the fortune of going to Park City, Utah, in the summer or winter.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Modesto, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Stein Erickson Lodge is an impressive lodge with staff, rooms and amenities to match. The hotel thinks of everything that you could need for your stay, and if you do need something they will get it to you upon request. Housekeeping kept our room impecable, while the valet service always had our car ready and wating when we needed it. The front desk staff was most helpful when needing to extend our stary. Everyone we encountered on the property was there to make our vacation the best experience possible, and they did. We hope to return again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Flims, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel is located high above Park City (Deer Valley). The scenery over the ski mountains is great. The guests services are nearly perfect. Check in and the reception is very professional, world class. Everything is clean and in good shape. Our room was big and with a comfortable bed with fine linens. If you order a drink with alcohol you also have to buy some food. That's what they said, but the snack was complimentary. It's maybe confusing. The spa looks small but is high class and included. The hotel is inside very nice with alpine style decorations. What we disliked was the architecture of the hotel with the two story units. From your room you have to walk a lot. To the spa with the bathrobe we walked outside on the pathways some minutes. Also the terasse/lounge outside is made too simple, like sitting on a concret parking lot. The hotel is extra class, but on every balcony is a plastic jacuzzi. We were glad, that no guests were bathing and partying on their balcony. We can recommend this famous hotel with first class services. Don't pay attention to few ugly things.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

As always from the moment we arrived to departure SEL was perfect. Great suite, attentive staff, wonderful food. If you are looking for a first class hotel in Park City Steins is clearly the choice. They will go the extra mile to make your stay perfect.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our family just enjoyed our 40th visit to Stein Eriksen Lodge. Berkely took very good care of us. We had an enjoyable swim, enjoyed the spa and exercise room, enjoyed great views, and had wonderful service. Our suites were roomy and high class. We look forward to returning to SEL very soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The staff and services at Stein Eriksen Lodge in Park City, Utah are the best I have ever encountered. I have traveled the world, but SEL impressed me every day by the willingness of their staff to go the second mile without complaint. The food is great. The views are stunning. The chair lift is fifty feet from the lodge. The summer is just as good as winter with cool weather and wonderful summer activities for everyone to enjoy. The bike paths are the best I have ever seen. The SEL shuttle guys saved us! I got lost on a 12-mile bike ride with my 7-year-old granddaughter and the SEL driver found us out in the middle of a huge meadow at a storage facility!! You guys are our heroes!!!! SEL ROCKS!!!!

Room Tip: Get a map of the hotel when you first check in. I got lost trying to find my room every time and we...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Olongapo, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The Stein Eriksen Lodge is like visiting a bit of history if
you watch the winter olympics. Its also a fav for alot of stars.
Had brunch with Conan Obrien before he was famous.
I made Conan laugh that morning more than he made us laugh. Thats funny.

The atmosphere is very very relaxed and comfortable. A true rustic lodge feel. In fact I dont even know if there is a bar there. We only had wine with dinner, rest of the time was enjoying the skiing.

As soon as you check in they unload your ski gear and put
it into a locker for you. Well thats after they wax your skis and do a tune up.

Just one of the best skiing experiences of my life. Well actually one of my worst also. They got over 2ft of fresh powder while we were there and I hadnt skiied in years.
Really was a challenge for me but well worth it. Got an in room massage after that. Excellent and professional.

The heated outdoor pool is a must. Just so cold outside
you dont want to do it, but once in......heaven. Actually alot of people dont use it, we only spent time with a few couples and they were talkative. Who doesnt like chatting about the slopes and overlooking the most amazing view.

They also have helicopter skiing if you like. Well not for me, the fresh powder was more than enough.

The Restaurant, sorry dont remember the name but is just
incredible with fresh game. I had venison and just amazing.

I hate the cold but it really was never cold and I was there in January. Again the greatest skiing experience of my life.

Room Tip: Get an outside room facing the slopes. Its just amazing and worth the expense.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley? Share your experiences!