“Valet set the tone for impeccable service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #4 of 59 hotels in Park City
Ogden, Utah
“Valet set the tone for impeccable service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

A rustic lodge setting that inspires relaxation at every turn. The property offers a beautiful view set in the middle of 1/2 a dozen ski runs with true ski in capabilities and ski butler services. Upon arriving at the hotel we were greeting by Bill - a fantastic valet who was warm and engaging and handle out entire check in process including how use everything in our room. We booked the Flag Staff suite which comfortably sleeps 10 but utilizing a charming bedroom with two sets of adorable bunk beds. Our master bathroom is beautiful and we enjoyed a night under the star on our private balcony our private jacuzzi tub. Fully equipped kitchen and cozy living room with a fireplace ensure our relaxing two night romantic mountain retreat.

• Stayed November 2012

398 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife, daughter and I spent last weekend at Stein Eriksen Lodge, and look forward to coming back. The service is fantastic--subtle and attentive. Our suite (with its own hot tub and two fireplaces) was private and comfortable. We had dinner twice at the restaurant, and both meals were memorable. No complaints, and we definitely saw why Stein Eriksen is consistently rated so highly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

As I had hoped, the Stein Eriksen experience was very pleasant. We rented a suite for the long, fall weekend, which was quite a deal. We hit the spa, which is top notch, the restaurant for brunch, which is not to be missed and the restaurant again for a light dinner. The service is terrific across the board. I work in the hospitality industry and know how difficult it can be to maintain consistent service during the off-season, but I saw no signs of slack-service.

Room Tip: Definitely eat brunch at the restaurant if you are there on the weekend. It is a little expensive...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kirkland, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Consistently rated on the best lists in travel magazines (Conde Nast, Travel & Leisure), so I was excited to finally give this one a try. Got a fantastic rate on SniqueAway and we experienced service I'd expect at a resort of this caliber. We arrived very late in the evening from our flight into SLC, so had dinner at the lounge. Cozy setting, great meal (and dessert!), and service was excellent without being stuffy.

The finishes in the room were high quality and though I'm not one to get hung up on TVs, this was seriously the best picture quality I've ever seen in a hotel. We had a 5-piece bathroom with fresh flowers and Molton Brown toiletries. They had a bit of construction on the grounds during the low season, but we weren't affected by the noise.

The setting of this resort is truly beautiful and peaceful. Simple, but nice parting gesture was more complimentary water from the valet.

Big Sky, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Lodge itself if nice, of course, but we stopped in here recently for drinks on the bar patio with our family and was shocked at the poor service at the bar. Hostess told us to sit outside, server would be right with us. Ten minutes went by, went inside, hostess again said someone would be right out. Another ten minutes, no one. Finally, server, who had already been outside two times, came over and took order. Never even got a drink menu, as promised by hostess. Server himself was fine, but is was a slow fall Saturday, no excuse for poor service. Also, beer was overpriced (expected) but house wine was good value. Overall, disappointed. Perhaps it was because I had a Burton Snowboarding hat on. Hey, I don't judge you because you wear an ugly Norwegian sweater, don't hate on me because I'm a snowboarder.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chef_Zane, Executive Chef & Director of Food & Beverage at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience. My apologies that our team’s level of service fell short of the level of service which we strive for every day with all guests. I have taken your feedback and used it as a training opportunity for our team. I assure you that many members of our service team are avid snowboarders and certainly respect all of our winter sports enthusiasts. We never want any guest to have a negative experience. Please accept my sincere apologies and I hope that you give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit to Park City.

Regards,

Zane Holmquist
Executive Chef & Director of Food & Beverage
Downers Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stein Lodge, one of the original resorts, set at Silver Lake Village Mid-Mountain, has coveted one of the best locations on this mountain. Centrally located to all three peaks/portion of Deer Valley with it's own lift dropping you in front of the lodge is a perfect touch at the end of an incredible ski experience. This resort is truly ski-in and ski-out. I cannot say enough about the ski valet's and the individualized service you will receive in the ski locker. Outstanding! I love the European flare (reminds me of the hotels in Kitzbühel and Courmayeur) Each night's stay includes a full breakfast buffet. Most impressive was how they accommodated a gluten-free issue . I give the room set-up a perfect 10. We have stayed in various rooms during our 4 stays, from two bedrooms condo, one bedroom condo, and a double queen hotel room. Plenty of room to unpack, drawer space is plenty and efficient, as well as the bathroom set-ups. They are split to allow multiple family members access at the same time. No matter what size I found that Stein did an excellent job at designing the function and focus of each room. The food was very good. I have sampled all the choices and at various meals, whether breakfast, lunch, or dinner. And of course if you stop for lunch get the famous Stein Burger. The lodge lobby setting encourages guests to relax and enjoy an apres ski snack or libation and socialize with other guests. The complimentary shuttle to Park City is also a plus, so forget renting a car if you are staying here. You can walk over to Silver Lake Village just yards from Stein which has some fun shopping. Although, I have not had a chance to enjoy the Spa, I did tour it and it could be a destination unto itself. Just look past the front desk "attitude" and the rest is friendly and luxurious. All staff that I encountered were very friendly and helpful. I have two exceptions, and that is the front desk and the concierge. Mediocre compared to the other staff members. My husband wanted some info on the Interconnect Tour in Utah and she did not have much knowledge nor desire to obtain more information for him. I was able to get him on a tour during our stay, but I did all the coordination.
Last season the powder/snow was not typical, which is mother nature's way of humbling us (that was the first time in 6 years that the spring skiing was not outstanding) I give high marks for the design of the resort--- it is not a concrete high-rise disturbing the nature of Deer Valley but instead a resort that has tactfully set itself within her boundaries and compliments all the area has to offer. I highly recommend Stein for families, singles, and couples who are seeking a great ski experience at Deer Valley. Although we have grown accustomed and loyal to Stein, they have not grown accustomed and loyal to us. This may be the year to try Montage.

Room Tip: Request a mountain view room with a hot tub!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Greeted by the Valet staff; warmly greeted by the front counter; quickly taken to our two-bedroom suite for our party of four. Big comfortable living area with comfortable couch, two recliners, big flat screen, wood burning fireplace, gourmet kitchen and beautiful view of the surrounding mountains.

Great restaurants, spa, pool, etc. Very helpful staff

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 108, which can be configured into a one bedroom suite or a two bedroom suite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley? Share your experiences!