“Best Location in Deer Valley” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #4 of 59 hotels in Park City
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Best Location in Deer Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stein Lodge, one of the original resorts, set at Silver Lake Village Mid-Mountain, has coveted one of the best locations on this mountain. Centrally located to all three peaks/portion of Deer Valley with it's own lift dropping you in front of the lodge is a perfect touch at the end of an incredible ski experience. This resort is truly ski-in and ski-out. I cannot say enough about the ski valet's and the individualized service you will receive in the ski locker. Outstanding! I love the European flare (reminds me of the hotels in Kitzbühel and Courmayeur) Each night's stay includes a full breakfast buffet. Most impressive was how they accommodated a gluten-free issue . I give the room set-up a perfect 10. We have stayed in various rooms during our 4 stays, from two bedrooms condo, one bedroom condo, and a double queen hotel room. Plenty of room to unpack, drawer space is plenty and efficient, as well as the bathroom set-ups. They are split to allow multiple family members access at the same time. No matter what size I found that Stein did an excellent job at designing the function and focus of each room. The food was very good. I have sampled all the choices and at various meals, whether breakfast, lunch, or dinner. And of course if you stop for lunch get the famous Stein Burger. The lodge lobby setting encourages guests to relax and enjoy an apres ski snack or libation and socialize with other guests. The complimentary shuttle to Park City is also a plus, so forget renting a car if you are staying here. You can walk over to Silver Lake Village just yards from Stein which has some fun shopping. Although, I have not had a chance to enjoy the Spa, I did tour it and it could be a destination unto itself. Just look past the front desk "attitude" and the rest is friendly and luxurious. All staff that I encountered were very friendly and helpful. I have two exceptions, and that is the front desk and the concierge. Mediocre compared to the other staff members. My husband wanted some info on the Interconnect Tour in Utah and she did not have much knowledge nor desire to obtain more information for him. I was able to get him on a tour during our stay, but I did all the coordination.
Last season the powder/snow was not typical, which is mother nature's way of humbling us (that was the first time in 6 years that the spring skiing was not outstanding) I give high marks for the design of the resort--- it is not a concrete high-rise disturbing the nature of Deer Valley but instead a resort that has tactfully set itself within her boundaries and compliments all the area has to offer. I highly recommend Stein for families, singles, and couples who are seeking a great ski experience at Deer Valley. Although we have grown accustomed and loyal to Stein, they have not grown accustomed and loyal to us. This may be the year to try Montage.

Room Tip: Request a mountain view room with a hot tub!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

428 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Greeted by the Valet staff; warmly greeted by the front counter; quickly taken to our two-bedroom suite for our party of four. Big comfortable living area with comfortable couch, two recliners, big flat screen, wood burning fireplace, gourmet kitchen and beautiful view of the surrounding mountains.

Great restaurants, spa, pool, etc. Very helpful staff

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 108, which can be configured into a one bedroom suite or a two bedroom suite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ringoes, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Sad to stay we are checking out this morning. After 5 nights in a beautiful suite with 2 fantastic wood burning fire places and a hot tub on the deck overlooking the mountains, I don't want to go! This lodge is truly a great experience. The service is great and the views spectacular. The restaurant in the hotel is awesome too. Park City is a fun place to visit and SEL is a great base. I also want to mention that the spa here is wonderful. Some of the best treatments ever!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 210-1 and highly recommend!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

First class.This is a Great place for apres ski beers or hot chocolate.
I love the fondue.
Excellent service and fireside dining or enjoy the amazing buffet style lunch and sit outside in the sun on the verandah!
My favourite hotel in Deer Valley. With excellent options for vegetarians and if you visit during Sundance you'll be surrounded by movie stars.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The most amazing food ever! Creative, flavorful and fresh. The Chef came out to visit and see if everything was to our liking. He even brought a extra side dish for us to share. They treated us as if we were their own special guests. I give 5 stars to the chef!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is everything you need and want in a luxury hotel. The staff will not only bend over backward to help you or to make you comfortable- they do it with a sweetness that is lost in most establishments today. The grounds are impeccable with interesting flowers alongside paths that lead you to your room. The beds are the most comfortable I have slept in ever. Turn down service is above the norm. The spa and pool are top notch. I will only stay here when I am in Park City.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwalk, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I came from CT to stay for the night of our 6th anniversary. We were married at Empire Lodge and stayed our first night as husband and wife at Stein's. we had a king room with a hot tub and a mountain view. The scenery was spectacular. We had dinner at the Gliterand Restaurant and our server was nice but a bit slow. One thing I thought was a bit off was that I told everyone that we were celebrating our anniversary and that we were married there and nobody did anything for us. We didn't get a dessert at dinner, nothing in the room, or breakfast. I am not looking to get something for free, but at $450 a night and 2 meals in the restaurant, I would think they would help us celebrate.

Overall I would definitely suggest you come and enjoy the beauty of Deer Valley!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley? Share your experiences!