“Fun Weekend Getaway!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Lehi, Utah
“Fun Weekend Getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We booked a night here to celebrate my husband graduating college and we are so glad we did. The lady at the front desk upgraded us when she learned about our special celebration and gave us an AMAZING one bedroom suite, it was spacious, comfortable and beautiful! We had a great time biking the rail trail nearby, riding the Alpine Slide and Coaster right across the street, and dining at Ruth's Chris. We couldn't have asked for a better getaway, thank you Shadow Ridge!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason R, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
You are Welcome! I’m so glad that you were able to enjoy such a fun getaway in Park City with us here at Shadow Ridge. Park City has so much to offer in the way of summer activities for all to enjoy! We are glad you enjoyed your upgrade and hope that for your next celebration you come and visit us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We asked for maid service. The only thing the maid did was empty garbage and towel service. No coffee, beds not made, floor had candy spilled that was not vacuumed. Sauna was closed. Asked front desk where to eat breakfast and didn't really have suggestions.

• Stayed May 2013
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I apologize that you did not get the maid service you requested. We don’t do daily maid service, but if requested upon we will take of care of you. Somewhere along the way your request was not communicated properly, which is no excuse! Come visit us again, Park City has a plethora of lovely restaurants to choose from if you like us on face book we would be more that happy to give you twenty dollars towards you next Park City experience. Thank you for your feedback!
Springville, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I booked a premium one bedroom unit for a one night get away during the off season and we were looking forward to a quiet night away from the kids.

When we arrived, check in was easy enough, parking was a bit shady and the elevator from the parking garage was broken so we had to wander the halls of the hotel basement to find our way to the other elevator. The halls and the basement were dark, smelly (in the basement especially), and a little creepy.

Our unit was nice enough. It was decorated very well and it was very clean with a really nice kitchen and nice in general although it was obvious that this was once a hotel that had been renovated on the cheap to be individually owned units. All original hotel room doors were still within our unit and there was a door to another unit as well. Very odd.

Our biggest problem with the place is that the walls were paper thin. You can imagine that our quiet night was spoiled with three women in the unit next to ours had come to park city to party and were up ALL NIGHT LONG doing so. Since it is the off season the front desk is closed after 10 pm and all calls are transferred to the property next door. I couldn't imagine they would be able to do anything to help us.

Besides the rowdy bunch next door, the city bus drove past the building every 5 minutes or less. The walls did nothing to damper the sounds of their loud engines and brakes.

The swimming pool is tiny, Smaller than a backyard pool. The hot tub is huge but not even in the same area as the pool and the building in general was a huge disappointment despite the room itself being quite nice.

I imagine if you were looking for a nice place to ski and have a kitchen while skiing, this would be fine enough as it is really close to the slopes, You could probably catch a bus to anywhere ;) But for our needs, this place failed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I hope that you might give us another try. While it is the offseason and we do close early we do have staff on call all night to assist with any problems you may experience. They can attend to rooms when called upon. We do have the necessary steps to stop guest from making loud noises. I’m however very pleased that you found the accommodation nicely decorated. Once again thank you for your comments.
Provo, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I booked a night at Shadow Ridge for a fun weekend in Park City for my husband's 30th birthday and it was absolutely horrible. It took taking 3 calls to finally get my confirmation email so I guess that was an omen of what was to come. We walked into the room and the carpets were stained and absolutely filthy. I didn't want to take my shoes off. The pillows were thin and uncomfortable, and I found a man's hair on my pillow so I'm pretty sure the pillow cases weren't even washed. They also smelled really musty. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and both my husband and I got a horrible night's sleep. A random alarm in the bedroom went off around midnight playing country music and it took a while to turn it off. The toothbrush holder had water marks on it and there were toothpaste splatters below the mirror in the bathroom from previous occupants. Needless to say I would HIGHLY recommend never staying here. It was absolutely disgusting. I wouldn't stay here again if someone paid me to do it. It basically ruined what was supposed to be a fun getaway.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for posting your comments, it will help us in areas that need to be improved upon. I apologize for the unsatisfactory conditions in your room. Cleanliness is something that is top priority and the issues you experienced should have not happened. If you ever take the time to read my response please feel free to contact myself Jason Renfro the General Manager to discuss what you experienced.
Stuart, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This small motel of a resort is very close to the slopes at Park City and close to downtown. Very hospitable and able to get car service to most places. The rooms were old, dark, and the beds were creaky and mattresses pretty thin. THe shower head was palced for a 5 foor tall person at most. The "spa" hot tub is in the basement and feels like a dungeon. The "sauna" was listed as closed for the season (in the middle of March). The pool is TINY despite the pictures onlne, and the "gym" is barely a few pieces of equipment in a basement room. Consider this hotel only if you get a really CHEAP rate, because that is what you are getting. On the pluis side they do have free covered parking. THe WiFi was free also but REALLLY SLOW. The elvator is also REALLY SLOW. I would NOT come back here, especially for the rate we were charged.

