When I first got passionate about skiing, I learned at Vail and returned year after year for over 20 years. All the while, I kept on hearing about a world class resort in Deer Valley and promised myself I would someday go there.
Five years ago, it happened. My wife and I stayed for a week and knew immediately, we would return yearly and have done so even up to this moment as we are currently completing our next to last day.
Why? It is the consummate of ski in/ ski out resorts with a European accent offering high end accommodations that merit the fare. The staff is superb and overly excited to please one and all. The restaurant and lounge provides for fine and casual dining. The lodge itself is so inviting for rest and relaxation before an after skiing.
The best feature may be the ski locker room provide for all guests and served by a staff of overachieving helpers who do just about everything, but ski for you such as put on your boots, place your skis and poles in the snow outside, great you upon return, help you out of the boots and place the skis and poles in your locker and put the boots on a drying rack for overnight.
The pearl of all pearls is to see the iconic Stein Eriksen, now in his 80`s, who won gold in the 52` Olympics in addition to numerous other world titles. He often lunches there, has a special parking place designated for him and still graces the slopes with his masterful form. The menus have specific dishes Stein prefers that are named after him and the lobby contains numerous awards and metals along with pictures from the days of his prime.
If you desire the best of all mountain experiences, whether it be during ski season or otherwise, this is as good as it gets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stein Eriksen Lodge is Utah’s only Forbes Five Star/ Five Diamond resort. We are centrally located at Mid-Mountain Deer Valley. Only steps from all the activities that Deer Valley has to offer and only a short shuttle ride to Historic Main Street, Park City. We are North Americas premiere mountain destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stein Eriksen Hotel Park City
- Stein Eriksen Park City
- Stein Ericksen Lodge
- Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley Park City, Utah