Room Tip: The rooms on the street are LOUD (constant busses) so ask for an interior room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Yes it is a great location! I apologize for the disappointing experience you had at Shadow Ridge. My Name is Jason Renfro and I’m the new General Manager, and I will be looking at your review and others to see where we can improve upon in areas of service as well as our facility.
Clearfield, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Our stay at the Resort was wonderful. It was such a pleasure to meet Brian, the Property Manager, who upgraded our room reservation to a 1-Bedroom Condo facing the slopes. The Condo was nicer than we could have imagined. When the young gentleman checked us in he handed us a bottle of Wine and said "Happy Anniversary". It really made us feel special. (I'm just sorry I don't remember his name). Our Condo was fabulous.. Beautifully decorated, very spacious, very clean and equipped with anything we could need (although I must admit we didn't do much cooking. It was my vacation, after all). Brandon said we could check in early and out late since it was at the end of the busy season and we did take advantage of checking out late. Everyone treated us so nice. When we checked out, Karina (I really hope I got her name right) was so sweet. What a wonderful staff. We will definitely be back. Brian, thank you again for making our Anniversary so special.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Glad to see your anniversary was a success! Thank you for letting us be a part of it, and thank you for mentioning the staff as they always are trying exceed your expectations. We would love for you to comeback and visit us again and enjoy the relaxation and peace you felt at Shadow Ridge.
Miami, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We spent several days at the hotel (calling it a resort is a long bow). It is an easy walk to Park City Mountain Resort, even with ski boots. Room quality was very good but service was lacking. For $160/night couldn't we at least get some glasses and coffee mugs instead of polystyrene cups, which we had to ask for on two of our three days at the hotel. The maid service was also hit and miss and they appeared to randomly replace items and ignore the obvious needs of the room, e.g. shampoo, tissues, toilet paper, coffee and don't forget the invaluable polystyrene cup. I think these were being stockpiled for the next winter. For the price I would expect more, much more. The ski shop in the lobby is very convenient and can provide all your rental needs and discount tickets. Free bus is just across the road and will take you to all the local sites/destinations but the short 20 minute walk to Main Street is worth it just to explore the streets and history. Also an easy 10 to 15 min walk to Fresh Market for all your shopping needs, if you have a self contained room.
I wouldn't say don't stay here as the location is second only to being on the hill, just be aware that you may need to make several trips to reception to get items that are missing from your room.

Room Tip: The building is semicircular so rooms on the inside have limited views. Ask for a room on the upper...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being honest in letting us know how your stay was this is how we improve our hotel and its services we provide. Our location is great, but not having the correct amount of basic amenities is not acceptable. I apologize for the inconvenience we caused you by having to keep coming to the desk. However I’m glad you enjoyed the walk to downtown and all that has to offer. The history of Park City is a true gem. If you are interested in coming back please let us know so we can ensure you can enjoy Shadow Ridge, and of course all of what Park City has to offer.

Been to Shadow Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Shadow Ridge Resort

Address: 50 Shadow Ridge Rd, Park City, UT 84060
Location: United States > Utah > Wasatch Range > Park City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#4 Top resorts Hotel in Park City
#21 Family Hotel in Park City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Shadow Ridge Resort 2.5*

Stunning views and uncommon affordability make this resort property an ideal destination for couples, friends, families, and of course, larger business groups - home to more than 4,000 square feet of meeting space between four rooms.

Besides Shadow Ridge's exceptional proximity to the ski resort, guests enjoy being close to the galleries, restaurants, boutiques, and nightlife of Park City's Historic Main Street -- just a short half-mile walk or an even shorter half-mile ride via our complimentary on-demand shuttle service. And guests will find no easier access to ski and snowboard rentals than the clothing and rental shop that neighbors the front desk in our newly-remodeled lobby. Moreover, the Park City Municipal Golf Course is just steps away and transforms into a cross country skier's dream in winter, winding through rolling low hills and snow-tipped old growth trees.

Choose from a variety of accommodations, including everything from smaller hotel rooms with cozy private balconies to spacious 1- and 2-bedroom condos complete with full kitchens, warm fireplaces, and comfortable dining areas.

... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Shadow Ridge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Shadow Ridge Hotel Park City
Shadow Ridge Park City
Shadow Ridge Resort Park City, Utah

If you own or manage Shadow Ridge Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.